Not content with just banning the community for saying anything that goes against the current narrative, (which for a while was anything about the KS), now they're extending that forum ban into the game itself.Also added the following verbiage to the MODERATION ACTIONS verbiage:
"Please note that if a player is banned, they lose all claims to accounts, in game assets and access to any platform where Catnip Games or Shroud of the Avatar has an official presence."
Indeed, Batshit Games is increasing the perception management efforts to game ban those who have been forum banned but still might play.There are people still *playing* Shroud of the Avatar? Wonders never cease to be
Patch NotesThis page is for patch notes for the live server. Patch notes for the QA servercan be found here.
Release 116 — July 2023Build Number 1668 – August 2nd, 3:15 PM
- Monthly Fishing Contest 2023 Community Cloak created. SOTA-71578
- Explorer’s Shovel is now placeable as deco.
- Fried Frog Leg recipe has been set to not teachable.
- Necropolis: Corrected offset of teleport volume for the exit door to Midras Ruins. SOTA-71602
- Northmarsh: Rotated a rock to hide that it has no visible bottom. SOTA-71603
- Port Harmony Cistern: Fixed a typo in Annora Jenkins’ responses. SOTA-71583
- Port Harmony Cistern: A specific torch under water cannot be turned on. SOTA-71585
- Port Harmony Cistern: Blocked the edge of a cave tunnel that players could see behind. SOTA-71584
- Port Harmony Cistern: Removed teleporter volume that was blocking access to the Blessed Cavern. SOTA-71601
- Port Harmony Cistern: Adjusted a feedback light on one of the water threshold archways.
- Well of Aldur: Reduced collision on a column. Moved a crystal that was spawning close to that column. SOTA-68507
- POT Dark Caverns: Added new underground Village southwest of Estgard in Novia.
- Castle Stone Arena Basement: Fixed an alignment issue with several doors. SOTA-71594
Richard Garriott is one of the hall of famer, all time great names in video games. A pioneer. A legend. Unfortunately, he tarnished his legacy with a last run at changing the online world, and he finds himself in the court of public opinion. The verdict? You decide. For me, he remains a man that literally changed the game, but tried one too many times. Still a legend, no doubt. But with a terrible end to what would otherwise have been an incredible story.
Adams was more directly involved in the development of Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar and according to some accounts it was he who came up with the idea of the Eight Virtues.
When Garriott moved to New Hampshire, they met. Adams helped Garriott with Ultima III manual and then they developed the virtues system. I'm quite sure the original idea was by Adams. He was much more literate than Garriott and he did a similar Paradigm shift with Wizardry IV (his idea was to give the player the control of the bad-guy Werdna and fight the teams of heroes that were actually created by players of previous chapters of Wizardry). But something happened between Adams and Garriott. They parted ways and later Garriott stopped mentioning Adams when speaking about Ultima IV gameplay revolution.
It's a depressing story. But what I did discover that I hadn't known - his dad was an astronaut, so that makes perfect sense of his otherwise bizarre-seeming rl space excursion.
Well, yeah, been like that for some time. That's why Ultima 8 plays like Shitty Prince of Persia that the common insult was Super Avatar Bros. for how well it was pulled off.I was just watching an old Gordon Ramsay re-run, you know the type of thing where he comes across a restaurant or hotel where the owners or the chef or whatever have "lost their passion" for doing whatever it is they do.
Maybe he's one of those cases - he loved fantasy and videogames at one point, and was very good at making them, but he's lost the passion for it, so all that's left for him is to trade off his reputation and abscond with whatever money he can make off of it.