Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Yep, but u need to launch game on ruyjinx first and get to the save point (about first 10 minutes) coz of software keyboard on yuzu deadlock emu. Than you can copy-paste save file from one folder to another and properly play on yuzu.

Should we expect that they fix that error on yuzu soon ? I can wait some days or weeks to play the game.
I found the same bug a year ago with other games too. At the time I used the same trick by using ruyjinx to register my name and then copy/paste the save folder to yuzu.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Btw playing the game in ryujinx is the only way to get correct graphics atm, gustave's room is a good way to illustrate this:

Yuzu vulkan with broken shaders:

Yw6k3aZ.png

Yuzu opengl (glasm) textures are not loading correctly:

S5ry8A4.png

ryujinx opengl everything looks as it should:

q0y6qdl.png

Edit: Upscaling is already fixed in Ryujinx so no need to use 1x anymore.
Thanks, this is an informative comparison. I am curious to check how is the original Switch like.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
It is worth noting that emulating SMTV is a great middle finger to Atlus' exclusivity policy. I think this is the first time that a main SMT game is basically playable on different platforms from day one.

Puukko

Arcane
Day minus four, actually.

:hypeship:

I'm prepping my team for Nuwa currently. That prerequisite battle against Eligor took me like 7 or 8 attempts. He'd always land a one shot crit on the MC at low HP.

Sentinel

Arcane
Tyrant Beelzebub: A demon lord who reigns over Hell. Making use of flies as his servants, he rules while they transport souls. Because he is mentioned in the Bible as the leader of evil spirits, he established his position in the Christian world as a powerful demon.

Herald Metatron: The greatest and most mysterious among angels. He has many alternate names, including the "face of God" and the "angel of contracts." In contrast with his duty to preserve the world, he also has an aspect which takes cruel actions against humans.

Sentinel

Arcane
I don't like the Essence Fusion system so far because 1) it isn't explained to you how exactly you get essences and 2) they are vital to determine your resistances. Since you get essences from demons, if you want to tackle a challenge and you need to change your resistances around, you will basically have to go around looking for a demon that has the resistances you want, recruit it and grind it (i think) hoping you get its essence. It's completely inferior to simply having equipment you can buy at a shop.
Update: You unlock the ability to buy Essences from the shop later. They're pretty expensive though and money is scarce, and I haven't checked how useful they are for the content ahead yet.

Sentinel

Arcane
The only thing that's unclear to me so far is how talismans work.
If you mean the key items you get, they give specific races of demons miracles. There's one item called "Wargod Talisman" - this item gives every demon of the "Wargod" race the "Freikugel EX" miracle. You don't need to do anything with the item, you just scroll down to the miracle in combat and use it. Wargod Neko Shogun is the first Wargod demon you can find. He's level 6 or 7 I think.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Oh also, compendium summon costs in this game are completely fucking retarded. I feel like ATLUS wants you to buy the money DLC really hard.

If SMT4 Apocalypse is anything to go by , yes. Endgame in 4A you had to pay like 200k + Macca just to get one Demons from your compedium.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It is worth noting that emulating SMTV is a great middle finger to Atlus' exclusivity policy. I think this is the first time that a main SMT game is basically playable on different platforms from day one.

0 remorse pirating. Have payed a lot of money to them through Persona 4-5 and SMTIV-Apocalypse. It's retarded to publish this hardcore dungeon crawler as a Nintendo exclusive.

Puukko

Arcane
Look forward to the PC/multiplat rerelease in 2022 with a magical girl included. Perhaps she'll be a muscley tomboy to bring balance to the character design. Yin and yang, yanno.

catgode

Novice
Embarassing that I get 50+ frames in emulation on an average PC day -3, whereas on the actual hardware it can't maintain stable 30 from what I've heard, but I'll just be told "its a snitch what did you expect???" again so why bother...

Do we know if/how high the costs for compendium/shops are marked up what are the specific differences in difficulty on Hard? If it's gonna be another "grind your brain out because that shit is 5 times more expensive" and not much else, not sure if I want to bother.

Puukko

Arcane
At level 20, it's 3500-4000 macca for me to summon recent demons from the compendium. Not sure how it is on normal, but that feels lile it could be the usual 3x increase.

I can also say running from battle is near impossible.

Sentinel

Arcane
I'm playing on normal and the cost is about the same (higher even if I remember correctly. I've seen a share of 6k demons in the compendium before I hit lv20).

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

How about you spoiler your shit?

Anyway, game seems to run better now on Ryujinx after the latest update. Seems to be more stable than Yuzu as well, since Yuzu has a tendency to crash my graphics driver including the emulator here and then.

Game itself is great. The desolate city with the soundtrack in the background is pure kino, and its aesthetics are amazing. Don't think that we have to talk too much about the actual graphics here, they are fine, though the pop ups are incredible annoying. The pacing of the story seems to be really off so far, mainly because of the huge focus on the exploration aspect which skews the ratio of story cutscenes, or just meetings with other characters quite a bit. Hard mode is actually hard and the balancing is much better than in 4. Common enemy fights are also much more interesting now because of the Magasuhi skills, because even normal enemies could potentionally be a threat since they all have their own "Press A - Something Awesome Happens"-buttons (for example: "All Hits will be Criticals in the Next Round").

All in all pretty fucking good so far.

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I think I'm gonna wait a bit until emulators update with better performance. I'm getting average 15-20FPs in ryujinx.

Silva

Arcane
How is the Demi-fiend DLC storywise? Does it integrate the boy and the demons with the new world in some interesting way, or is it just barebones "Go find these special and then kill this special guy" stuff?

Puukko

Arcane
How is the Demi-fiend DLC storywise? Does it integrate the boy and the demons with the new world in some interesting way, or is it just barebones "Go find these special and then kill this special guy" stuff?
Nobody knows, DLC isn't out until Friday and even then I think DF is NG+.

Silva

Arcane
Nobody knows, DLC isn't out until Friday and even then I think DF is NG+.
Demi-fiend yes but the official blurb says the demons should be faced halfway through the first playthrough.

Retardo

Learned
Btw playing the game in ryujinx is the only way to get correct graphics atm, gustave's room is a good way to illustrate this:

Yuzu vulkan with broken shaders:

Yw6k3aZ.png

Yuzu opengl (glasm) textures are not loading correctly:

S5ry8A4.png

ryujinx opengl everything looks as it should:

q0y6qdl.png

Edit: Upscaling is already fixed in Ryujinx so no need to use 1x anymore.

I'm trying to decide whether Ishould play on yuzu or ryujinx. Found this video, and for some reason yuzu there looks more "proper", like your ryjinx screen.
What settings are you using on yuzu?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom