Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Cromwell

Arcane
What's the point of an "HD" remaster on the fucking Switch of all things?

Easy to emulate and if you have a switch, portability. switch is absolutely awesome. I would rather buy another switch than a new console.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Everybody needs their shinies and Nintendo is in dire need of some.

Myself, I did what I thought was correct, and got Persona 5, and will get a PS4 when it's discontinued and its price falls. Ofc, I took the chance to get more cheap PS4 exclusives.

Would do the same with Switch, but not for now, for starters it's pretty difficult to get a Switch nowadays (and probably ever). I got The World Ends with You Final Remix as insurance; will consider it again when Switch is discontinued too. I can always speculate on this game however.

The problem with Switch is that unlike with Sony, Nintendo's exclusives never fall in price. I don't doubt Mario Odyssey is as good or better than Ratchet and Clank, but Ratchet cost me about 20 dollars and Odyssey is about 50 or something, big difference.

I'm all up for SMT3 remake on the Switch, let them get good things too, but for now I'll concentrate on Persona 5.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
What's the point of an "HD" remaster on the fucking Switch of all things?

Easy to emulate and if you have a switch, portability. switch is absolutely awesome. I would rather buy another switch than a new console.
I have a Switch but I don't give a shit about portability and my experience with Fire Emblem: Three Houses was that it was low res, slow loading, and had fps drops even when docked. The Switch is kind of shit. Fine if you want portability I guess but I don't care about that and it's definitely not a 1080p console.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I just had download and was gonna play Nocturne via emulator like week ago but i guess now i don't have to.

Also FUCKING FINNALY , SMTV. 2021 looking really great.

I hope 3 Remaster have skill inheritance similar to 4 and 4A because i really don't want to waste my time reseting to get the right skill.

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Alright, good ol' Lucifer's back! Not that resident evil flamboyant tyrant reject we got in smt IV.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I have a 4770k. I don't think my cpu is good enough for Switch emulation and as someone who's followed the emulation scene since 1997 I think Switch emulation is still in it's infancy and people are overhyping how accurate the emulators are by a lot. Not to mention setting their expectations of development speed far too high.

Puukko

Arcane
Yuzu has had a lot of speed improvements these past few months and just a couple weeks ago a Patreon build allowed a 4790k to run Mario at almost full speed. I am on a 3770k so I am just on the edge of whether these games will be playable for me at release. If these performance improvements keep up, I should be fine.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Unless they are using speed hacks you aren't going to see speed improve by much. In fact the cpu requirements should go up as accuracy improves. Speed hacks are a bad thing and I hope the devs resist the temptation.

Vorark

Erudite
The trailer is very reminiscent of Nocturne's TDE. In fact, resembles it so much that a sudden SMTIII remaster makes plenty of sense beyond putting the series on the radar again.

I hope 3 Remaster have skill inheritance similar to 4 and 4A because i really don't want to waste my time reseting to get the right skill.

I spent a whole evening resetting for the perfect Daisoujou back then, ultimate buffer/debuffer/mp battery. :dealwithit:

Perkel

Arcane
Unless they are using speed hacks you aren't going to see speed improve by much. In fact the cpu requirements should go up as accuracy improves. Speed hacks are a bad thing and I hope the devs resist the temptation.

Literally in last 3 weeks they added multicore CPU support and most of games double tripled frame-rate.
Moreover no. The more time goes the more optimized emulators become not slower.

Super Mario Oddysey is one of most demanding games on Switch when it comes to emulation and people who have 4xxx series Intels are reporting getting really good framerates.

On my Ryzen3600 i went from most of game below default speed to most of games playing at full speed.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
:M
uey82k3962c51.jpg

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Literally in last 3 weeks they added multicore CPU support and most of games double tripled frame-rate.
Moreover no. The more time goes the more optimized emulators become not slower.

Yes, adding multicore support is going to be a huge speed boost. I don't think you understand how emulators work if you think they can just "optimize" for more speed though. Take Byuu's emulators as an example. There is a reason bsnes needs a way more powerful cpu than snes9x. It's because it's far more accurate. You can have speed or you can have accuracy. You can't have both and accuracy matters far more.

Here's an article that may help you understand more: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011...-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/

Last edited:

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The trailer is very reminiscent of Nocturne's TDE. In fact, resembles it so much that a sudden SMTIII remaster makes plenty of sense beyond putting the series on the radar again.

I spent a whole evening resetting for the perfect Daisoujou back then, ultimate buffer/debuffer/mp battery. :dealwithit:
I got pretty lucky with a few fusion rolls on mine.
As result, I kept hearing his bell ringing and cathartic yelling all the way to Kagutsuchi tower:

Turn 1 Hohoho*ring**ring*
Turn 2 Hyaaaaaaa!
(Repeat)

I know it won't happen but I'm hoping there's something in the story line that changes the MCs appearance beyond blue or green RGB lighting.

Terra

Cipher
Couldn't you turn red briefly in the True Demon path? Not permanently though, sadly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom