Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Which is totally not surprising considering it's an official CiV mod.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Hehe, you are fucking mad, Endless Legend is a total crap, Age of Wonder 3 or Legendary Heroes are much better ;) . Beyond Earth is truly good game, and as base Civ 5 it will become even better with sea of mods and expansions, so stfu and go crying about whole bad world to your excel no life crap ;) . Above all, crying and yelling about shit is what 80% of natural born codexian trolls are best at in life.
Calling Beyond Earth an Civ5 mod is like calling Legend of Grimrock 2 - mod for Eye of the Beholder . And yes im a fan of civilization so suck my dick asshole.:hug: Hard not to love this game if you are playing it from 4 disk version on A500.
It will be even more great if they will make next Civ title like old Master of Magic.
tumblr_mww0yj2lBm1qdunk8o1_500.gif

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well, generally Codexers is a bunch of jaded 30ers burned out on far too many games, keeping up their shaky sanity by clinging to the pixelated classics of their happier youth and instinctivelly shitting on everything released after 2001, collecting KKK in their mutual circlejerk.

That said, from what I've seen so far BE does look like a bland content-anemic product of our family friendly politically correct times, as fully expected ofc. That's why imma buy it after the first expansion at the earliest. In case of Firaxis games, the first expansion usually transforms a pile of shit into an enjoyable piece of entertainment (XCOM, Civ5) and this game is hardly gonna be an exception.

Mortmal

Arcane
Hehe, you are fucking mad, Endless Legend is a total crap, Age of Wonder 3 or Legendary Heroes are much better ;) . Beyond Earth is truly good game, and as base Civ 5 it will become even better with sea of mods and expansions, so stfu and go crying about whole bad world to your excel no life crap ;) . Above all, crying and yelling about shit is what 80% of natural born codexian trolls are best at in life.
Calling Beyond Earth an Civ5 mod is like calling Legend of Grimrock 2 - mod for Eye of the Beholder . And yes im a fan of civilization so suck my dick asshole.:hug: Hard not to love this game if you are playing it from 4 disk version on A500.
tumblr_mww0yj2lBm1qdunk8o1_500.gif

Too much profanity, too many smileys, but you played civ on A500 so you are maybe somewhat salvageable...

CIV beyond earth is highly recommended... if you love civ 5 . Else its the same mainstream game but in space this time, its addictive, worth trying but clearly overhyped, and not 60 euros worthy.Yes sadly politcally correct too, alpha centaury must be rolling over in his grave.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Im fan of gaming too, i spend fukin 30 years on gaming and i want more, crpgs and strategies mostly ;) And im not burned, and all bored people should play less and get a life more, raise a family or something. If you have right atmosphere and attitude and you are happy in real life, playing even fukin Wasteland 2 :dance: or dumb and simple game could be fun. But too many people lose that kid inside while they grow up. That's the problem, not the industry, designs or current times. Its more "Oh god i see everything in my gaming life i want to just die peacufully playing fallout 1 for 20000time , please not another game", most gamers want to be so tight ass and pro veterans that they actually forgot how to enjoy games.
Then playing is still fun, but not when you expect from games to be ideal or to save your fukin world of imagination. So smile more and be more optimistic motherfukers! Games are stll great! And not only classics! :russia:

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Well, generally Codexers is a bunch of jaded 30ers burned out on far too many games, keeping up their shaky sanity by clinging to the pixelated classics of their happier youth and instinctivelly shitting on everything released after 2001, collecting KKK in their mutual circlejerk.
Codex hasn't been anything like that for good couple of years now, so I'd say your avatar is rather fitting.

Also, I see that someone is working hard to get that dumbfuck tag before reaching 100 posts.

Didn't play Civ 5 at all, considering playing this if spacy content is any good. How is the explore new world, aliens and shit part of the game?

LizardWizard

Prophet
So it's exactly like Civ5 was on launch day then?

Launch Civ5 was a fucking abortion. Beyond Earth isn't nearly as shitty imo, still definitely an affront to Reynolds' AC, but seemingly playable unlike vanilla Civ 5.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Launch Civ5 was a fucking abortion. Beyond Earth isn't nearly as shitty imo, still definitely an affront to Reynolds' AC, but seemingly
playable unlike vanilla Civ 5.
Civ 5 was perfectly playable, it just lacked content and was boring. Same as people are saying about this.

The expansions didn't magically make everything better, it just brought back a lot of what vanilla civ 5 ripped out of the previous games. Such as large parts of the tech tree, religions, wonders and so on.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Demo is available now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom