Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

razvedchiki

Magister
how much ac is need for cataclysm?
i have found a way to stack more ac with the unfinished business mod, with a smith cleric and an inventor infusion you can add plus 2 ac. it lasts forever and its as wielding a shield.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
how much ac is need for cataclysm?
i have found a way to stack more ac with the unfinished business mod, with a smith cleric and an inventor infusion you can add plus 2 ac. it lasts forever and its as wielding a shield.

My unarmored barbarian is easily missed on Cataclysm. A shield (ERYFKRAD triggered) and a magic item of protection is all the defense she's flying. I think she has 25 or 26 AC.

She'll get hit a bit more if she reckless attacks. But honestly Path of Stone is kind of broken. You got the high AC from just the core build, then you have OP barbarian damage resistance in rage, and then on top of that you get a free HP shield that refreshes every single turn. Closest to an actual MMO tank I've been in a D&D game in a long time. Borderline immortal.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
on your experience would a 6 man party (3-4 martials and support) unbalance the game on cataclysm?i will decrease the overall xp gain to 70-80%.

Seeing as my main criticism of the game is that it is not challenging enough by a longshot? indubitably.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You got the high AC from just the core build, then you have OP barbarian damage resistance in rage, and then on top of that you get a free HP shield that refreshes every single turn.
Not to mention the high ac from the core build increases if you're swarmed.

A shield (@ERYFKRAD triggered)
You can have roughly the same effect with the AC feat for two handers as well.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You got the high AC from just the core build, then you have OP barbarian damage resistance in rage, and then on top of that you get a free HP shield that refreshes every single turn.

a feat is a hefty tax tho

i mostly said it to trigger you tho. can't imagine your barbarian preference is to hide behind a stool without legs

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

All you need to know about babarians:
awJVHdr.png

Ayreos

Augur
Want difficulty? Do like me and play this blind in co-op with your girlfriend/wife.

How I install mods in Linux? In Kingmaker, I tried but gave up and ended running it in Lutris so I could use nexus mod manager. BTW, there are class mods in Solasta?

I would love to play as this class https://www.5esrd.com/classes/3rd-party-publisher-classes/grimlore-entertainment/the-pale-master/

Or this homebrew class : https://dandwiki.com/wiki/Cryomancer,_Variant_(5e_Class)
If the game is non-native an installed with WINE, I've been using Unity Mod Manager via WINE. For some games, like WotR, I've found that running it in Proton has been a little better though.

Ebonsword

Arcane
So, I managed to beat the Lost Valley DLC over the weekend. Well, more or less--the game crashed everytime I got to the end cutscene. :-(

Apparently, this is a somewhat common issue if you
go the route where you combine the two wizards back into a single entity

Overall, I liked it, but, wow, does the whole faction quest system seem borked. I had two other factions send me to the
experimental facility
to figure out what was going on there...even though I had already cleaned out the whole place at the bequest of a third faction.

Also, I was a bit dissappointed with how the game just kind of ended. No big final battle like in the main campaign (but that may have been down to the choices I made).

I'm going to run through it again with a different party [barbarian/ranger/druid/bard] and see how much of an effect siding with the different groups has.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
So, I managed to beat the Lost Valley DLC over the weekend. Well, more or less--the game crashed everytime I got to the end cutscene. :-(

Apparently, this is a somewhat common issue if you
go the route where you combine the two wizards back into a single entity
In pursuing the People's route, I accomplished that task, only for the ending slide to show the throne as empty (though with three representatives of the People around it) and an accompanying voice-over about the throne of the valley being empty but the citizens holding it together. Quite irritating.

Overall, I liked it, but, wow, does the whole faction quest system seem borked. I had two other factions send me to the
experimental facility
to figure out what was going on there...even though I had already cleaned out the whole place at the bequest of a third faction.

Also, I was a bit dissappointed with how the game just kind of ended. No big final battle like in the main campaign (but that may have been down to the choices I made).

I'm going to run through it again with a different party [barbarian/ranger/druid/bard] and see how much of an effect siding with the different groups has.
If you kept a save from just before speaking with a certain crucial character in the complex, it should be simple enough to try alternative routes. Even at that advanced stage, I could still complete the routes of four of the five factions, the only exception being the Dominion (Orenetis) since every other faction except the Forge requires that the party antagonize the current ruler. There is a climactic battle if you take on Orenetis to support the Mask faction, support the Rebellion, or just to claim the scepter needed to leave the Valley (the Forge will inform you about this).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.solasta-game.com/news/172-palace-of-ice-stream-march-31st-9-am-pdt

PALACE OF ICE STREAM - MARCH 31ST 9 AM PDT / 12 PM EDT / 6 PM CEST​

Hey there folks!
It's been quite some time since our last Dev Stream, hasn't it? Well, we're back on Friday with some new sneak peek for the upcoming Palace of Ice DLC! Come and join us for a nice little chat and some cool previews.

Join us on Twitch Friday March 31st at 9 am PDT / 12 pm EDT / 6 pm CEST for a Community Stream! We'll be sharing more information on the Palace of Ice DLC, show some concept art, share some anecdotes and give you a sneak peek of some new snowy environments.

To celebrate D&D Direct 2023, Wizards of the Coast are hosting a franchise sale on Steam. Go and grab some classic gems or snatch some of Solasta's latest DLCs at a discount!

Alright folks, this is the end for today! Thank you for reading, and don't hesitate to drop by our Forums or our Discord Server.

Article by Tactical Myzzrym

Artyoan

Arbiter
They are also doing a dungeon maker map competition in case any of you are interested. Ruleset for it posted on friday. Can win some shit. I will
not
be participating.

4sQucRP.jpg

Artyoan

Arbiter
They allowed for random encounters to be set by the creator which I wasn't expecting. Looks like the actual arenas are still set amongst those the original campaigns have, but the monster table can be set. I'll have to see how much freedom is allowed there in the end but a nice surprise.

Artyoan

Arbiter
I put out the six man version of Morrows Deep which completes my contributions thus far: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2956040726

I'm sure I'll make something after the Palace of Ice. Looks very promising to me from the DM standpoint. Its the final DLC so I'm hoping 'Solasta 2' or whatever follow up they have planned is built around a DM from the ground up. Carve out a true niche in the crpg field.

Mortmal

Arcane
It's odd if its the last one , there's still lot of rooms for more tilesets, more landscapes, more classes, and just improving the base game. They should do it like paradox. Could buy lot more campaigns from 1-10 with better ressources management some real writers and new encounters.
Unless the next title is with another ruleset, which is highly risky since alas 53% of people are on 5E even on tabletop.Would be more fun to have something based on SOTDL, a more fun system if not well known.

Ol'man

Educated
Seems like 12-16 abilities are still missing for lots of subclasses.
Because some subclasses don't get abilities between 12-16. E.g. cleric, monk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom