Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

slowpoke checking in: New Vegas

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
:hmmm:

I don't think you know what monochrome means.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
Perhaps he's being very literal. Of all the chrome that still exists in the post-war world, there's only a single one remaining, and that'd be a shame.

How will they accessorize their sweet trucks broken stoves?

baturinsky

Arcane
It looks like saturation dialed way down. Even neons looks bland, and most of game is NOT neons.

Krivol

Magister
F:NV is worthy sequel to F2, but something does not let me like it as much. Maybe shitty monochrome graphics?
I think colour palette of F:NV was pretty similar to desert maps of F2. And it's only a graphics, so meh. I love F:NV but I rather think that field of view was broken - I had a headache when playing this game (and FOV 85 commend was not helping).

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
F:NV is worthy sequel to F2, but something does not let me like it as much. Maybe shitty monochrome graphics?

Probably because it's good in spite of things due to Obsidian basically having to work with Bethesda's sloppy seconds and they couldn't wash away the aftertaste entirely.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Rule #1 in playing New Vegas: Install Nevada Skies, Enhanced Shaders, and change the FOV to 90 first.

Also, rather than flaming each other on the issue of whether New Vegas is good/good for what it is/raping fallout or not, how about we take a look at some dumbfucks like these:https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&q=New+Vegas+is+too+linear&oq=New+Vegas+is+too+linear&gs_l=hp.3..0i22i30l2.2912.5360.0.5507.23.20.0.3.3.0.125.1394.17j3.20.0...0.0.0..1c.1.17.hp.ao6xuAX2SVs
"New Vegas certainly provides the illusion of freedom pretty well. You're close to smack dab in the middle of the Mohave when you start out and you can see the endless expanses in each directions. The townsfolk may point you down south towards Primm to follow the man who shot you in the head... but that's the main questline...! Screw that! I'm gonna go north!
Ohnoz! Deathclaws! I'm dead."

"There should be more opportunity for a unique experience."

"After playing New Vegas for many hours, I thought about playing it's predecessor too. I am aware, that FO3 is supposed to be superior, but the graphics are my main concern. How are FO3 graphics compared to New Vegas?

On the other hand, my favourite factions(BoS and Enclave) play a MUCH more important role, than in New Vegas, where they are both barely existant.

The music is also better in FO3."

Dustin542

Liturgist
Rule #1 in playing New Vegas: Install Nevada Skies, Enhanced Shaders, and change the FOV to 90 first.

Also, rather than flaming each other on the issue of whether New Vegas is good/good for what it is/raping fallout or not, how about we take a look at some dumbfucks like these:https://www.google.com/search?site=...394.17j3.20.0...0.0.0..1c.1.17.hp.ao6xuAX2SVs

"New Vegas certainly provides the illusion of freedom pretty well. You're close to smack dab in the middle of the Mohave when you start out and you can see the endless expanses in each directions. The townsfolk may point you down south towards Primm to follow the man who shot you in the head... but that's the main questline...! Screw that! I'm gonna go north!
Ohnoz! Deathclaws! I'm dead."

"There should be more opportunity for a unique experience."

"After playing New Vegas for many hours, I thought about playing it's predecessor too. I am aware, that FO3 is supposed to be superior, but the graphics are my main concern. How are FO3 graphics compared to New Vegas?

On the other hand, my favourite factions(BoS and Enclave) play a MUCH more important role, than in New Vegas, where they are both barely existant.

The music is also better in FO3."
That forum is a copy of the bethsoft forums and given random usernames.

Severian Silk

Just started playing NV and... I feel little motivation to continue. Don't know why, except the game is kind of ugly, and the exploration isn't really grabbing me (though I liked the Gothic series).

Meh. I will go back to playing JA2 1.13 again.

Just heard about Project Brazil now.

Wow. I actually only have F:NV on PS3 (Since I didn't have a decent PC when it came out) but I might get it on PC too just for this.

flushfire

Augur
It looks a little sepia tone, but that was intentional.
one of things i hate about the game. don't really mind em using full screen tints, but shit couldn't they have made them at least a little more subtle. i mean cmon, areas like forlorn hope and searchlight could've used a little more toning down on the tint. and cateye is almost unusable because of it. couldn't find a way to get rid of just the tints either, mods affect other things.

Dustin542

Liturgist
one of things i hate about the game. don't really mind em using full screen tints, but shit couldn't they have made them at least a little more subtle. i mean cmon, areas like forlorn hope and searchlight could've used a little more toning down on the tint. and cateye is almost unusable because of it. couldn't find a way to get rid of just the tints either, mods affect other things.
Doesn't Fellout take the tint away?

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

I thought that glaring, bleached yellow tint around forlorn hope gave the perfect impression of the strength sapping power oif the desert imo.

I can understand why people didn't like it, but If you've ever had sunstroke, that tint brings back memories.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Just started playing NV and... I feel little motivation to continue. Don't know why, except the game is kind of ugly, and the exploration isn't really grabbing me (though I liked the Gothic series).

:decline:

You're depriving yourself of one the best RPGs of the last decade. A glimmer of hope in a vast sea of irredeemable shit.

Borelli

Arcane
Going around dungeon crawling and shooting people in VATS in New Vegas is ... exactly the same as F3. Since I squeezed all the possible fun from that in F3 i must admit that for me too the beginning of New Vegas was kinds underwhelming. It is only after i continued playing that i immersed myself in it and realized just how superior it is to F3. it is the best sequel that Fallout could get in this climate.

flushfire

Augur
Doesn't Fellout take the tint away?
It does other things besides just removing the tints, I'm a bit of a minimalist when it comes to mods.
I can understand why people didn't like it, but If you've ever had sunstroke, that tint brings back memories.
I live in a country where noons at 35º C are common & ROTC under the sun is mandatory. Faints aren't uncommon during training. I've never had sunstroke TBH, but neither have I noticed even the tiniestest tint of orange when getting dizzy due to dehydration and pushups under the sun. I guess you'd have really have to be in a desert to experience orange vision tainting. I've experienced that blue tint from cateye though, from trying out some sex pills :lol:

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
It wasn't just the tint, everyone looked bleached and sapped of life with that effect imo. I thought it conveyed how the soldiers would feel around forlorn hope.

Gozma

Arcane

I was not feeling NV at all for a couple of hours after starting. I think I turned the walkspeed up like 300% so I could get the Morrowind boots of blinding speed funboost and the game started coming together instead of being a very slow box touching simulator. Just don't abuse it to kite or sprint through "danger areas" like passes full of deathclaws or cazadores that you are obviously supposed to sneak through.

Ninjerk

Arcane

Meh. I will go back to playing JA2 1.13 again.

I rushed to the ending and supported House the whole way. I found myself quickly getting annoyed with invisible walls and I felt like I was always having control taken away from me (which I think is more due to the engine than anything else).

* When Ulysses was still a companion in the game, he was indeed meant to be recruitable at the location that became Wolfhorn Ranch, as some people have guessed from the fact that the location was called "Ulysess' camp" in some localized versions of the game. This version of Ulysses would actually not be open about his allegiance with the Legion, but rather try to gently steer the character to more pro-Legion views while offering commentary of the various locations and events of the game. Ulysses would only openly admit his pro-Legion beliefs when dealing with a Legion-affiliated PC.

This would have been a really interesting companion. An in-game advertising plant.

Krivol

Magister
* When Ulysses was still a companion in the game, he was indeed meant to be recruitable at the location that became Wolfhorn Ranch, as some people have guessed from the fact that the location was called "Ulysess' camp" in some localized versions of the game. This version of Ulysses would actually not be open about his allegiance with the Legion, but rather try to gently steer the character to more pro-Legion views while offering commentary of the various locations and events of the game. Ulysses would only openly admit his pro-Legion beliefs when dealing with a Legion-affiliated PC.

This would have been a really interesting companion. An in-game advertising plant.

And I miss any pro-Caesar companion in FNV. There are few neutral ones and no enthusiastic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom