Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Should Theo be made mod?

Should Theo be made mod????

• Total voters

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
It's pretty funny what is and isn't spam, huh, Roguey?

Gifs are fine, but say someone's name too many times in 30 minutes and it's banville.
Spamming the same gif over and over again can get you in trouble as Bruticis found out way back when.
"Spamming is the repeated posting of the same (or similar) message, be that in the same thread or many different threads."
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/chat/message/540167/view

Nice try.

It shouldn't have to be the same gif, it can merely be similar gifs. And yet, Jon Zee Pedo does it all the time with zero consequence, while you defend a shoutbox ban for saying someone's name too many times over 30 minutes.

edit: pedo gang is incredibly asshurt at this, as usual. Trannies and pedos, birds of a feather.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It shouldn't have to be the same gif, it can merely be similar gifs. And yet, Jon Zee Pedo does it all the time with zero consequence, while you defend a shoutbox ban for saying someone's name too many times over 30 minutes.
Jon's gifs don't bother me, Onto constantly yelling for a person who's not there and can't see his messages does, simple.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Jon's gifs don't bother me
What a shock.
Onto constantly yelling for a person who's not there and can't see his messages does, simple.
So, it comes down to whether or not you personally find what's being said annoying. Or whether you like the poster in question.

Never mind the rules, or the rest of the site that needs to put up with a page full of GIFs - which I would say is a lot more disruptive than any shoutbox message.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Jon's gifs don't bother me, Onto constantly yelling for a person who's not there and can't see his messages does, simple.
She was in and out during that 2 hour period, and she could absolutely see my messages. She even replied. You're full of shit.

I would argue though that spamming gifs in the forum part of the Codex is a lot more disruptive to the goings-on of this FORUM than words in the shoutbox, which is a side feature that usually has at the very most 5 active users at any time.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So, it comes down to whether or not you personally find what's being said annoying. Or whether you like the poster in question.

Never mind the rules, or the rest of the site that needs to put up with a page full of GIFs - which I would say is a lot more disruptive than any shoutbox message.
So you're finally catching on that rules are enforced at any given mod/admin's discretion? That part is also clearly outlined in the rules post.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
So you're finally catching on that rules are enforced at any given mod/admin's discretion? That part is also clearly outlined in the rules post.
Finally catching on? No, like with Theo being a narc, I knew all along. Just explaining it clearly for everyone to see, and with your own admission to back it up.

We all know that there's admin discretion, but you've confirmed that works out to favoritism with this response to my post. You're openly saying you don't intend to enforce rules fairly, but based on who you like and don't like.

Thanks for clarifying that for everyone. :M

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

Big difference between discretion or even a little bias, and a mod proudly declaring he doesn't actually give a shit, will do whatever he wants, and openly and hypocritically taking sides.

Also the push back is more about you being a little snarky lying bitch and less about you doing what you're suppose to do.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Finally catching on? No, like with Theo being a narc, I knew all along. Just explaining it clearly for everyone to see, and with your own admission to back it up.

We all know that there's admin discretion, but you've confirmed that works out to favoritism with this response to my post. You're openly saying you don't intend to enforce rules fairly, but based on who you like and don't like.

Thanks for clarifying that for everyone. :M
I neither make nor enforce any rules, just sharing my opinion. :cool:

Pound Meat

Prophet
>Should Theo be made mod

ERKgWk.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom