Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Puukko

Arcane
I briefly compared the emulators in the storage house area yesterday and Yuzu gave me extra fps, perhaps 10-15%. That area has been perhaps the most demanding so far. 1x with FSR is a very good compromise. 2x certainly looks better but it'd put me below 60 fps more often than not.

tet666

Augur
I briefly compared the emulators in the storage house area yesterday and Yuzu gave me extra fps, perhaps 10-15%. That area has been perhaps the most demanding so far. 1x with FSR is a very good compromise. 2x certainly looks better but it'd put me below 60 fps more often than not.

Yes performance is a bit better in Yuzu especially in vulkan but you have to deal with some graphical issues and crashes.

Since some people here use Ryujinx to emulate the game some small tips to run the game better:

Use custom scaling for example i can't reach locked 60 fps at 2x but i can at 1,5x (note always use a , to separate the numbers and not a . )
Disable vsync even if you want to play the game at 30/60 fps it only introduces input lag and there is no tearing even without it, use rtss or driver to force fps lock, if you get audio crackling switch the audio backend to sdl2.

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
The more I play the more I think this magatsuhi or whatever mechanic is completely pointless and inferior to the smirk system it tries to replace. The introduction of the "guard" command seems to have done more harm than good overall.

Seems like the Elemental damper just straight out fucks over Bosses's Magatshui skills.

Puukko

Arcane
How about an 8Kbino?

010063b012dc6000-2021-11-11-18-43-23-869.jpg

:desu:

Miner 2049er

Scholar
15 hours in and having a blast. Love the exploration. If IGN or whoever (I don't care about), said "Persona without a heart", I say "Persona without the fat". No long story exposition. Pure gameplay.
Explore, manage & fight.

Sentinel

Arcane
The more JRPGs I play the more I'm opposed to regular battle music. This game even has menu music for some reason. The exploration track on the 2nd map is so fucking good and you barely get to hear it. Can't even find it online either.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I've put in maybe an hour or so and the game seems decent so far. I can't stand playing with the English voices though. I'll have to put it on hold until the dlc is out tomorrow.

Don't know if I feel like getting a switch emu set up. Did fatlus ever say how well Nocturne's pc port sold? Wondering how likely it is that we get a port of 5 in a year or something.

The exploration track on the 2nd map is so fucking good and you barely get to hear it. Can't even find it online either.
Somebody dropped a gamerip of the tracks on squidboard if you care enough.

tet666

Augur
EU version with all DLC is out, didn't see NA DLC anywhere so far luckily i waited with my playtrough for the DLC so i just switched to the EU version.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Been slamming all my points into STR and I'm still not one shotting anything, even with crits. This pleases me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom