Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Casual Hero

Augur
unable to come up with something creative again, they look back to a classic to rip off
I'm cautiously optimistic.
At worst, it will be a game with an unoriginal story, middling combat, and an amazing soundtrack.

Of course, I am not authorized to speak about this franchise at all.
I think it is time for me to play SMT 1, in preparation.

deuxhero

Arcane

At 0:20, the generic men all use the same model (same face, same haircut, even the same pose), but the people in the school uniforms (?) have model variety (I swear if they shoehorn school shit into mainline SMT...). At 0:21 you can see a girl wearing a sailor fuku with the same flower pattern but a skirt. You can also see the other people with the uniform top, but vastly different pants from the main character. Wonder what is with all that.

I wonder how many demons introduced in Strange Journey/SM4/Apocalypse will finally receive thier 3D versions in SMT5.

We already now about nu-Odin but imagine Mastema, Maitreya, Buddha-Mitra, Ancient of Days...

deuxhero

Arcane
youtube comments said:
可愛いねぇ主人公ちゃん…… 頭を撫でたい……

主人公の顔がめっちゃ女の子なんだけど主人公の性別選べたりするんかな

女がいない⁉️ あと、主人公の前髪左側を左右対称にするとフリンの髪型に近くならない?

主人公ちょっと可愛い系すぎひん?

これは楽しみ! 後、主人公君なんか可愛くない?

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
youtube comments said:
可愛いねぇ主人公ちゃん…… 頭を撫でたい……

主人公ちょっと可愛い系すぎひん?

これは楽しみ! 後、主人公君なんか可愛くない?

Jesus, Japan really is getting as pozzed as the west. Disgusting.

Perkel

Arcane
I really hope they will do monsters in 3D AND they animate every attack etc.
I really want to see my favorite monster in action.

Also they should ignore SMT and make devil summoner instead because monsters there had some use outside of just being 2D sprites in combat. + MC was fucking monocled aswesome not some shitty japanese crying mc.

i-amazon-shin-megami-tensei-pcw-statuetka-demon-lord-mara-40-cm-freeing.jpg

Either way:

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
youtube comments said:
可愛いねぇ主人公ちゃん…… 頭を撫でたい……

主人公ちょっと可愛い系すぎひん?

これは楽しみ! 後、主人公君なんか可愛くない?

Translation:

Jap youtube comments talking about how cute/girly the mc face is is and wondering will you be able to choose the mc gender.

Viata

Arcane
Like they already do? :roll:

You mean by releasing 4 and 4 redux lately and now doing 5th ?
I would rather see Strage Journey 2 than pure SMT.
I mean like releasing persona 3, persona 3 fes, persona 3 portable, persona 3 the night before, persona 3 dancing in moonlight, persona 4, persona 4 golden, persona 4 arena, persona 4 arena ultimax, persona 4 dancing all night, persona 5, persona 5 royal, persona 5 dancing in starlight, persona 5 scramble the phantom strikers, persona q, persona q2. That is ignoring all the mobile games released after Persona 3.

Casual Hero

Augur
If it was pure SMT it would be called SMT:WITHOUT FUCKING EXTRA TITLE

Wasn't it literally developed as SMT 4? They only decided against giving it a number bc the setting was not Tokyo; other than that, it is a mainline game.

Viata

Arcane
Strange Journey is pure SMT, it's a spin-off in the same way as if, unlike persona that is a spin-off of the MegaTen series(Megami Tensei is the whole series, Shin Megami Tensei is part of this series).
Also:
In 2009, a forum thread claimed that the game was developed as Shin Megami Tensei IV, according to an interview with Kazuma Kaneko, but since the game's setting does not take place in Tokyo, it is apparently not named as such.[1]. However, a new interview with director Eiji Ishida contradicts this. Ishida says that Strange Journey was conceived as a spinoff from the very beginning, but the promotional staff and Kazuma Kaneko thought that its quality was high enough to be called Shin Megami Tensei IV. Ishida ultimately refused to market it as such. Ishida also makes no mention of its setting not being in Tokyo becoming a factor

Perkel

Arcane
Well i played 4th and it was shit compared to SJ. Didn't play reworked version though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom