Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

AoiI2.png

2QKVc.png

Bahamut

Arcane
DEEEEEEEEEEEERPGUARD

http://www.youtube.com/embed/3PjBSicSVqI

Looks like crossbows are in, also you can become that flying fugly vampire from game jam

Still instead i would wanted a good dlc with a good story instead of gimmicks, but yea its bethesda so we get EVILZ VAMPIRAH OVERLORDS WHO WANTZ TO CONQUER TZE WORLD

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Oh cool. I really wanted to see use of the Vampire skill tree from the Skyrim Game Jam, so it seems we shall finally get to see some of that.

Man, I am happy.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Werewolves/werebears (there's even weresharks, according to lore) > vampires
Oh yeah, that reminds me.

Glenmoril witches or werewolf cults formed an entire underground organization in Daggerfall, with secret members in each city and in each guild. They were undercover and very clever in hiding themselves.

In Skyrim, Glenmoril witches were just a different kind of hagraven who just kill everyone on sight.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Did you check the second half of the trailer where you don't become a vampire but become a vampire hunter instead?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Come on now, do you really keep tabs on who talks about what and when?

Hard to ignore when you fawn over how awesome and superior Daggerfall and Arena were at this or that in every goddamn GRPG thread.
While I know what hyperbole is, every GRPG thread is not true, only in the TES threads, which are meant for TES discussion.

You seem to be under the impression that other people's posting is to be up to your standards. Like in a country club. Good thing there is a country-club-style forum where everyone must conform to standards, and it's called Skaadi.Net.

DraQ

Arcane
DEEEEEEEEEEEERPGUARD

http://www.youtube.com/embed/3PjBSicSVqI

Looks like crossbows are in, also you can become that flying fugly vampire from game jam

Still instead i would wanted a good dlc with a good story instead of gimmicks, but yea its bethesda so we get EVILZ VAMPIRAH OVERLORDS WHO WANTZ TO CONQUER TZE WORLD
Actually I see a lot of promise - beth introducing flight may mean them experimenting on how to add levitation back in without breaking the game too much since balance considerations are similar.

Bahamut

Arcane
Actually I see a lot of promise - beth introducing flight may mean them experimenting on how to add levitation back in without breaking the game too much since balance considerations are similar.

What flight? Its probably just some minor hoovering on the ground baked in animation

Xzar

Augur
Cant decide the side for my pro-thalmor altmer mage. Not the goodie church for sure, but these vampires look boring. Wheres damn whores? Wont support them either, unless they operate a brothel like in TW1.

DraQ

Arcane

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Aren't Bethesda overdoing it?

After Dawnguard, our characters will be:

Shapeshifting Vampire Lord under service of Molog Bal
Nightingale of Nocturnal
Archmage of Mages Guild
Listener of the Dark Brotherhood
Harbinger of the Companions
Distinguished Fellow of the Bard's College
Husband of Distinguished Warrior Mjoll the Lioness
Leader of the Thieves Guild
Thane of all Holds of Skyrim

AND Son of Akatosh, the first Dovahkiin since Uriel Septim VII and Martin Septim?

I believe it is time to just skip to the part where we play the reincarnation of Tiber Septim in Skyrim. Or maybe the part where we transform or ascend into Lokhran himself, in the form of the third coming of the Numidium.

Captain Shrek

All of these in Skyrim. There are probably more powerful people elsewhere. Who knows. The Nerevarine may yet show his face?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Or maybe make the Nerevarine a summonable companion, just like Lucien LeChance.

DraQ

Arcane
Whether bethesda has no guts to do it or it violates their sequel making paradigm I can bet we will never see the Nerevarine, CoC(k), agent of the Emperor, the champion, Dovahkiin OR any detailed mentions of them in any further instalment of the series for whatever reasons will be given as the pretext.

Sul

Savant
Aren't Bethesda overdoing it?

After Dawnguard, our characters will be:

Shapeshifting Vampire Lord under service of Molog Bal
Nightingale of Nocturnal
Archmage of Mages Guild
Listener of the Dark Brotherhood
Harbinger of the Companions
Distinguished Fellow of the Bard's College
Husband of Distinguished Warrior Mjoll the Lioness
Leader of the Thieves Guild
Thane of all Holds of Skyrim

AND Son of Akatosh, the first Dovahkiin since Uriel Septim VII and Martin Septim?

I believe it is time to just skip to the part where we play the reincarnation of Tiber Septim in Skyrim. Or maybe the part where we transform or ascend into Lokhran himself, in the form of the third coming of the Numidium.
Being emperor doesn't mean you're Dragonborn.
The player character is from the start the aspect of Lorkhan, this's also the motive you don't see him when you go to Sovngarde.
And Numidium was blow out to Aetherius, except if someone go there to pluck it out we'll never see it again. You can also build a new one but then you would need a Stone to power up the Tower and the only ones with the skills were Sotha Sil and Dagoth Ur.

Luzur

Good Sir
personally i think being able to aquire all those titles is derp, one should be enough for a character, start a new one if you want to try out another title.

but i guess those achievements needs to be gained, after all.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
personally i think being able to aquire all those titles is derp, one should be enough for a character, start a new one if you want to try out another title.

but i guess those achievements needs to be gained, after all.

Several quests are locked off unless you join and in some cases finish more than one guild/faction, including the main story.
Yes, I think I should elaborate further on what Ed just said.

Do you guys know of the Gauldur brother quests? It was the quest involving the three Draugr nobles who started ruthless slaughter of several villages just for fun and were punished for it by their father with undeath. I killed two of the brothers and took their amulets. But I never found the third amulet.

It was then I realized that the third amulet required me to join the College of Winterhold, NO MATTER WHAT. And as a fighter character, I had no interest in the mages guild. Still, the game expected that everyone will join the College, and blocked a quest to those who did not belong to the College.

Therefore, Bethesda EXPECTED the player to join ALL the guilds, because otherwise, many non-guild sidequests were blocked unless you were a guild member. Moreover, I believe you could not do Hermaeus Mora's Oghma Infinum quest without the College of Winterhold.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Main Quest = Forces you to do the first Thieves' Guild quest unless you have some stupidly high persuasion score.

You can just talk to the bartender instead. But I'm pretty sure you have to join the College for the main quest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom