Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Someone posted this on the official forums. Seems pretty op.

That's a confirmed bug, no worries, from what I've seen in-game seems a pretty mediocre character, a pitty, really, because his skill-set looks interesting.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Tried out Irelia... the basic mechanics seem good, but why the fuck do people think she's good for a solo lane? All you need to do to crush her is stand by any low health creeps and blast the shit out of her if she tries to last hit anything. She has no escape mechanism and her burst before level 6 is laughable. Seems like any other melee without a burst damage ult would shut her down easily.

Mystary!

Arcane
Well she can stun you if you have more health than her and she has cc reduction making it very hard to lock her down for any great period of time. She has alot of sustain with innate lifesteal/self heal when attacking. Her dash refreshes whenever she kills a unit, so she can clear a wave of hurt minions dashing between them before you have time to react. Also she deals alot of true damage, the bane of everyone and everything.

Damned Registrations

Yeah but none of that happens until later. What about when you're level 3 and Nasus is eating every last creep in each wave? If the strategy for Irelia top lane is 'hide in a bush until they leave or you hit 6' I don't see why you'd ever send her there. And Nasus isn't even a scary champ to lane against. What if it's like, Swain or Fizz or Akali? You'd lose half your health getting a single last hit.

Lupus

Liturgist
Most of viable top lane champions lose against Swain, Fizz or Akali FYI. Irelia is similiar to Singed in that matter - try to survive to six, then procede to farm til big item (for Irelia - Trinity Force), then own. She's not early game monster, but IMO she's better top laner than jungler.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
How is Irelia supposed to be afraid of Nasus harassment? They both have similar stats, usually start with the same item, their sustain is based on natural lifesteal. Unlike Nasus, she doesn't have to use her best damaging ability to farm minions so if Nasus harass you while you farm, you just hit him back with Q or E and in result you get cs and deal more damage to the enemy than he does to you.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Seems like Irelia is steadily being phased out top. She still kills some champions top though and if allowed to free-farm is still insano-scary. Most notably she is one of the few champions who can lane against GP.

Damned Registrations

It's funny, I expected winning with Ahri to get harder now that people are more used to her since she's free right now and has been out a while, but it's only gotten easier. Last match went 13-0. And I'm still using my same AP whoring glass cannon build, so it's not like I've gotten that much better at using her.

Tried Dominion with her a bit too. She's pretty good, since she's well suited to kiting enemies around and poking at them in between ults. And when ult is up, she a 1v1 rape machine on that map.

Damned Registrations

Finally got to try Xerath with the new rotation. Love him. Landing skill shots if fun, and fights feel very hectic, trying to land them all and manage multiple skills with short cooldowns. I'll probably buy him to replace Veig as my artillery mage. I like the way Veig plays, but the voice drives me nuts and the stun makes me rage when I need to use it on a single person. Even a split second lag can fuck it up.

Some other champs I've been wanting to try out this week too, like Nocturne and Brand. I tried brand before, but it was right when I first started so I sucked. Will be interesting to see how he feels now that I've got some more experience.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Brand is fun and very comfortable to play with. He has an easy time farming and just rapes in team battles against uncoordinated teams, pretty exciting when you see 3~4 retards all stacked in the same place waiting for your combo...

I was torn between him and Xerath, but ended up getting Brand because Xerath looks a lot harder to play.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Positioning is key with Xerath. If you stand behind your bros, deploy stabilisers and start wrecking shit, you've just won the fight. Insane damage and well beyond the range of the enemy team, even shit with gapclosers will first have to get through your whole team to get to you. Not to mention how much you can spam with max CDR.

Damned Registrations

The main trouble I had when playing him was adjusting to the fact that I'm not an assassin any more. The delay on his stun is WAY too long (projectile speed) to pop even level people if they're paying any attention. OTOH I can sit in a lane and nuke the shit out of the creeps to farm xp and gold and push on towers, which Ahri can't really do until like, level 11-12 or so. I ended up mostly applying pressure in a lane and poking at any heroes showing up to defend towers while my team roamed the map pushing towers and jungling etc. Keeping the middle lane pushed has a major impact on map control in LoL, since people can't just teleport to defend towers or ambush people, so you effectively cut the map in half so the enemy either has to reveal themselves or take a very long route around to move from one side to the other.

In actual teamfights things were just a clusterfuck but it definitely seemed like where Xerath shines, which I expected. W+Q+R just puts out retarded AoE damage, on par with Veig after he's been fed. I can't imagine what Xerath is like when he's been fed to the gills. I'd assume it involves things like quad kills.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Xerath can poke like a madman easily on the lane phase. Are you using smartcasting? If so, it shouldn't be that hard to land a E + Q combo because the delay between both spells isn't that big. Once you reach level 6 it's even easier, just ERQRR and watch your enemy recall to base.

But yeah, in teamfights you just rape everything.

Damned Registrations

It's not that I can't land it, it's that by the time it lands the enemy is an entire extra screen further away, because the projectile is so slow. Assuming I'm using W to land the stun. If I'm not... well I'd probably rather just kite them anyways, if they're trying to run into such short range.

I don't use smartcasting, since I'm still getting used to the range/AoE on all the different spells, so I need the markers. I'm used to playing without it anyways, so the delay of an extra button click is trivial.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Xerath can poke like a madman easily on the lane phase. Are you using smartcasting?

Bad idea. Harder to aim the Q with smartcasts.

If so, it shouldn't be that hard to land a E + Q combo because the delay between both spells isn't that big.

Again, kind of bad idea. If you cast both at the same time, there's quite a chance that Q will hit before the stunning projectile. Happened to me more than once.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
k bros so I'm gonna make a ragepost.

Graves is so OP. The basis for this statement is simple: Vayne is considered good, and Graves is numerically better in every single metric(except for range, which he loses by about 25, but still means nothing when his dash has about twice the range of Vayne's). And for skills, his gap closer is better, his burst is much better and his cc is quite comperable and not dependant on the enemy fucking up their positioning. :x

Damned Registrations

I haven't played either so I'm talking out my ass here but:

2 second cooldown is worse than 14 second cooldown? Vayne is way better at chasing, between that, night hunter and the ult. If Graves is better, it's because of the AoE on his skills, which is the main thing he has going for him.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Bad idea. Harder to aim the Q with smartcasts.

I guess that's true if you're blind, but I haven't had any problems landing Q's with smartcasting, and it's considerably faster. And yeah, there's a chance you can land the Q right before the E, but it's just a matter of getting the timing right.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I guess that's true if you're blind, but I haven't had any problems landing Q's with smartcasting

It's not the matter of just landing them, it's landing them with maximum effectiveness, which includes doing that in a way that's the hardest to dodge. And that requires precision.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Vayne has hard CC as opposed to Grave's pretty shitty one, better escape mechanisms, a better ultimate and deals true damage.

We have no problem laning against Graves, but we ban Vayne in pretty much all matches.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
k bros so I'm gonna make a ragepost.

Graves is so OP. The basis for this statement is simple: Vayne is considered good, and Graves is numerically better in every single metric(except for range, which he loses by about 25, but still means nothing when his dash has about twice the range of Vayne's). And for skills, his gap closer is better, his burst is much better and his cc is quite comperable and not dependant on the enemy fucking up their positioning. :x
8zbGB.png

Sure, if you don't start increasing your attack speed significantly until you've already spent 10k on other items, Graves will be more powerful than you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom