Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Sentinel

Arcane
Expansion pack like Nocturne was to SMT3.

Also, I probably will be buying like 20 copies of this game. Anyone here who is genuinely interested in it who never got to play it on the switch, or has a friend who wants to try out the genre?
If you're serious I'd like a Steam copy too. :oops:

grimace

Arcane

Also, I probably will be buying like 20 copies of this game. Anyone here who is genuinely interested in it who never got to play it on the switch, or has a friend who wants to try out the genre?

I'd like a steam copy.

Will SMT VV feature Steam Cloud Saves?

lightbane

Arcane

Can I have one Steam copy, please?

Puukko

Arcane

It's up:

Denuvo, as was to be expected.

grimace

Arcane

It's up:

The steam page has the extended trailer with English voices. I hadn't seen that anywhere else.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
edition guide:

decline
  • DLC Content – Mitama Dance of Wealth
    • Additional downloadable content that increases the spawn rate of “Saki Mitama,” demons that drop items that can be sold for Macca.
decline
  • DLC Content – Mitama Dance of EXP
    • Additional downloadable content increases the spawn rate of “Kushi Mitama,” demons that drop items that give the protagonist EXP, and “Ara Mitama,” demons that drop items that give ally demons EXP.
decline
  • DLC Content – Mitama Dance of Miracles
    • Additional downloadable content that increases the spawn rate of “Nigi Mitama,” demons that drop items that give the protagonist Glory, points needed to learn new Miracles.
decline
1709056148344.png

• Demon Subquest – Sakura Cinders of the East
    • In this quest, players will be able to take on “Konohana Sakuya” and even recruit her should they prove victorious.
decline edgy fuck
1709056198245.png

• Demon Subquest – Holy Will and Profane Dissent
    • In this quest, players will be able to take on “Dagda” and even recruit her should they prove victorious.

surprisingly for fatlus only 2 whatever demons locked behind dlcs

also pre-order bonus

decline
Pre-order Bonus: 2 Sacred Treasure Sets

Two Sacred Treasure sets that will aid you during your journey through Da'at. This set Includes "Gleam Grenade" to inflict a small amount of damage to foes and "Haraedo Bead" to recover HP for all allies, both can be used infinitely in battles.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I'm actually pretty interested in the game, Nocturne is among my favourites and I haven't owned a console in ages, nor intend to. However, I likely won't get a chance to play it on release, as I'm taking a long trip to japan over the summer. There's a bunch of other big summer releases as well like ER dlc and Dragon's Dogma 2, so I feel a copy would be wasted on me. I'll probably pick it up on a sale at some point. It's certainly a pleasant surprise they brought it to steam.

biggs

Novice
Might buy this to encourage ATLUS/SEGA to put the remaining good MegaTen games on Steam.

Puukko

Arcane
All the 3DS titles could use a remastering treatment. Clean up the art and UIs and refit for a non-ant display and that's already like 80% of the work done.

Sentinel

Arcane

It's up:

The steam page has the extended trailer with English voices. I hadn't seen that anywhere else.

Seems like it's been posted in other socials https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WewYD9Co3wU

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Shin Megami Tensei V:Vengeance leaked Full Famitsu Developer Interview (reddit)
- With game director Shigeo Komori and character designer Masayuki Doi
Source: http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/73407

- The new character Yoko was considered for an appearance in the previous game, but was ultimately passed over. She will be an important character in the revenge story of this game, so her appearance is long overdue.

- The new character will allow the existing characters to show a different side from that of the Canon of Creation.

- The relationship between the characters may change significantly.

- The main character running in the sky in the PV/trailer is a new element of field exploration. Finding them will bring shortcuts, new demons, quests, and other fun.

- All demons will be equipped with some kind of characteristics, so that demons that were weak in the previous game may become stronger through new usages and combinations.

- Level compensation has been revised so that even low-level players can defeat strong enemies with a little ingenuity. (level balancing)

please don't be too easy :negative:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Depending on how they balance it, it could make it less easy towards the end of the game. It was too easy to get overleveled if you did all the quests, especially if you were doing the questline to fight Shiva. You'd beat the last 10% of boss fights with level supremacy alone. It wasn't well balanced in SMT5 as the level itself was weighted too much in combat calculations.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

- The new character Yoko was considered for an appearance in the previous game, but was ultimately passed over. She will be an important character in the revenge story of this game, so her appearance is long overdue.

- The new character will allow the existing characters to show a different side from that of the Canon of Creation.

- The main character running in the sky in the PV/trailer is a new element of field exploration. Finding them will bring shortcuts, new demons, quests, and other fun.

- All demons will be equipped with some kind of characteristics, so that demons that were weak in the previous game may become stronger through new usages and combinations.

- Level compensation has been revised so that even low-level players can defeat strong enemies with a little ingenuity. (level balancing)

This would actually be good, because the level scaling was absolute shit in SMT5.

Silva

Arcane

This would actually be good, because the level scaling was absolute shit in SMT5.
Are you sure? Seems to me another instance of their recent difficulty "adjusting" trend that, creating player-side extra mechanics that trivialize the game. See P5 Royal and P3 Reload.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Looking forward to playing it again, I enjoyed it on Switch, but the framerate was a bit rough at time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom