Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun modules

Multi-headed Cow

Also don't try to make the rooms too huge, and take an "late in, early out" philosophy. If you can't keep 3 rooms interesting, cut it down to two.
What if I'm having trouble keeping two rooms interesting. :M

Still haven't been able to drag myself through the end of the campaign it shipped with but it I did some banging away on the editor last night/today. Getting a handle on most of the basics, made a couple of rooms, some dialog, changing mission objectives as you progress, custom NPCs and area/scene transition. It's certainly not as easy to use as NWN1's editor that's for damn sure. For the really simple adventure I've got planned to learn the editor with (Probably 3 unique locations with one being reused once, 2 or 3 NPCs with dialog, one/two optional combats and a couple ways of tackling it) I probably would've already been done in NWN1. Some of the slowness is because I'm learning the editor as I'm going, but there's an awful lot of finessing props. I haven't even started fucking with lighting and sound placement yet, was leaving that after I got everything else functional and complete.

I'm hoping people make a lot of relatively short runs with non-combat solutions/skillchecks/alternate solutions as opposed to long adventures like the campaign. Shadowrun lends itself better to loading up disconnected and varied adventures than D&D. I'm starting my adventure in a shitty apartment (Which I could easily cut entirely, but I'm leaving it since I'm more concerned about learning while making this module instead of making A+ great adventure would shoot again) but honestly on the whole they'd probably work better if the descriptions on Steam Workshop were either job postings from Johnsons or from fixers. That way people could get an idea of the mission before they even download it, and then the actual start is preparing for the run.

PS: Fuck prop placement.

PPS: Fuck the dialog editor compared to NWN1.

PPPS: Fuck the wiki. Had to load the official campaign in the editor to learn ?(l.name)

Zetor

Arcane
Yep, there's a lot of stuff on the wiki... the main problem is that it's organized really poorly, so you're going to have problems finding pages unless you know exactly what you are looking for.

F'rex, if you're doing lighting, this bit on the bottom of the tips page is pretty relevant, but good luck finding it on the 2 pages actually dealing with lighting:
Also note that as of the current Editor build (6/16/2013), the visual cue of the Point Light asset is not aligned on the Y-axis with where it actually is on the rendered map. It is 2 or 3 page-ups from the ground level.

Multi-headed Cow

Sheesh, no kidding. I was searching for conversation shit on the wiki and wasn't finding it. Can't say I would've thought to look for "Text expansion".

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Got lots of ideas for short runs but have started messing around with the editor in order to make the old Stuffer Shack Fight that was almost everyone's starting 'adventure' in Shadowrun pnp 3rd edition. Basically a simple fight in a nightstore. Fun way to learn the editor.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
I'm pretty sure that the wiki will be streamlined (for lack of a better term :lol:) within the coming weeks.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Alright, I want to take a peek into a module to see how the maker did some things but somehow I can't find the content pack in the editor. Could anyone tell me where to find the custom content pack that comes from the workshop? Or are these closed for modding?

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Alright, I want to take a peek into a module to see how the maker did some things but somehow I can't find the content pack in the editor. Could anyone tell me where to find the custom content pack that comes from the workshop? Or are these closed for modding?
It's very likely that there are builder resources and player resources. Player resources are the ones you distribute and aren't editable.

The lighting bug is super annoying, but there's something else weird with it - it seems like even by page-downing, the effect of lights is inconsistent and doesn't apply to a lot of objects properly, casting really weird shadows on them and leaving them black. I think it might be better to just wait for them to fix it, than to go insane trying to tweak things. Fortunately if/when they do fix it, the lighting stage itself should become extremely quick to do.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Not really. I'm mostly interested wether or not modules made by modders can be browsed and looked at with the editor if downloaded through steam. Thanks though.

Plus, that module is a mess. The writing alone...

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Played around with lighting on my basic studio for module beggining, and it looks like this:
nvcj9h.jpg

while I started with something like this:

I'm pretty satisfied with the results, altough it still needs a little tweaking here and there. I want to make 2-3 "housing" hubs for the main character as he will move on thru' the eventual story.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Looks great! Myself I'm pretty pissed that there are no assets for one of the greatest cyberpunk tropes around. Guess starting out in a coffin/capsule hotel isn't going to happen.

NotTale

Learned
Reminds me of the start of Deus Ex. Odd for an apartment to remind me of a dock, but I like it.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Work in progress outdoor map is kinda coming along.

Having some problems getting everything to look quite right. Lighting is an issue, though I'm getting better with it. However, the bigger problem is getting building pieces to fit together. A lot of the ones that are supposedly of the same "set" really do not fit quite right, leading to visible gaps between seams. I guess it's just trial and error to get them working.
I don't if you figured this out yet, but you hold alt and use the arrow keys to "nudge" things around.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I don't if you figured this out yet, but you hold alt and use the arrow keys to "nudge" things around.
Yep, a while ago, but thanks.

Work in progress police station (lighting is a bit harsh):

sr_police1.jpg

This is actually a part of a module I'm making, not just random stuff... but I'm getting as many levels blocked out quickly so I can get started on content. It's not gonna be huge but I'm hoping for at least a few hours of gameplay.

NotTale

Learned
What kind of pathing rules have you guys figured out?

Started work on my starting area/office yesterday only to find that it was so small the character could only walk two places.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Hm, I wonder if you could merge scenes from different mods, so people could actually teamup to make a lot of locations together. Anyway, I'm not really into writing stories in Shadowrun lore, so if anyone is looking for help, count me in.

Lovely surveillance room sea :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom