Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun modules

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Great design work there sea. Already looks good.

I'm working on a lab/office combo with some nice goals. The editor is better than I thought for designing goals and triggers.

I still can't get this NPC to drop an item though. Guess I need to resort to youtube videos.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Played Lonestar Termination for the lulz. Guy that made it also made a couple of rather retarded comments about several other modules. Highpoint of his module is a description and loading screen that's one big typo. After that you'll find a few badly designed rooms with some guards. Mercifully swift is the best I can say.

First Content Project is a miniscule mod in which you play as a guy who wakes up after passing out in the loo. Captures the experience quite well, I must say. Ends afterwards. Worth a giggle.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
2cz7eib.jpg

Few glitches here and there like eg. bookshelf in the bedroom, but it took me like 20-25minutes (using the lighting from previous scene) so I can mass produce things like that already after few hours with the editor. Thing is, I'm making far too big rooms. Gotta keep it much smaller. Just look how much space is wasted.
Can't come up with a good lighting for those big panoramic windows tho'.

Jackalope

Arcane
Looking good, sea. Glad to see I'm not the only sad chummer who has too much spare time around here.:bro:

I must say my map has grown since yesterday. Only two more rooms to go. Currently tweaking the lights, so I don't get the black shadows on my props.

more_progress.png

EDIT: That's some real nice lighting you've got, Smart Cheetah. Mine is drek at the moment.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
15 Minutes in with the editor and I have to say, it's actually pretty intuitive to use, I like! The only annoying things are the walls with the edges/corners, they are pretty awkward to use, maybe I am just too much used to the easier FOnline mapper.
Now trying to create some GM texts, variables and so on. I can see myself doing a small module even if things keep being that easy. :)

untitled153l3u.png

Leimreу

Novice
Anyone else tried the Warehouse template? I can't get the fucking pipes on any of the pieces to stick together properly and it's driving me insane. I want to build a warehouse (exterior view), but I have no clue how to properly stick the edge pieces together OR attach the roof to any of the pieces. I've been trying all kinds of combinations for at least an hour now and it still looks wrong, I suspect these assets are fucked or I'm just clinically retarded.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Is there any way to make a directional light, instead of the normal spotlight?

Machine

Arbiter
Is there any way to make a directional light, instead of the normal spotlight?

Trying to figure out lighting as well. Since module I wanted to make should start off in a nightclub/bar type of place, I was experimenting alot with lighting today, and its a mess. Created a simple scene, set the ambient lighting to nightclub-ish and started experimenting:

QWXX6tYh.jpg

Added vendor and neon light, plain white point light. With lots of nudging and paging up and down managed to center it so it shines off on pillar and floor nicely. Added flicker fx and red point to Exit sign, it looks really nice ingame. Then I added the large hole prop to try to make it "shine" on adjacent walls and player as it goes near. Sadly I didnt manage to make lighting interact with prop itself, light seems to only accent the edges and whatnot, which is still useful if you go with colors that are similar, I wanted to use something more distinct so I can see it though.

bJrreZJh.jpg

Added graffiti on the wall, and yellow-greenish light to seem like light is shining on wall from below. Added totem prop to test light blending and smaller directional lights.

luyCmoeh.jpg

Further tweaking. Used desk as a proxy for interactable object (like terminal) that should light up user from below. Done with about 4 different purple shade lights stacked near each other. Was happy with the wall graffiti result as it was here, added small green light on top of totem, wanted to make it seems like light is coming off celing but it turned out more of a frontal light. Also added small accent to weapon store in the wall.

OeX2nEUh.jpg

Played some more with light stacking and accented the table so the hooded woman looks more "in shadows". Also added lights to shine near the hole as player approaches, they are bit wrong color but easier to see. Totem has another blue light shining on it from below and wanted to see how would exit sign light look with prop underneath (and it looks like shit).

TL;DR Lighting is a clusterfuck, point lights cant be used to create sort-of directed lighting but with lots of tweaking.

Will start working on my nightclub scene tomorrow hopefully, will try to experiment more with region lighting, feel like there isn't much more you can do with point lights unless you go mental stacking them.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Fuck, Machine, this looks like a PERFECT small map for being infront of a shady nightclub etc. Can you share that with us please?

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck, Machine, this looks like a PERFECT small map for being infront of a shady nightclub etc. Can you share that with us please?

Sure, here's the link (unpack to User\Documents\Shadowrun Returns\ContentPacks). There's only this scene + vendor dialogue in pack though, need to add main parts of the map tomorrow.

(Or in the case of Windows7, User\AppData\Local\Harebrained Schemes\Shadowrun Returns\ContentPacks)

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Weird. Maybe there's different locations for downloaded content packs and saved stuff from the editor. Well, whichever works.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Lighting really is a pain but you can get great results with endless tweaking. I can't show pics as my desktop is offline for a little while but my office and lab combo is coming together really well, as is my scripting. I still think relatively linear is the way to go but I'm surprised by how high quality your contet can be in a short amount of time.

Well, I haven't figured out how to add items yet (there seems to be linking to a couple files I haven't quite nailed down yet), but I have been able to mod some of the attributes for guns.

First, if you didn't know, the data files are in "Steam/steamapps/common/Shadowrun Returns/ShadowRun_Data/StreamingAssets/ContentPacks/seattle/data". I've mostly been screwing around the in the items folder. If you're going to be doing any editing, I recommend backing up these folders.

Next, you'll need some sort of hex editor. You shouldn't have any problems finding one on the web. I use xvi32, but just about anything will work.

Opening up the file in the hex editor, you should be able to see a bunch of readable strings. I'll be referencing the "pi 2 ares predator.item.bytes" file. In order to change a string, you'll first need to figure out how long the string will be. The two bytes preceding the string (eg. 12 before "Pi 2 Ares Predator") indicates how long the string will be. This is in hex, so if you don't know how to convert it, look it up.

1 - A string id - don't screw with this
2 - An icon file - I don't recommend changing this either.
3 - In-game text name - You can safely change this
4 - In-game text description - You can change this

There's some other string stuff in there that I can make educated guesses about, but I haven't really tested any of it.

To change the clip size and damage of the weapon, look for the following set of characters after the description:
AD 01 00 00
The two bytes preceding this string is the clip size. The four bytes after this string is the damage. Clip size is easily changed; just convert the value you want to hex. Damage is tricky, as its a float value (ie. it has an integer part and a decimal part). Here are some of the values I've seen:
Code:
Hex Value Damage Value
80 41      16
60 41      14
40 41      12
20 41      10
10 41      9
00 41      8
E0 40      7
C0 40      6

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, I haven't figured out how to add items yet (there seems to be linking to a couple files I haven't quite nailed down yet), but I have been able to mod some of the attributes for guns.

First, if you didn't know, the data files are in "Steam/steamapps/common/Shadowrun Returns/ShadowRun_Data/StreamingAssets/ContentPacks/seattle/data". I've mostly been screwing around the in the items folder. If you're going to be doing any editing, I recommend backing up these folders.

Next, you'll need some sort of hex editor. You shouldn't have any problems finding one on the web. I use xvi32, but just about anything will work.

Opening up the file in the hex editor, you should be able to see a bunch of readable strings. I'll be referencing the "pi 2 ares predator.item.bytes" file. In order to change a string, you'll first need to figure out how long the string will be. The two bytes preceding the string (eg. 12 before "Pi 2 Ares Predator") indicates how long the string will be. This is in hex, so if you don't know how to convert it, look it up.

1 - A string id - don't screw with this
2 - An icon file - I don't recommend changing this either.
3 - In-game text name - You can safely change this
4 - In-game text description - You can change this

There's some other string stuff in there that I can make educated guesses about, but I haven't really tested any of it.

To change the clip size and damage of the weapon, look for the following set of characters after the description:
AD 01 00 00
The two bytes preceding this string is the clip size. The four bytes after this string is the damage. Clip size is easily changed; just convert the value you want to hex. Damage is tricky, as its a float value (ie. it has an integer part and a decimal part). Here are some of the values I've seen:
Code:
Hex Value Damage Value
80 41      16
60 41      14
40 41      12
20 41      10
10 41      9
00 41      8
E0 40      7
C0 40      6
:bro: Nice find.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom