Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun modules

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
According to the forums supposedly stealth mechanics were partially implemented but not used, in addition to a heat system like in the matrix which would call for reinforcements.

Who knows maybe things like weapons mods might end up in the Berlin DLC.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
[/SIZE]
Full party creation/import (hopefully it's possible)

I disagree with this. In the way it is now implemented, you only have a list of other Shadowrunners. You do not know their motivations, really know if they trustworthy, or will they stab you in the back at some point. A GOOD module would expand on this.

Shadowrun is not a happy shiny everything goes right magical happy fantasy land. It is rough, cruel, you do not know who to trust, or when you will die. And you will die.
If you're going to develop the runner's personality, then alright by me.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I took that one huge troll with me on every mission and him and I were bros, whether game dialogue said it or not.

One thing I will say is that the test mode which went up today, referenced earlier, added a lot of speech bubbles which made the other runners feel more like real people. Just a simple "help me out over here" or "this is gonna be trouble" would add a lot to the party feel.

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
That troll was somehow the only shadowrunner in the entire pool who had focused on his weapon skills. Damn straight I always took him.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Making the runners people you meet in person or call up and talk to instead of guys you order out of a catalogue would do wonders for the atmosphere. And aside from backstory, they could offer other services, sell you rare equipment or other contacts, offer runs, or just give you info about the world. All of that would flesh them out so much even if they never told you a thing about themselves. The fact that a guy is willing to sell you lonestar equipment or give advice on duping them says more about him than some stupid blurb about his history.

Just as a reminder for people who are interested in (re)playing the genesis game - you may be interested in this

[...]Having people all over the place constantly offering runs made the city feel so much more alive. It's one of the key differences with a DnD setting. It makes no sense to walk into a random city in forgotten realms and expect some guy in a tavern to send you off to kill beasties or clear out a tomb. But it makes sense in shadowrun.[...]

But it does. D&D's worlds are so full of dangerous things and forgotten riches that people don't laugh if you say your profession is "Adventurer". The "a hooded man approaches your table" hook exists because in a world where there are entire races dedicated to the concept of evil, pretty much anyone with some coin has a job for a ragtag bunch of mercenaries. In Shadowrun, it's just more professional.

NotTale

Learned
I would have liked to see weapon modifications, personalization.
Also, did Smartlinked guns have ANY effects?
I feel like they didn't, but it was so late in the game that I got one I might not have noticed.

Is that not related to overwatch? I was on the final mission before I figured out how to do it.

Apparently you can't view NPC models in the editor. And like someone said earlier, it doesn't seem you can customize stats or descriptions on equipment. Which is going to make customizing NPCs a little harder and a little more generic. Unless you're reusing story NPCs from the shipped campaign.

But I haven't figured out how to fool around with the hire choices either, so there just maybe stuff that's hard to find.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You don't have to view NPC models to customize their appearance though. Easy to do with the prop editing.

NotTale

Learned
You don't have to view NPC models to customize their appearance though. Easy to do with the prop editing.

Tell me more...

I'm using actor spawner and there's nothing under the customization option that lets you see the model. You just pick from a text list.

NotTale

Learned

Tell me more...

I'm using actor spawner and there's nothing under the customization option that lets you see the model. You just pick from a text list.
http://shadowrun-returns.wikispaces.com/Custom NPCs

That only solves half the problem. It's very good that I can customize them. But having to view the wiki to see what the customization options are is going to be a minor pain.

Half is better than nothing.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Just as a reminder for people who are interested in (re)playing the genesis game - you may be interested in this

[...]Having people all over the place constantly offering runs made the city feel so much more alive. It's one of the key differences with a DnD setting. It makes no sense to walk into a random city in forgotten realms and expect some guy in a tavern to send you off to kill beasties or clear out a tomb. But it makes sense in shadowrun.[...]

But it does. D&D's worlds are so full of dangerous things and forgotten riches that people don't laugh if you say your profession is "Adventurer". The "a hooded man approaches your table" hook exists because in a world where there are entire races dedicated to the concept of evil, pretty much anyone with some coin has a job for a ragtag bunch of mercenaries. In Shadowrun, it's just more professional.
Yeah but in shadowrun you're talking about honest to god cities, with communication networks. There's probably SOMEONE hanging around a city/town in DnD that has work of some kind for you, but in Shadowrun there's probably a guy in every fucking bar that has dozens of jobs going on at the same time, at any time of day. And there's probably 3 johnsons or fixers within walking distance wherever you go. It's like the difference between trying to buy a used old video game in person by wandering around town through pawnshops, and trying to buy one by searching on eBay. Shadowrun isn't "a hooded man approaches your table" but "you approach the table of the hooded man and ask him if he has any work for a skilled decker in the next 3 days and also if he has any info on a new blackmarket cyberdeck." And of course the answer to both is yes. The answer is also yes if you ask him if he has work for a shaman, where to get some grenades, if he can arrange for a helicopter and pilot, where to go to sell some high quality, slightly used cyberware, if he has a job paying ~3000 nuyen or ~30 000 nuyen.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
How do you spawn a quest item on actor death? I set it up as an item pickup interaction dependent on health being at or below zero but that doesn't work.

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I never really liked the idea that a relatively rural, sparsely settled and low-tech place like the FR could constantly create enough new business for thousands upon thousands of adventurers. I can accept it as a gameplay mechanic, but in terms of MY IMMERSHUN I find "corporate warfare+otherworldly entities+capitalism+cyberspace+body horror+constant social strife" to be a much more effective plot engine.

DramaticPopcorn

FR fucking sucks as a setting. It falls apart as soon as you look critically at it. Just take it for what it is don't try to think on it. That's the best approach.

Not sure breaking the fourth wall like that all the time is much of an improvement.
Might as well make transitions to new areas at same intervals as the save points that wouldn't be interruptive.
Having a humongous area just for the sake of humongousness and littering it with save point eye sores would be a pretty terrible design decision, from immurshun point of view.

What might work is tying an autosave script to an interaction with a quest npc + removing saving/reloading screens at such points. But that's still too half-arsed and consoletarded. Need to bug the devs more for a proper saving system.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can you add some kind of extra inventory slot and put an item there which saves the game by triggers when you use it? Or a mission item of similar purposes?

ColCol

Arcane
I'm going to attempt to create two projects

1. A lengthy mission where you play as a Doc Wagon hired runner team to investigate who or what has been snatching wounded runners. The mission will be in several stages and hopefully be around 2-3 hours long. I plan to allow the mission to have multiple approaches and paths to ensure replay value.
2. Something that will be akin to a horde mode.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Anyone figured out how to make a persistent character that can be instanced multiple times? The NPC tutorials on the wiki either aren't detailed enough or kinda feel like they're skipping out a few crucial steps.

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out. Just really unintuitive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom