Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Those aren't even obscure quests, but quests that you are bound to get. Gauldur Amulet quest is one you'll be bound to get if you ever ask to find some Words of Power. Barenziah's stones are everywhere. Travelling across the landscape is bound to get you ambushed by a Dragon Priest wearing a Dragon Priest mask eventually.

It sucks. Why can't I just enter Saarthal without the College of Winterhold? Special lock keys are total BS and bad design.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Main Quest = Forces you to do the first Thieves' Guild quest unless you have some stupidly high persuasion score.

You can just talk to the bartender instead. But I'm pretty sure you have to join the College for the main quest.

Indeed you do. And you also have to endure those 10 minutes long "tour" to the college before you can get down to business.

Stabwound

Arcane
Is there a decent/working alternate levelling mod for this shit yet? Or should I just go back to Morrowind?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Meeting Nerevarine in a future game would be possible, it's the only hero that's theoretically immortal.

Also don't forget that technically Dragonborn did meet CoC, since CoC = Sheogorath.
Were there any individual traits of CoC left in Sheogorath?

No. He was basically the normal Sheogorath we've seen in the past games.

DraQ

Arcane

piydek

Cipher
Haven't read much in this thread, but I'm playing Skyrim for quite some time now and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprized. It's much much better than Oblivion (which was a complete turd) in many aspects. Comparing unmodded games, of course. Not sure yet, but i think Skyrim is even way better than Morrowind in quest department.

For now, from what i can tell, things where Skyrim kicks the shit out of Oblivion:

- scaling is much better (not good, just way better than in Oblivion)
- writing is much better
- world design is infinitely superior (a very very important point in a game of this type)
- quests are not nearly as insulting as in Oblivion
- voice acting is infinitely superior
- no retarded persuasion minigame as in O

Captain Shrek

Playing skyrim for the following reasons or even thinking that playing it would be rewarding for the following reasons:

1) Combat
2) Story
3) Characters
4) RPG mechanics (ahahahaha)
5) Quest design

is plain retarded.

There was hope for combat BEFORE it was released. But in 3 minutes after the railroaded beginning you knew it was hopeless.

So stop being retarded .Accept it for what it is: Glorified hiking simulator that sometimes has good hack and slash experience.

piydek

Cipher
Playing skyrim for the following reasons or even thinking that playing it would be rewarding for the following reasons:

1) Combat
2) Story
3) Characters
5) Quest design

is plain retarded.

There was hope for combat BEFORE it was released. But in 3 minutes after the railroaded beginning you knew it was hopeless.

So stop being retarded .Accept it for what it is: Glorified hiking simulator that sometimes has good hack and slash experience.

You truly are a dumbfuck, aren't you? There's a difference in playing the game for some elements like story/characters/quest design etc. and these elements not being retarded enough to absolutely ruin stuff like world exploration (as was the case with Oblivion which was absolutely unplayable).

I also didn't see anyone mentioning Skyrim being good for it's "rpg mechanics" or anything rpg-related. Everyone's agreed it's not an rpg even before its release. But I'll wait to play more of it to comment these things further, because it seems to me right now there's lots to say about these things.

Captain Shrek

1) Combat
2) Story
3) Characters
5) Quest design

is plain retarded.

You truly are a dumbfuck, aren't you? There's a difference in playing the game for some elements like story/characters/quest design etc. and these elements not being retarded enough to absolutely ruin stuff like world exploration (as was the case with Oblivion which was absolutely unplayable).

I also didn't see anyone mentioning Skyrim being good for it's "rpg mechanics" or anything rpg-related. Everyone's agreed it's not an rpg even before its release. But I'll wait to play more of it to comment these things further, because it seems to me right now there's lots to say about these things.

:butthurt:

Captain Shrek

Anything with implicated thought to say?
I already did. I actually think that the only reason why Skyrim is a SLIGHT incline is because of the praise New Vegas got for some of the things they utterly failed at in Oblivion.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Sadly for Skyrim a harsh hibernal landscape is not the most conducive environment for the adult modders

I'm sure Ed123 will agree that the high fantasy experience of Oblivion still trumps Skyrim in conveying an atmosphere of being able to romance anything in a variety of fuck-friendly environments

joeydohn

Savant
What is going on in this screenshot from the Codex's gallery?

b69n7.jpg

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
i faintly remember it having to do with the announcement that dual wielding will be in the game.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Man, I am so looking forward to Dawnguard!

Recruiting your own troll bodyguard! Giving him powerful troll armour, so that he can defend you with near immunity to all damage.

And then making permanent thralls out of certain enemies, thus allowing your most dangerous enemy to fight on your side as your slave.

Dragonbone crossbows!

aris

Arcane
A powerful troll armor, now that's an interesting concept. I imagine that it consists of only two speakers that are attached to your nipples, that spews infuriating insults and trickery at the enemy while you are otherwise completely naked. The amor would, on encountering an enemy, have a 50% chance to make the foe fly into a nerd rage, crippling all his abilities by 80%, and only be able to do non-sensical stuff for the duration of the effect.

aris

Arcane
Ok, trannies and gentlemen, I need your help.

Specifically I need a mod for Skyrimjob that disables either undiscovered location indicators or any location indicators on compass.
Put a piece of tape over the part of the screen, where the compass is. If you still need to know which direction you're facing, rotate your computer with a compass attached to it while you turn :troll:

DraQ

Arcane
Thanks and thanks - the latter would undoubtedly prove hand too as Skyrim's "journal" is a fucking disgrace - I want the one from Morrowind (with expansions) back.

Put a piece of tape over the part of the screen, where the compass is. If you still need to know which direction you're facing, rotate your computer with a compass attached to it while you turn :troll:

:hmmm:
Go back to Derpblo 3.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Main Quest = Forces you to do the first Thieves' Guild quest unless you have some stupidly high persuasion score.

You can just talk to the bartender instead. But I'm pretty sure you have to join the College for the main quest.

Indeed you do. And you also have to endure those 10 minutes long "tour" to the college before you can get down to business.

not true. tell the bitch to stfu and go straight towards the the old man who'll point u to another place. etc

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom