Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Durr. I was just replaying Skyrim and did that Ghost-in-the-Inn quest in the Reach. Kicked myself for not realizing its relationship to The Arcturian Heresy the first time around :retarded:
Wait, what is this quest of which you speak? I thought my 40 hours in the game would have at least shown me all the city quests.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
You have to loot/steal from Fyr if you want to have a full set of Daedric armour, since he owns the only Daedric cuirass and pauldrons in the game.
If you've got the expansions then you can get the full set. I think the remaining pieces are all in Tribunal.

DraQ

Arcane
By the way, a question I intended to ask long ago.

Have you guys ever killed that one Telvanni Wizard in Daedric Armour as low level characters, just to get his special juicy armour?
Fyr? Why!? Aryon, Baladas and Fyr are the biggest bros in the whole game. Finding the armor by yourself is also far more fun than simply killing the guy that saved you from turning into a fucking zombie.
I guess I am just a soulless player who sometimes sees people in a fictional world on a computer as exactly that.

For some, he is a kind generous man who allows Nerevarine to get the benefits of corpus disease without its ghastly effects. For others, he is just a standing source of loot, waiting to be scrapped salvaged.

:reverse monocle: ?? Or maybe :anti monocle:
Morrowind is a powergamer's nightmare. Due to numerous loopholes and broken mechanics it offers no resistance to any attempts to fuck it up if you want to.

Since there is no point powergaming Morrowind (like you can powergame, say, Wizardry 8), because it just says "Ok." and bends over, the only valid playstyle (other than opening CS and making it your private larpbox) is generally accepting whatever goes in the game as true as it simply doesn't offer any gamist jollies to be had (maybe apart from gaming the magic system, but you don't need daedric for that).

And in the gameworld context killing Fyr is unbro.

...not to mention that true hacker/powergamer would derive much more satisfaction from stripping Fyr of his armour while keeping him alive. :smug:

You have to loot/steal from Fyr if you want to have a full set of Daedric armour, since he owns the only Daedric cuirass and pauldrons in the game.
If you've got the expansions then you can get the full set. I think the remaining pieces are all in Tribunal.
One of the pauldrons is on Solstheim (Bloodmoon).

Wyrmlord

Arcane
So I was trying to get back into Skyrim-playing mode but got seriously annoyed with the mouse acceleration (player character lags a second in shifting his view after you move your mouse to see in another direction). So I went to the ini files and disabled it.

Little did I expect that it made fast travel impossible.

So this mouse-response interval that makes the player turn around slower than normal is also the one that is responsible for left-clicking parts of the overland map? Strange...

PS: Or was it the new patch?

The first thing I did before starting the game was remove mouse acceleration. Either you made the wrong modification or something else interfered.

Suchy

Arcane
AoiI2.png

poptarts

Novice
On the possibility of a DLC based in Morrowind or Solstheim, I think that it's probably pretty unlikely. While the terrain is all technically there, if you go over the southern border, the same can be said for Cyrodiil (even White-Gold tower is there). All that terrain was probably rendered for the sake of giving people something to look at when peering over the mountains rather than to actually give them the ability to go there later. On top of that, I wouldn't really call it plausible for Bethesda to make such a lore-focused DLC as anything based around the Snow King.

Those we can thank the Full voiced dialogues for. Also welcome to Slaughterhouse-Five RPG Codex poptarts, nice first post although Skyrim is only decent 6/10 game at best. And it has no replayability thanks to we won't lock no portion of game for different builds aproach from Beth.

Thanks for the welcome, though I've actually been reading the 'Codex since 2005 and joined originally in 2006 as Kreidebein. It'd just been so long since I'd logged in that I brainfarted on the password.

poptarts

Novice
Yeah, I tried that, but I forgot which email address I'd registered with. And I probably don't even remember the password for that. So w/e, new account.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Yeah, I tried that, but I forgot which email address I'd registered with. And I probably don't even remember the password for that. So w/e, new account.

Did you read the thread I posted? DU left instructions on how to get your account back.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
On the possibility of a DLC based in Morrowind or Solstheim, I think that it's probably pretty unlikely. While the terrain is all technically there, if you go over the southern border, the same can be said for Cyrodiil (even White-Gold tower is there). All that terrain was probably rendered for the sake of giving people something to look at when peering over the mountains rather than to actually give them the ability to go there later. On top of that, I wouldn't really call it plausible for Bethesda to make such a lore-focused DLC as anything based around the Snow King.

Those we can thank the Full voiced dialogues for. Also welcome to Slaughterhouse-Five RPG Codex poptarts, nice first post although Skyrim is only decent 6/10 game at best. And it has no replayability thanks to we won't lock no portion of game for different builds aproach from Beth.

Thanks for the welcome, though I've actually been reading the 'Codex since 2005 and joined originally in 2006 as Kreidebein. It'd just been so long since I'd logged in that I brainfarted on the password.
Hmmm...well, it does make it a mystery why those dialogue lines were found in the patch files.

A plausible answer is that it was content meant for main Skyrim itself, but it was cut from development.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member

Did you read the thread I posted? DU left instructions on how to get your account back.
Just FYI, I am taking extra precautions when it comes to high profile accounts.

Gord

Arcane
New beta update available.

Most notably two things:

Mounted Combat - Skyrim now allows you to do melee and ranged combat while riding a horse
General AI pathfinding optimizations and bug fixes

The latter seems to be a fix for a navmesh bug that should be welcomed especially by modders (and the people using affected mods).

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
quick question dudes

so how did that whole radiant quest thing and "if you burn the farmer's crops the price of food will go up" and "if a questgiver dies his family member will give you that quest" glorious bethesda PR promises turn out

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
if the primary dies, they are automatically replaced by their assistant

why the focus on mercantile matters? where's the radiant AI for npcs remarrying? if the sims and the guild have this technology surely a complex game like skyrim can manage it

like if you kill all the females in town some dudes will marry, that sort of emergent c&c is what makes a world come alive for players

Stabwound

Arcane
is this game fun yet?

In other words, is there any experience/levelling system overhauls like there were for previous games?

I don't really love the game, but overhauling it to a have a experience-based system, with exp rewards for quests would help somewhat.

Although that's like 1/4th of the problem that's wrong with it and probably the easiest and only one that might get fixed.

quick question dudes

so how did that whole radiant quest thing and "if you burn the farmer's crops the price of food will go up"

This is something I also want to know now that you remind me. I remember all this talk about it before release and would've bet money that it would turn out as a single quest where you have a script attached to a single row of corn or something and you take the nearby item called "hot burning torch capable of lighting fires if you walk near a crop that crop over there and click "yes" when the popup comes up" and do the "quest" and then you end up with a merchant whose prices rise 5gp so as not to alienate the Bethesda players by making them unable to afford equipment

Does anyone have info on this particular instance in the game? I'd be curious to hear how it turned out.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
this particular instance in the game

heh
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111114070829AA1HSgS

also found another reminder here
http://basiliskgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4627
Also your actions will affect the economy of that city (say if you burned down the lumber mill of a city that city would have less money because they wouldn't have lumber to sell which in turn will lead to more crime in that city and less items in the shops.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom