Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So what's the endgame here...

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think DU keeps going deeper with his shenanigans because somehow the overall butthurt-o-meter hasn't reached the levels he was expecting.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So what's the endgame here...
23 days after forum avatars have been removed Crooked Bee rescues DarkUnderlord from the bowels of the admin forum, re-uniting him with the rest of the Admin team - Infinitron, VentilatorOfDoom, and Whisky. Locating Crispy in an otherwise empty part of the forum, the Admin team plan to retake the avatars, but Crispy reveals he destroyed them to prevent their further use. Enraged, DarkUnderlord decapitates Crispy.

5 years later, Vault Dweller suddenly returns from Iron Tower Studios. In the Admin forum, he explains he has only experienced five hours absence. Theorizing that Iron Tower Studios could allow time travel, he asks DarkUnderlord to help them retrieve the avatars from the past to reverse Crispy's actions in the present. DU refuses, enjoying his outback Australian life, but relents after looking at an old picture of one of his avatars. DU and Infinitron, who has merged with hew Jew half, build a time machine. Infinitron notes changing the past does not affect their present; any changes instead create branched alternate realities. He and Whisky visit the a retirement home in Norway to recruit Saint_Proverbius, now overweight and drinking heavily, despondent over his failure with the Codex. In Tokyo, Crooked Bee recruits Scrooge, now a vigilante forum Administrator.

Scrooge and Crooked Bee travel back to the Codex circa 2002. There they recruit a team of original Codex Admins - Deathy, Spazmo, and Ausir. But Ibbz escapes to create his own forum. Realising the founding forum didn't have a good selection of avatars, DU and VD travel to the Codex circa 2012, where they both fight earlier versions of themselves. Meanwhile SP travels back to Terra-Arcanum circa 2001, taking Calis from the forum and retrieving the lost original avatar code, subtly called Code-X. A mistake made while trying to recruit Xerophyte and baby arm alerts ancient Crispy to the attempt, who then travels through time with a convenient plot device for a final showdown with the Codex Admin team, with Xerophyte ultimately sacrificing himself so that Calis and baby arm can return. Nobody really mourns him though because while he was there in all the films, he never did much. His own stand-alone forum will be coming out later in the year though.

Reassembled in the present, the Admins re-create the avatar gallery code and re-upload the avatars, which SP, the most resistant to php code, uses to reverse the avatars being removed. Meanwhile, Ancient Crispy uses the convenient plot device to transport his ancient self along with his computer store, to the present, where he attacks the Admin forum, planning to destroy and rebuild the Codex with himself as founded. A bunch of people die, there's a needlessly climatic battle and Crispy, having overpowered the rest of the admins, seizes the avatars, but VD steals the avatars back and uses them against Crispy, at the cost of his own life.

Following VD's funeral, SP appoints Crooked Bee as the new ruler of Norway and joins Deathy, Calis, and Ibbz to create another forum. Scrooge returns some old original avatars we no longer use to their original timelines and remains in the past to live with baby arm. In the present, an elderly baby arm passes his stash of drugs and mantle on to Whisky.

THX for the spoilers, ASSHOLE!

thesecret1

Arcane
Every day, we're moving closer to becoming an anonymous imageboard. From now on, we should reffer to each other as Anon

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
After it turned out equality of names didn't lead to equality of posts, DU is going deeper.

The endgame is to commit mass suicide and blow up Codex servers in a blaze of glory, in resolute defiance of reality. That's how communism always ends.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

What-really-happened-to-Crocodile-Dundee.jpg

DraQ

Arcane

mondblut

Arcane

Swigen

Arbiter
The Watchtowers of Darkness are located in Germany’s dark and ancient past. They see you!!!

DraQ

Arcane
Yeah, yeah, and purging hate speech != censorship :roll:
Don't be daft, purging any speech is censorship.

Besides, I am not advocating censorship or bans for particular behaviour. That's negative selection and only leads to mediocrity reinforced by fear. We've been there, multiple times.

I am advocating positive selection and getting rid of garbage posters who by definition post only garbage.
It's not a right of any pleb to be able to post on a forum.
If you have nothing of note to say (which happens to be the definition of most people forming echo chambers - doesn't matter if left, right, centre or moon logic) GTFO.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It's not the RPGCodex without a good regular shakeup that forces us to take on new roles for a while. A deeply rooted tradition. And DU keeps delivering the incline. :salute:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there any method to who gets their avatars, etc. back? I thought it was join date at first, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Might just be good old RNG.

How am I supposed to min-max this?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there any method to who gets their avatars, etc. back? I thought it was join date at first, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Might just be good old RNG.

How am I supposed to min-max this?
Become a patreon or offer to suck their dicks.
Well, there's this girl in Australia I wanted to visit, might as well take a detour to visit DU...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom