Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Artyoan

Arbiter
Artyoan Do I need the Inner Strength DLC for your campaigns?
I would get it, just to avoid that potential bug of an Inner Strength item dropping and then borking your save if you don't have it. I do have quite a few IS items set to drop but they are supposed to be filtered out by the game. Too many people reporting thats not happening correctly in custom campaigns.

You could possibly play without it but if you see you got a warlock/bard/monk item you might find your save game won't load anymore. I'm not sure if picking the item up or not matters, too few details on what is causing the real issue.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Artyoan Do I need the Inner Strength DLC for your campaigns?
I would get it, just to avoid that potential bug of an Inner Strength item dropping and then borking your save if you don't have it. I do have quite a few IS items set to drop but they are supposed to be filtered out by the game. Too many people reporting thats not happening correctly in custom campaigns.

You could possibly play without it but if you see you got a warlock/bard/monk item you might find your save game won't load anymore. I'm not sure if picking the item up or not matters, too few details on what is causing the real issue.
Ok, thanks. I'll grab it on sale.

Mud'

Scholar
How do you play mods with the GOG version? Download them in the nexus only?

Artyoan

Arbiter
How do you play mods with the GOG version? Download them in the nexus only?
Download them from the nexus or mod.io and put the json file into the user>Appdata>locallow>TacticalAdventures>Solasta>UserContent>Campaigns folder

cw8

Cipher
I've started my playthrough 2 weeks ago and now I'm level 9. I'm not sure if it's the game or the D&D5e rules but after coming from multiple playthroughs of Pathfinder Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous, I'm just not used to the simplification of the rules. Not much prebuffing, concentration needed for almost half the spells in a spellcaster repertoire so you're forced to pick one, the spell variety is lacking, feats only every 4 levels, leveling up process is boring, class building is just clicking the next button. I don't even look forward to leveling up. The items don't feel like they got a soul to them, everything is crafted, haven't looted a named magical item in combat before.
I'm not sure if it's the same as Baldur's Gate 3.

Ol'man

Educated
This is all accurate to 5e.
It's not accurate to Baldur's Gate 3, which is basically shitty homebrew on top of all that.
You don't need to pre-buff (or download a mod to do it) for 5 minutes upon entering each map, though.

cw8

Cipher
I detest Counterspell as well. I mean I use it too but this and the concentration mechanic takes the fun out of spellcasters. And spellcasters and magic are pretty much the whole reason I play D&D crpgs. Far cry from the Timestop, contingency, spell trigger system from Baldur's Gate 2.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The items don't feel like they got a soul to them, everything is crafted, haven't looted a named magical item in combat before
There are some.

And spellcasters and magic are pretty much the whole reason I play D&D crpgs.
1495754193760.jpg

cw8

Cipher
The items don't feel like they got a soul to them, everything is crafted, haven't looted a named magical item in combat before
There are some.

And spellcasters and magic are pretty much the whole reason I play D&D crpgs.
View attachment 35078

Well my main character is always a Monk. At least the Monk feels right in Solasta, furry of blows and multiple attacks a turn. If party composition allows it, i.e. 5 or 6 party members, I'll get another offtank. My other characters are mostly spellcasters. Nothing like seeing high level spells decimate everything.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I reached the point of no return, but before that, I will mop up a few remaining quests. The DLCs are next up after that. I don't see myself replaying to OC again, but I will try some user created stuuf in the future.

Last edited:

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm having fun with 6-chars Forsaken Isle.
All who said the encounters design it's better then in the original campain are completely right.
I made an early mistake of suffering through the sewers ambush as my first encounter.
The old habit of exploring every nook before advancing the main quest, haha.
The story is also good so far - simple but solid, with a bit of mistery and nice tie-ins.

Artyoan Anyways, I've found a couple of bugs.

Melia, craft master sells projectile recipes:
- Corrosive Arrows and Bolts,
- Flash Arrows and (2) Bolts,
- Flaming Bolts.
I suspect the extra Flash Bolt recipe is supposed be the missing Flaming Arrow instead.

And there's a trap spot in the "orc quest minotaur fight":
4ZexJ0F.png
The location is marked. It's possible to jump down to that square, but no way to climb out.

I'm not sure if it's intended as "lol gotcha" for the minotaur charge, I thought myself clever to get there on my own.
But without Spider Climb, Fly or Misty Step the only solution is to reload.

Artyoan

Arbiter
I'm having fun with 6-chars Forsaken Isle.
All who said the encounters design it's better then in the original campain are completely right.
I made an early mistake of suffering through the sewers ambush as my first encounter.
The old habit of exploring every nook before advancing the main quest, haha.
The story is also good so far - simple but solid, with a bit of mistery and nice tie-ins.

Artyoan Anyways, I've found a couple of bugs.

Melia, craft master sells projectile recipes:
- Corrosive Arrows and Bolts,
- Flash Arrows and (2) Bolts,
- Flaming Bolts.
I suspect the extra Flash Bolt recipe is supposed be the missing Flaming Arrow instead.

And there's a trap spot in the "orc quest minotaur fight":
4ZexJ0F.png
The location is marked. It's possible to jump down to that square, but no way to climb out.

I'm not sure if it's intended as "lol gotcha" for the minotaur charge, I thought myself clever to get there on my own.
But without Spider Climb, Fly or Misty Step the only solution is to reload.
Thanks Nortar. Melia is a default vendor so I can't adjust her stock, only create a custom version or try to import one. All the vendors in Morrows Deep are custom but half the vendors in this one are default still. So that bug I'll have to leave it be for now and switch out all the vendors at some point to be thorough.

This looks like the 4 man version of The Forsaken Isle? I'll fix that issue pretty soon, gotta add some spare variables anyway. Thanks for reporting. Glad you're enjoying it.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
This looks like the 4 man version of The Forsaken Isle?

It's 6 man, but 2 more chars were cut out by screenshot cropping.
One of them an elven wizard gal, and I did not want to be seen associated with the elves.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I did not want to be seen associated with the elves
This sort of dishonesty is downright disgraceful to the reputation of dwarves.
On the other hand, so is associating with elves.
When are you taking the Slayer career then?

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
I did not want to be seen associated with the elves
This sort of dishonesty is downright disgraceful to the reputation of dwarves.
On the other hand, so is associating with elves.
When are you taking the Slayer career then?
Nah, there's no shame in using right tool for the right job.
Adventuring is a dirty business, if you have to have a wizard, you might as well get one who has a natural penchant for all things gay magic.

Ayreos

Augur
Game is pretty fun with the community megamod, which is essentially necessary.
Tried making some random fun builds (some untested):
Terror knight(half orc) (Paladin with fear subclass + fear on enemy kill + sorcerer with fear subclass): fear -> smite -> fear -> kill -> fear
Blink Duelist (fighter + rogue + blink warlock): sneak -> move -> strike x4 -> teleport away -> hide
Wizard Swordmaster (wizard sword saint + inventor weaponmaster): infuse weapon/armor, summon guardian sword, sword dance, heroism
Dynamite Arrows (monk distant hand + ranger arcanist): arrows with arcane blast + knockback on hit + catch and throw arrows back for more (currently bugged, but getting fixed next mod update)
Hero (paladin + bard): double CHA bonus to attack rolls with high STR + inspiration, heal and smite

cw8

Cipher
Completed the original campaign on Scavenger at level 11. Went into the final mission without knowing, even when the rep vendors disappeared and city went into lockdown, didn't prepare my items or supplies. Luckily u can have unlimited short rests to craft stuff at the end. Guess my Monk carried most of the fights, AC 23 without buffs or Ring of Protection, 4-5 attacks a turn and able to dash half the map as bonus action. Final few fights gave level 12, but obviously couldn't level up.

Artyoan

Arbiter
Palace of Ice is going to be $15. Myzzrym confirmed that on the discord but the steam page isn't updated yet.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I will play 30 if they remove the lava locations from my friggin winter adventure.
Every fookin time.
Heart of Winter must have been the only snow-themed cRPG without a lava level.

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Game is interesting but it has some of the worst voice acting ever. You are better playing it with setting voice volume to 0.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The White March doesn't have a real lava level, unless you're a snow purist and count the mine as a lava environment. IIRC, Beast of Winter is similarly lava-free.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom