Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Really excited. I like the bonus for same alignment heroes. Also digging the inherent skills for every demon.

Just wish the protagonist got a redesign.
Mods will fix it!

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
They pulled the release date forward! It's 14 July now. Elden Ring Expansion pack got them a little bit scared.

Also new page with new info is up!

Law's eating good
yaoIg2w.jpeg

Adolf is back
WIHOMeU.jpeg

jrnIs09.jpeg

N9LXhy9.jpeg

That shit is going to be GOTY. For sure!
Whoever reads this and sends me a message will get a free copy of this game!

Over fifty skills sounds like they will be rather mildly inventive

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Updated.

I'm doing well in my law run. Had some clutches, but mostly manageable. Died two times, because I was overconfident with my roster at certain points. In truth, I knew that I would probably have to upgrade, but gave the two said fights a shot anyway.

Jinn

Arcane
So as far as I can gather, there's absolutely no reason not to choose the new and improved playthrough over the vanilla if you're playing for the first time.

Sentinel

Arcane
Pretty cool trailer but a bit too spoilery maybe? Lots of cutscenes and crazy shit.

New protag design is somehow even gayer than the other one. How do they keep doing it?

Sentinel

Arcane
This Lilith design is sick as fuck though. Her and the Umbrella demon are easily Doi's best work.

Sentinel

Arcane
Who's this demon? Is it supposed to be Tsukuyomi? If so why did they pussy out on his starry void body?

image.png

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Who's this demon? Is it supposed to be Tsukuyomi? If so why did they pussy out on his starry void body?
That's Kinmamon.

Lots of interesting info in this new trailer. Seems like there's going to be an Amala Labyrinth style mega dungeon, new Hama type skills for the Nahobino and a redesign that looks quite a lot better than the original design.

Falksi

Arcane
So as far as I can gather, there's absolutely no reason not to choose the new and improved playthrough over the vanilla if you're playing for the first time.
Eh? it contains an entire new story.

4- Will the story be the same as the original, but with some additions?
No. At the very start of the game, you'll have to make a choice. From there, the game will diverge between the "Canon of Creation" (the previous story) and the "Canon of Vengeance" (the new one). They'll start mostly the same, with some changes here and there to better set up the new route, but will drastically change from the midway point on (most likely the Lahmu arc, considering what we've seen in the trailer), and will become its own story entirely. Vengeance will even have its own set of endings like Creation did, and the average playtime, considering both routes, will be 160 hours, 80 per route.

5- But what about the previous story? Nothing will change? Will it be simply the previous story carried over?
Regarding the story itself, most like there won't be any significant changes. Regarding gameplay, however, Creation will benefit from the same quality of life changes Vengeance is bringing to the table. One can hope some scenes in Creation will be more fleshed out, but it's just wishful thinking at this point.

6- You mentioned "quality of life" changes. Which ones?
Among them we'll have:

• Level cap will be increased to 150 after certain conditions are met.
  • Speed up (or skip completely) Skill Cutscenes.
  • Turn Miracles ON/OFF or certain parts of them.
  • Protagonist's status can be reallocated at will with a certain item.
  • Minimap can be rotated, and you'll also have more freedom with the camera while exploring Da'at.
  • Save anywhere, instead of Leyline Founts only.
  • Multi usage of consumable growth items like Gospels, Grimoires and Incenses.
  • Unique skills for ALL demons.
  • Some demons will have combo attacks. We've seen Scathach + Cu Chulainn, Hydra + Cerberus + Orthrus + Chimera and King Frost + Black Frost + Jack Frost.
  • Special area where you can interact with your demon party members.
7- Which changes Vengeance will bring in its new route?
For starters, there's the Qadištu: four demonesses who'll act as villains with Lilith leading them. Interestingly, Qadištu is an Akkadian term referring to sacred prostitution, and considering they're aligned with Lilith, it could imply they're mates of Samael, of which Lilith is one. There's also a new human character: Yoko Hiromine, who travels with the protagonist in this new route and is pivotal to its development. A new explorable area on Da'at will be accessible as well.

8- What about the DLC? Will there be DLC for this new title as well?
The previous Demi-Fiend, Artemis, Cleopatra and Mephisto DLC will be included in the base game. The Miitama DLC will, once again, be sold separately. No Japanese Voices DLC this time, I believe, due to the game supporting multiple languages from the starting gate (including Brazilian Portuguese, a first for the series). Vengeance will bring additional DLC in the form of two quests with Dagda (from SMTIV:A) and Konohana Sakuya (first debut as a proper demon, besides being Yukiko's Persona in P4).

9- How many demons we'll have?
The original had about 230 demons with all DLC (if you count both forms of Nuwa, Abdiel, Khonsu and Tao). Vengeance aims for 270 total, bringing over 40 demons to the fray. Noteworthy inclusions are: Dis, Halphas, Kinnamon, Pellaidh, Gogmagog, Cherub, Dormarth. Kudlak, Ifrit, Karasu Tengu, Tzitzimitl, Vouivre and a new Jack Frost exclusive: Nahobiho.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Seems like there's going to be an Amala Labyrinth style mega dungeon
More like The Womb of Grief from Redux because it mentions Shekinah's Glory ,
And Shekinah is the last boss of SJ Redux
, plus there's seems to be a mechanic about Nullyfing attack from one Element/Type , in the trailer you see how something is denying Physical attack from working, also from Redux

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Seems like there's going to be an Amala Labyrinth style mega dungeon
More like The Womb of Grief from Redux because it mentions Shekinah's Glory ,
And Shekinah is the last boss of SJ Redux
, plus there's seems to be a mechanic about Nullyfing attack from one Element/Type , in the trailer you see how something is denying Physical attack from working, also from Redux
Womb of Grief is the SJR equivalent of the Amala Lab.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Anonona
found the secret message on page 66!
So here is another one!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:/:bounce::bounce::bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom