Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter SKALD: Against the Black Priory - retro RPG inspired by Ultima - coming May 30th

Codex Year of the Donut
I remember he was super active in this thread a couple of years ago, rallying people for his kickstarter, and then boom, gone.
Why are they called paypigs if they're milked? Shouldn't it be paycows?

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Is there any word on how long the game will be?
Anders says in his discord that he always planned for the game to be something you can finish quickly in less than 10 hours.

skald-for-sure.png

If he keeps up with his current pace and can "for sure" get the next demo? game out this year (something he claimed every year since 2020), I can't imagine the game to be much longer than 4-5x the length of his last demo. I'm guessing maybe 5 hours, or a one-dayer RPG.

If it's been 5 years and the critical path is only 10 hours long, I am highly skeptical about the volume of optional content. Get ready for moved goalposts as to why 2023 still won't be the year for release.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there any word on how long the game will be?
Anders says in his discord that he always planned for the game to be something you can finish quickly in less than 10 hours.

skald-for-sure.png

If he keeps up with his current pace and can "for sure" get the next demo? game out this year (something he claimed every year since 2020), I can't imagine the game to be much longer than 4-5x the length of his last demo. I'm guessing maybe 5 hours, or a one-dayer RPG.
Oh no, I was expecting the opposite for some reason. That should teach me for having expectations.

Mortmal

Arcane
It's like 16000 euros on kickstarter right? How can they possibly live from that, so it means they have other jobs and its something done in their spare time. No surprise for delays and would be a miracle if they release something at all.

Mortmal

Arcane
It's like 16000 euros on kickstarter right? How can they possibly live from that, so it means they have other jobs and its something done in their spare time. No surprise for delays and would be a miracle if they release something at all.
https://www.skaldrpg.com/2021/12/meet-our-new-publishing-partner/
Then 4 years for this as cool as the demo is , for like 10 hours of content that's far too long. Ultimas were taking like 2 years of production.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
Ultimas were done by a team of people working full time. I suspect that is not the case here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom