Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (new From Software game)

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think the hardest fight in the game so far is the red-eyed surgeon and his thrall samurai in the abandoned dungeon, for the simple reason that there are two of them. This combat doesn't work at all with multiple enemies.
Once I managed to whittle down the HP of one of them with fire and poison, which took forever, but then the other guy got me. :argh:

Spike

Educated
I think the hardest fight in the game so far is the red-eyed surgeon and his thrall samurai in the abandoned dungeon, for the simple reason that there are two of them. This combat doesn't work at all with multiple enemies.
Once I managed to whittle down the HP of one of them with fire and poison, which took forever, but then the other guy got me. :argh:
Wait...You can fight the surgeon?

Ezekiel

Arcane
maybe in the next game they will make a good combat system
Think Ocarina of Time in being one of the first was smarter than FromSoftware's games about locking on, even though it didn't have a right stick yet to toggle between targets. Holding the lock-on button (impossible if it's on R3) meant that you could strafe and run backwards defensively even if there was no target. L3 and R3 are clunky buttons, to be honest. That's why everybody hates it when full run and crouch are assigned to them. You have to click down and tilt forward to dash (Uncomfortable and probably bad for the stick.) and you accidentally crouch in the middle of combat because your thumb is resting there.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You can if you speak to the samurai who hears the sound after the surgeon's assistant has given you his quest. You then have the option to lure him to the dungeon.

Spike

Educated
You can if you speak to the samurai who hears the sound after the surgeon's assistant has given you his quest. You then have the option to lure him to the dungeon.
So you lure the samurai there to fight the surgeon? I never lured the samurai because I didn't want to betray him and kill him. Between him and 2nd Owl I guess I have two more fights left after all these years...*picks up my blade* Looks like we have one more job, old friend...

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS GOT TO LAST BOSS NEVER WON BUT LOST MY FAGBOX CD SO I A NOT ABLE FINISHING

RESTARTED ON PC

BROS I REMEMBER APE RAPING ME FOREVER THANK GOD BROS WENT DOWN OK

SHINOBI OWL REALLY PUSHED MY SHIT IN BUT THIS TIME THROUGH I KEPT GETTING BETTER AND BETTER FUCKING AWESOME BODS

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS GOT TO LAST BOSS NEVER WON BUT LOST MY FAGBOX CD SO I A NOT ABLE FINISHING

RESTARTED ON PC

BROS I REMEMBER APE RAPING ME FOREVER THANK GOD BROS WENT DOWN OK

SHINOBI OWL REALLY PUSHED MY SHIT IN BUT THIS TIME THROUGH I KEPT GETTING BETTER AND BETTER FUCKING AWESOME BODS
BROS OK THIS GAME IS HARD AND MAKES ME ANXIETIES

BAD NEW BROS I CHEESE ED DEMON OF HATRED I HATE THE FUCK BUT I CHEESE HE LOLLOLLOL

I BEAT FATHER OWL LOLLLOLOL HE WASNT HORRIBLY BAD

BROS GOT DRAGON MASK MIGHT GRIND ATTACK POINTS SO ISSHIN DOESNT PUSH MY SHITIN

BROS GOT DRAGON MASK MIGHT GRIND ATTACK POINTS SO ISSHIN DOESNT PUSH MY SHITIN

Don't do it to yourself. You will spend way more time grinding skill points than you would just learning the boss. And attack power points don't even change that much anyway past first 10 or so. That mask shit isn't worth bothering with at all.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
anything besides dash + charged attack feels like coin flip that you can't afford because the heals are very limited. I've learned Whirlwind Slash and it doesn't stagger anything that's attacking, so you can't really use it, and Mikiri Counter so far is missing every opportunity because I can't afford to just chill in one spot. How do you crowd control in Sekiro?

You are a ninja, not a samurai. You only play legit against bosses (i mean if you feel like it), for crowds you can play as dirty as you want. Use stealth and ninjutsu, fuck honor.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS ALMOST RAGEQUIT CAUSE ISSHIN PUSHED MY SHIT IN

FIRST TWO STAGES I GOT PAST FIRST GO BUT HIT AND MISS AFTER

THE THIRD WAS TERRIBLE I ONLY BEAT IT LIKE THREE TIMES BUT THEN I CRUSHED LAST STAGE

BROS SHADOWRUSH FUCKING WRECKS HIMIF YOU KNOW WHEN YOU HIT

WHEN I RAN OUT OF EMBLEMS IN STAGE 3 I SWITCHED TO MORTAL BLADE DAMAGES THROUGH GAURD AND MORE RANGE AND STUNS HIM MORE THAN NORMAL STRIKES

ALSO BROS MOSTLY POSTURE KILLS THE FIRST TWO STAGES I COULD WRECJ THAT FAG WITH LESS THAN HALF POSTURE

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS ALMOST RAGEQUIT SEVERAL TIMES BUT I MANY TRY NG+

MIGHT ALSO PLAY SOME FAGGY EASY GAME AT THE SAME TIMES

Lambach

Arcane
Ye, I think Sekiro isn't enough of an "RPG", by which I mean stats are a deciding factor, and is too much of an action game to warrant NG+.

I went from losing my mind and almost curb-stomping my monitor after dozens and dozens of unsuccessful attempts against fucking Genichiro over the course of 3 days in my first playthrough, to almost effortlessly wasting Isshin while taking only maybe 2-3 hits during the fight in NG++. And my character, Sekiro, didn't really improve in any remotely significant way, because 95% of the stats you can improve at all can be relatively easily maxed out during NG. NG+, NG++ etc. don't really bring anything new to the table.

The only possible reason to do NG+ is for the evil ending. Because it makes the game much shorter and you would miss out on bunch of upgrades if doing it in NG. But then you get to fight the more annoying version of Isshin lolol.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I remember somebody mentioning you can do a charmless run on a fresh save back in my let's play thread. Is that true? How does that work?

The only reason to get to NG+ would be achievements, but that's annoying because you need to redo the whole game in NG+ and then again in NG++ up to the evil ending to get the final skill.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
more annoying version of Isshin lolol.

More annoying yes, but for me it wasn't as hard as end game Isshin.

Of course, i didn't bother learning to counter that Water Fowl-like flurry he does since you can just knock him out of it. Fuck it.

I remember somebody mentioning you can do a charmless run on a fresh save back in my let's play thread. Is that true? How does that work?

You just need to have a save with NG+ started. Then you can start a new game and charmless will be available.

Anonona

Learned

The only reason to get to NG+ would be achievements, but that's annoying because you need to redo the whole game in NG+ and then again in NG++ up to the evil ending to get the final skill.
If you have beaten the game already, starting a new game should allow you to do it as if you were in NG+. Probably harder than doing it in a NG+ too, as your health is quite low and you have no skill nor ninja tools. You can toll the demon bell too for extra challenge, but I think the only reward it nets you is gaining more money and better drop rates if I remember right.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ha, i see. I didn't go to NG+ with my toon i just parked him in the Dilapidated Temple that's why i couldn't see any option.

I'm tempted to do just that on my next run. Fuck achievements honestly. I got the Dark Souls achievement in Dark Souls 1 and it was really annoying, i had to finish the game two times and a half and because of that i didn't get a chance to try different builds.

Anonona

Learned
The option is given at the beginning of the playthrough, when speaking with Kuro. After receiving your katana it either gives you the option to give the charm back to him or you have to speak to him again to give him the charm, can remember exactly which.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS IM JUST HAVING FUN MAYBR CHADE CHEEVOS

THIS WAS MY SECOND NG RUN I RAGEQUIT THE FIRST BECAUSE I HATW DEMON OF FAG

ENJOYING NG PLUS GOT GYOYU ONE TRY AND LADY BUTTERFLY TWO TRIES

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
434169755_956323552526469_2538842600722334938_n.jpg

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I AM DONE WITH SEKIRO FOR NOW

MIDWAY THOUFG NG PLUS PLUS

IT IS ONE OF THE FEW GAMES I HAVE UNINSTALLER BECAUSE I WAS OBSESSED

SOME BOSSES FALL EASY AND SOME HARD BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THE FIGHTS ARE GETTING LONGER MOSTLY CAUSE I BACK OFF FOR POSTURE RECOVERY

STILL NEVER BEAT FAG OF HATRED FUCK HIM IN HIS ONE ARMED DIRTY BUDDHA LOVING ASSHOLE I WILL CHEESE THAT FUCK EVERY TIME

THIS PLAYTHROUGH THE BOSSES ARENT HARDER BUT TAKE LONGER BECAUSE POSTURE MANAGEMENT GETS HARDER I NG PLUS

WHEN THIS GAME CLICKS WITH YOU IT IS PERFECT BUT YOU MUST HAVE A HIGH TOLERATION FOR FRUSTRATION

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I TRT TO GET OUT BUT HIMS PULL ME IN

I UNINSTALLED THE GAME BUT PLAYED SOME POPAMOLE SHIT THEN REALIZED THIS GAME WAS MORE FUN THAN ALMOST ANY SHIT I AM BEING DOING

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom