Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun Returns - Dead Man's Switch Original Campaign

ColCol

Arcane
I can't picture the campaign being meant for an old character. My character is already a golden god.

Pretty disappointed in this. If this is how the Kickstarter RPG revolution looks, I'm going back to DA2.

Better hold out until WL2 and Underrail are ready. This was just an oddball, bringing a Nintendo game to the PC.

I've already gotten more out of the Underrail alpha than I can see myself getting from Shadowrun in its current state. I hope the Berlin DLC is released in the next few days.
Isn't it more like a few months?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And then what? Max all stats? Buy everything with your 100,000 nuyen?
My guess is they'd take all your money for the plane ticket to Germany. And the airline would "accidentally" lose your gear. But you'd still keep your karma points.:smug:
I've read that the editor doesn't import the amount of money you have. :M

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Ok, so, I can finally play the game now that my PC is fixed. I kept myself in the dark regarding this game until I could play the game, but I just gotta come out and ask: what the hell is up with the skill system? Doesn't feel like anything's happening when I put pump my skills. I don't feel or see any noticeable differences unless it specifically states that it unlocks some skill or ability. I've never been a fan of keeping stats obscure. I'm playing an Elf Shaman and it feels pretty shit too. Not really feeling it.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Ok, so, I can finally play the game now that my PC is fixed. I kept myself in the dark regarding this game until I could play the game, but I just gotta come out and ask: what the hell is up with the skill system? Doesn't feel like anything's happening when I put pump my skills. I don't feel or see any noticeable differences unless it specifically states that it unlocks some skill or ability. I've never been a fan of keeping stats obscure. I'm playing an Elf Shaman and it feels pretty shit too. Not really feeling it.
Welcome to Shadowrun Returns

Shadenuat

Arcane
Try playing Mage/Shaman instead of pure shaman, pump these: Will, Spellcasting, CHA, Spirit Summon, Spirit Control. And at least 3 points in body. You'll have fun time summoning, blasting, buffing and controlling monsters (mind wipe, blind) all in one. I liked that build, played on Very Hard till endgame.

Today I found out that peaceful resolutions in SR, with CHA checks and all that, aren't useless. They can actually be harmful :? So here's the story, there is a troll with one eye guarding door in the mission when you help Coyote to find her bro, you can go around him multiple ways, by bribing or passing CHA check, or buying keycard from a dwarf. Well guess what, if you hit him in his blind eye instead and then kill him, you'll get a notebook with contracts from his body, which you can then sell to Van Graaf for ~1000 credits. I just hate this game sometimes.
Also, I found out what's behind that vending machine in temple. You need 5 STR to move it, and 5 Decking to unlock door behind it. It leads right to the corridor with a body of Cherry Bomb's friend, and then right into the final stage of that level with ms. Watts and her bug-friends. Who would in their right mind play a melee decker I don't even...

Shadenuat

Arcane
That's if you pump conjuring. You don't need that, I used mage spells instead (fireball, mana ball), but I also summoned spirits. So it's more DPS/control/summon than buff.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Well not necessarily, melee holds itself well against all firearms (except shotguns which are/were p. broken with knee shot) main problem with adept powers is that only the 1st and 4th points are worth investing. Which I guess isn't much of an issue considering adepts have to distribute points all over the place.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well not necessarily, melee holds itself well against all firearms (except shotguns which are/were p. broken with knee shot) main problem with adept powers is that only the 1st and 4th points are worth investing. Which I guess isn't much of an issue considering adepts have to distribute points all over the place.
And haste overwrites stride.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Melee is quite good once you have the adept's double attack skill, which always crits, and hence always drains AP.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Unarmed gets the awesome mana fist that requires you to be in melee range to use (unlike any other melee ability that merely require you to have enough AP to walk to the target) and deals a whooping 10 damage that doesn't scale or even stack with the damage bonus from killing hands.

And haste overwrites stride.
WAT

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
The same goes for most buffs. Hit chance spell doesn't stack with eagle totem spell, and even cancels it's aoe effects. Two haste spells do stack, however.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom