Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Been rocking a bit of Dominon. Early headstart really gives space for some quirky builds, ive been owning with AP Malph and Surge Blitz. 500 AP on Malph is funny shit.
16-8 on Dominion now, not bad with troll builds.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I've started playing Co-Op vs. AI games on Dominion both for that quick first win of the day fix and also to practice my Ryze skills. Amazing how bad most of the players are in that mode, even considering that most guys don't take it seriously. There have been a few times when I actually feared we should lose to the freaking bots.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
If you get your first win 0 the day in co-op vs AI, the bonus is smaller than if you get it in a normal game. Unless they changed it since I stopped bothering with trying out shit in co-op games and went directly into normal/ranked with untried champs and builds.

I got over using Lulu for Attack Speed and now play her as a normal support. A shame since her unique passive is fun to abuse, but I don't like losing, because my role is already taken.

With that in mind I always get a philosopher's stone, heart of gold, and kage's lucky pick with mercury's treads. However the last two are sort of a toss-up. I think best is a Aegis of the Legion (for making everyone slightly tankier) and a Will of the Ancients (for aura spell-vamp and AP boost). Does anyone have better suggestions?

I know that as someone who specializes in support I should probably know this, but I can't stand having such a rigid role and I'm use to my supports being built somewhat for other things usually tanking (which some supports are already built to do like Taric and Karma) or as I began Lulu with AD carrying.
Defintely stop the gold items on the heart of gold. Or maybe even before it. Go for the aegis. WotA is a crappy option, if somebody in your team benefits from the spell vamp he'll certainly get the item himself. Eventually turn the philo stone into Shurelia's.

Thank you. Although without they Kage's Pick and Will of the Ancients I now have two spots open. What to take?

I'd think a Rod of the Ancients since the mana and ability power compensates for the lack of a deathfire grasp (which I often don't activate in a teamfight due to staying at a distance) and the additional health will let me live just long enough to use another round of my abilities (I most often die in a teamfight a few seconds after using all my abilities and a few before they refresh). After browsing the wiki I'm thinking a Locket of the Iron Solari or Zeke's Herald would be an excellent choice.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Normal support items are usually good on lulu. Especially if you can get some CDR squeezed in, since that'll let you keep pix on your carry more and turn more poeple into cupcakes. Consider (if you haven't already) Aegis (really nice aura), Shurelias Reverie (ok aura, awesome active), Soul shroud (so-so, but good if you have mana issues), Locket of the iron solari (the active saves lives) or zekes herald (if you have lot of autoattack teammates).

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Yeah, what Ulminati said. But the games rarely last long enough for the support to get a complete build, the Shurelia's is probably as far as you'll get most of the time.

Also that twitch video was fun to watch, but dat malzahar...actually dat whole team.Twitch leaves Swain at 50% hp and with a CD on flash, he returns to normal farming schedule as soon as twitch goes invisible. :lol:

I've never used a Locket of the Iron Solari or a Zeke's Herald and I just built both in one game. They both together with a good timing on the Solari's active turned a 5v5 into an ace with all members of my team still alive with an average of 20% health. Without that shield most of us would have either fled or died.

I'm really happy.

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

P.S.

Okay so I always play with WholesaleGerbils and metaSHODAN. Who are they on here? I'm TheVault13Dweller in LoL.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Adventures in turning my jungle into a Twitch-based shooter (groan) continue. He seems to mesh really well with me since I tend to do a lot of ganking and counterjungling. Apparently it's always Twitches fault if a team loses though, even when he's 9/3/8, gave all lanes an early kill and denied enemy jungle every redbuff. I was informed of this by a 3/14/2 urgot.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Indeed. Granted, I still need some practice before I can claim any kind of proficiency with twith. He certainly requres a lot of thought when positioning, since popping out of stealth too soon or in the wrong place will see you deader than elvis. Also, since I usually start red, a lot of mids seem to take it as a given that the blue I do at 4:00 belongs to them which - in turn - means I have to remain unstealthed most of the time as my stealth+debil+expunge combo takes about half my mana bar.

Still, I have about a 50% win rate with the rat and a 4:1 KDA. So far I've only had one game where I didn't have an IE, boots and 2x dorans by the 25min mark. (I had boots, 2x dorans, brutalizer and pickaxe though). I just need to get good at using his ult+expunge to steal pentas every teamfight.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
What runes/masteries do you run on your Twitch? I'm thinking about starting jungling the rat too. I can clear the jungle without problems in customs with no pull with standard jungle runes (AS red, armor yellows, etc.) and 21/9/0 masteries. Can't start with Doran's blade without a pull though.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
My current setup is 26/4/0, Aspie reds, lifesteal quints, flat arm0r yellows and alternating between aspie and flat arm0r bluez. I start stealth, get a pull on enemy red if it scouts out fine. Stealth at 1:44 for maximum aspie bonus when I destealth and a faster kill. I smite immediately so my executioner bonus (21pt offensive talent) kicks in faster. With a single love tap on red from my mid/sidelane I can usually finish it with a loss of ~100hp.

I get expunge at level 2, either expunge or stealth at lv3 (20 sec stealth is sooooo much nicer than 10 sec), debil at lv4, then R>E>Q>W. Double dorans, boots 1. is my usual start. Or single dorans+wriggle if enemies are really defensive. for boots I go mobil most of the time but sometimes 'zerkers instead if laning ends early. My first big item is usually IE at ~18-19 mins. Sometimes I'll get a br00talizer/youmuu first. Depends on how I feel. for attack speed I'll usually go either wits (esp. if they're running double AP) or phantom dancer. definately PD if I went 'zerkers 'cause I need dat movespeed. Once I got my IE + attack speed down, I'll look into getting beefy. Big Hammr is typically my go-to item here. Occasionally GA or Banshee depending on the enemy assassins.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's a cypher. I.e. someone makes a beat, raps over it, challenges someone. The challenged dude then makes a rap on the same beat answering the challenge and challenges someone else.

Emily

Arcane
i went to around 1800 elo, and then i understand that if u want to go higher, u have to play it night and day, and really comit yourself..
and then i put two and two together and realised i dont want to waste that much time and will power on a game. Especialy since the new champs just keep on coming
And serously u just have to know at least 90 percent champs to get higher then 1800, and read patch notes etc etc
just felt that it was pointless unless i could get payed, which i cant since in my country we have no tournaments of lol that have notable money reward.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
The recent craze for mofo supports has got me wondering.

Support Orianna, y/n? Max shield and keep the ball on the carry 24/7 for a constant +30 armour/mres. Additional damage mitigation through shield, speed (de)buff with dissonance (+ damage, maxed second), AoE fling on ult, cool harass with passive. Could go for some more AP-ish items instead of typical support ones for increased damage.

Thoughts?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I've seen some support Orianna's and while they weren't terrible, they were subpar to the rest, they need damage to do well imo.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Step 1: Pick twitch. Step 2: gank top 3 times, feeding your renek 4 kills (top lane x2 + mid lane + enemy jungler). Step 3: Gank bot for double kill.

GG, Twitch wins after 7 minutes. Sit back and farm until 20min surrender.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Must be sad being this guy:

YF8SS.jpg

Nobody remembers you exist.

"I'll keep an eye on Twitch for you bro. Just give me a chance. :("

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom