Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Finally hit level 20. Dumped a pile of IP on runes, so my stats aren't gimped any more. Bought out most of the 450 heroes too. Except poppy. Too ugly.

Dark Matter

Prophet
Guys, is Annie vs. Xerath actually doable? In the one game I played, I felt completely helpless the whole time. I can't tell if it's actually as hard as I think or if I'm just horrible.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Excidium said:
I guess it makes sense considering they both come from the token arab nation.

Malzahar is from that place, yes, but Kassadin's origin is unknown.

Guys, is Annie vs. Xerath actually doable?

What can I say, get boots and KEEP ON MOVIN' :M

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
A very Codex-approved skin for Veigar ;)

dN0rfh.jpg

Reject_666_6

Arcane
DamnedRegistrations said:
Just tried out Katarina.

That is the worst hero I've ever seen or played. I mean, I figured she was just really hard to play or something when I saw everyone else playing her get curbstomped, but she's really THAT useless. You've got no survivability, no burst, and your only real damage comes from your ult, at melee range, which gets canceled by any kind of CC at all, and can simply be walked away from, since you have no snare or even slow. No escape mechanism, your chasing mechanism is laughable since it requires a target at close range. You'd literally have double the base damage on all of her skills to convince me to try her again.

I'd also like to mention that the same happened to me a few days ago.

I remember that time the enemy team sent katarina top vs my udyr. I don't think she felt very godlike and frankly I have had more challenging annie bots opponents. r00fles!

Lupus

Liturgist
herostratus said:
I remember that time the enemy team sent katarina top vs my udyr. I don't think she felt very godlike and frankly I have had more challenging annie bots opponents. r00fles!
How could anyone think sending Katarina top vs motherfucking stunbot is good idea? :O Also Annie bot is better than 75% of Annie players.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Left a match today and was surprised with an extra 450 RP out of nowhere. Is it some sort of christmas event?

Anyway, bought some cool ghost rider skin for Brand.

Hoodoo

Arcane
Reject_666_6 said:
DamnedRegistrations said:
Just tried out Katarina.

That is the worst hero I've ever seen or played. I mean, I figured she was just really hard to play or something when I saw everyone else playing her get curbstomped, but she's really THAT useless. You've got no survivability, no burst, and your only real damage comes from your ult, at melee range, which gets canceled by any kind of CC at all, and can simply be walked away from, since you have no snare or even slow. No escape mechanism, your chasing mechanism is laughable since it requires a target at close range. You'd literally have double the base damage on all of her skills to convince me to try her again.

I'd also like to mention that the same happened to me a few days ago.

lololololo

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
So, I really shouldn't play Galio solo top against Nidalee, especially when I had forgotten just how bad that spear can hurt and that it's magic damage, not physical. I fed her so bad it was really embarrassing. Poor Roxor probably got an aneurysm. Trying to dodge that fucking spears with one of the slowest champs in the League wasn't that fun.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Azael said:
So, I really shouldn't play Galio solo top against Nidalee, especially when I had forgotten just how bad that spear can hurt and that it's magic damage, not physical.

Shouldn't that be an advantage to Galio? You know, build lots of magic resistance, rape everything on the map.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Azael said:
So, I really shouldn't have forgotten Nidalee's spear deals magic damage, not physical.
Fixed. Galio isn't that slow and build correctly he can't really be killed by an AP champion. With initiator mastery you have 320 movement speed when not low on hp and 310 otherwise. Buy chalice and boots first, then when you see Nidalee builds AP items (she can be, and often is, build AD) you upgrade boots to mercury threads and buy negatron cloak as a part for banshee veil. At this point magic damage you take is reduced by 60% already and you have ~80 AP which is not bad for less than 3k gold. In comparison, rushing rod of ages gives you similar AP, no magic resist and worse mana sustain for similar cost. You get some hp from RoA but you will equal this boost when your banshee is finished.

To avoid spearshots you generally hide behind your minions and farm caster minions with Q+E instead of hitting them with autoattack.

And don't worry about games like that. Making mistakes and realising that is the only way to improve. :P

Mystary!

Arcane
You can heal yourself with that shield he has, cast it on your self + draw minion aggro = full health.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
One of my friends talked me into playing and I've been tooling around against bots for a couple weeks now. Since this thread is 70 pages I'm not gonna read all that shit, when is a good time to play real human opponents? I get frustrated enough with the 3 (one always quits/is logging in from Siberia) clueless (BR) teammates I get stuck with, I think it'd suck having to battle actual human opponents.

What are some good champions to sink points into? I liked Sivir and been playing a lot of Teemo this week. Is Teemo really good, or just versus bots good?

DakaSha

Arcane
HanoverF said:
One of my friends talked me into playing and I've been tooling around against bots for a couple weeks now. Since this thread is 70 pages I'm not gonna read all that shit, when is a good time to play real human opponents? I get frustrated enough with the 3 (one always quits/is logging in from Siberia) clueless (BR) teammates I get stuck with, I think it'd suck having to battle actual human opponents.

What are some good champions to sink points into? I liked Sivir and been playing a lot of Teemo this week. Is Teemo really good, or just versus bots good?

Any champ can be 'good' in the right hands but some just dont have any real role on a team. from what i hear teemo is one of them. he can be a good counter pic to some tops i guess but generally you dont see him in tournaments to much. Personally i think hes fun so for non ranked play take him if you like him. nothing more fun then getting assists and kills without any work on your part :P

At first it doesnt matter believe me. you can take eve and crush other noobs because they dont know how to deal with her.

Personally i would start playing against humans right away because the bots give a false impression of the way the game plays

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Teemo will be priceless in low ranks if you use the mushrooms well as wards all over the place, since nobody buys wards. Shaco can do the same with his boxes.
Teemo's also good for forcing you to practice your last hitting, as opposed to Sivir who is built for skill bombing waves to death, which is often a very bad thing to do on most heroes.

Mystary!

Arcane
Well noone takes bot games serious, that's why the you have more leavers and trolls there.

There is always an abundance of AD, so picking a good magic damage champ is essential, and tanks are often looked over, so get something that has both, Cho'Gath and Ryze are both very affordable and can help any team immensly.

Dark Matter

Prophet
lol I like how you can literally buy nothing with 450 RP except those super cheap champions (but since they only cost 450 IP, it would be dumb to waste RP on them anyway).

I gave in to temptation and bought $10 worth of RP and decided to buy Graves since he's on sale. Not sure what to do with the other ~1650 RP. I'll probably wait for other 6300 IP champs to go on sale.

Xi

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Katarina is one of the worst and most situational champions in the game. Completely worthless unless the enemy team has no CC other than a slow, and if the enemy team is like that, you would probably win even with twitch and evelynn with you.

I sometimes like to play Eve. I'm always amazed by how people immediately think I'm trolling because i play her. (Sometimes I just go with the troll sentiment though!) I mean, on a decent team that doesn't feed, she will hard carry you to victory. Late game she is a complete nightmare for the other team because she has intense damage, can be Hybrid, AP, or AD, and can even build tanky and be difficult to deal with.

When on a decent team, I consistently get 15ish kills and have very few deaths.

The trick to all stealth chars (minus shaco) is never to open in a group fight. You time your attack to kill a fleeing champ or a support champ and then simply run away. Some people think it's KSing, but seriously that's the style these champs are best played in. Doing it any other way will lead to heavy feeding.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Dark Matter said:
lol I like how you can literally buy nothing with 450 RP except those super cheap champions (but since they only cost 450 IP, it would be dumb to waste RP on them anyway).

I gave in to temptation and bought $10 worth of RP and decided to buy Graves since he's on sale. Not sure what to do with the other ~1650 RP. I'll probably wait for other 6300 IP champs to go on sale.
That's exactly their plan. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom