Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It could also use a way of letting you control a disconnected hero, and a way of pausing the game.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
DamnedRegistrations said:
It could also use a way of letting you control a disconnected hero, and a way of pausing the game.

Well, pausing at least is implemented for tournament matches. but I could easily see it being abused in a regular game

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Dat Grunker.

Graves is still considered a top AD carry pick (almost always banned/picked at tournaments, frequently banned/picked in solo queue), alongside Vayne, Cait and Corki.

Twitch has actually made a comeback at high, high elo. If you paid attention to the pros, doublelift has quite a few 2K+ elo wins as twitch - he's considered a decent jungle pick in the same vein as shaco.

This reminds me of a couple months back when Grunker was convinced that mordekaiser sucked, when he was incredibly overpowered in the laning phase, and his ult destroyed solo queue to the point that he was banned in 2k+ elo.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/12/19/le ... commentary

Yeah, it's from IGN, my bad.

So, what's a decent role for Galio? Trying him out now that he's free and not quite sure what to make of him. Played a game where I was forced to go mid with him since nobody else wanted to against Ryze and did decent thanks to ganks from my teammates. Last hitting was a chore though. Never got far into the build since the enemy surrendered around 20, but I was going for RoA, Abyssal Scepter, Guardian Angel and either Banshee's Veil or FoN. A blasty tank basically. Seems like his passive is pretty damn strong and he has an ult that could really win a team fight if done at the right time (W first, then R after enemy used most of their stuns/interrupts). Still, not sure what his role should be in the laning phase. There are better AD babysitters out there, a decent AP champ with range should make life hell for him mid and a bruiser top would be bad news too, I think. A very situational pick?

Lupus

Liturgist
Get Chalice of Harmony, spam a lot to harass/last hit and build tanky with some AP. With right masteries and runes he can lane against pretty much everyone so bruisers shouldn't pose much of a threat.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
What's the reasoning behind getting a chalice as opposed to a tear or a catalyst? Both of those would help with the mana issue and both build into something useful later while a chalice is a dead end item.

Are arpen/mpen quints and fortitude quints used?

I am asking because the christmas sale has them 25% off, so if I would ever want to buy these quints now would really be the time.

Mystary!

Arcane
Yes they are used on most carries. Penetration gives more damage throughout the game.

Galio is best solo top, a chalice is very cheap and would give a great early advantage against anoter ap champ, like Cho'Gath. You get all you need with it, damage defense and unlimited mana. But if you face AD you could probably skip it. You want to harass as much as possible because in a straight fight you cant do much, use wind and gaze to suprise burst them down.
I think with the new meta you could go support aswell, you got all the tools for it, slow, speed boost and shield and the ult is disruptive even if not fed.

Yes they are used on most carries.

Actually according to Chaox, the rune meta is switching for carries in favour of having 6 arpen marks 3 ad marks 3 ad quints, mostly for early game damage.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Yup, that's what I've read too, I think with arpen/mpen marks you're set to go. The fortitude quints are arguably useful on every champ so you're never wrong picking them.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Just got my best CS ever(231 or so) while playing Ezfail, despite the rest of the team feeding like crazy :(

He's pretty cool. especially like sniping people with the ult and the sheer amount of sustained damage he can do at really high ranges with his q and w. Shame he's so expensive or I might have bought him as my backup AD carry. I should have problably gotten more offensive items, but after trinity force + manamune I had to rush frozen heart and banshee veil just to be able to survive two hits from the enemy team.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Started playing LoL again and what do I get? Shitty new game mode and nerfed Alistar? :?

Mystary!

Arcane
Speaking of which, Ezfail and dominion is a pretty good match up. That ult can stop caps from across the map, espcially funny if theyre low on life and you nearly kill them, they stand they baffled while the turret finishes the job.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
AP ratios nerfed to the ground, ultimate almost useless until lvl 11.

Not saying his nerfs were totally uncalled for, since Alistar was pretty boss in good hands, but he just seem to be stuck now as a bot support and that's it. Maybe occasional jungle. Gone are the glory days of mad roaming and mid bull.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Just tried out Katarina.

That is the worst hero I've ever seen or played. I mean, I figured she was just really hard to play or something when I saw everyone else playing her get curbstomped, but she's really THAT useless. You've got no survivability, no burst, and your only real damage comes from your ult, at melee range, which gets canceled by any kind of CC at all, and can simply be walked away from, since you have no snare or even slow. No escape mechanism, your chasing mechanism is laughable since it requires a target at close range. You'd literally have double the base damage on all of her skills to convince me to try her again.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
My Galio core build:

Start with Meki+2hp
Aegis
Mercs
Morrellos
Banshees
FoN or Deathcap

Teleport/Flash
Use ult with W on, gives more AP.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Azael said:
What's the reasoning behind getting a chalice as opposed to a tear or a catalyst? Both of those would help with the mana issue and both build into something useful later while a chalice is a dead end item.
Chalice gives you much more mana regen while also buffing your magic resist and, in case of Galio, giving some AP. While it is a dead end item, it's so cheap it doesn't delay your build much and you only lose ~270 gold when buying it and selling later. Opening with a tear gives you no defensive stats, rushing archangel's staff makes little sense because this item only gets worth buying when you already have a decent mana pool. And there are far better items for Galio than archangel's staff anyway. Catalyst may be more viable but the passive doesn't give you enough mana regen to sustain you so it only makes sense to rush it if you know you'll be guaranteed blue buff. If you're playing solo top, you probably won't get it, especially if you're in solo que and/or in the purple team.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
DamnedRegistrations said:
Just tried out Katarina.

That is the worst hero I've ever seen or played. I mean, I figured she was just really hard to play or something when I saw everyone else playing her get curbstomped, but she's really THAT useless. You've got no survivability, no burst, and your only real damage comes from your ult, at melee range, which gets canceled by any kind of CC at all, and can simply be walked away from, since you have no snare or even slow. No escape mechanism, your chasing mechanism is laughable since it requires a target at close range. You'd literally have double the base damage on all of her skills to convince me to try her again.

:lol:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Katarina is god-like, it's just that she's incredibly hard to use and you can't afford to misuse your ult, or you might as well not play her. She's a very strong champion if played with the right mindset.

For escapes, try having a ward in your inventory. If you need to escape, ward + shunpo over the wall.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Katarina is one of the worst and most situational champions in the game. Completely worthless unless the enemy team has no CC other than a slow, and if the enemy team is like that, you would probably win even with twitch and evelynn with you.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, there's a certain streamer who does amazing things at 2000+ Elo with Katarina, simply by using perfect timing and a superior mind-game.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Good for him.

Also, a thought struck me that 'Kassadin' could be some sort of an arab name just like 'Saladin' was derived from "Salah ad-Din', and, bored as I was, started looking for meanings.

Then I checked up Malzahar, too.

Funny fact:

There's this verb 'zahara', which means 'to give light'/'to be radiant'.

In another verb class, the word is 'azhara', and it means 'to bloom'

Malzahar has come seeking the light, according to his background lore

:hmmm:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I guess it makes sense considering they both come from the token arab nation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom