Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sonic the Hedgehog Appreciation Thread

Ash

Arcane
What would Crash Bandicoot be? And Spyro? And what about, um... Blinx?

Wow you've scoured over all the classic gaming mascots looking for masterbation material.

What happened to these type of character designs anyway? Oh right, of course, it's exclusionary design. Everything is made to encompass all age groups these days, and colorful cartoony cute small animals is not appealing to most adults, especially adult male. And that is why this Sanic movie is set in the real world most likely and he looks like a stuffed toy as opposed to his original set of similar designs.

It works on the mediocre normalfags, looks at Falski getting hyped for this garbage. :lol:

falski said:
For what it is I think it looks good as they've clearly tried to stick close to the source material to some degree.

In...what way? Using reboot as an example: He's a blue talking hedgehog with superspeed boots. Robotnik was the kooky bad guy in a jumpsuit that makes machines. The similarities end there. Robotnik isn't even fat.

Where's the colorful weird and wonderful settings? Where's the animals trapped in robots? Powerups (invincibility, super speed boots)? Springs? Funky as fuck music? It's definitely not sonic without the music. FFS sonic has a bar fight with a bunch of hicks to rock n roll or country or whatever in the movie reboot. At least use it as an opportunity for him to send someone flying into the jukebox and some classic sonic track comes on, even if it's a normie-fied remix.

Sticks close to the source material he says, what in the world you smokin you northern monkey.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Why do you all forget about Bubsy Bobcat
d7t52o7-c44222e4-d737-4cc8-9dae-6fc0bba91da7.jpg

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Jesus Christ, they've unveiled their new main title and it is going to be an open world game. Take a look at this shitty trailer:

And I thought 3D Sonic couldn't get any worse.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Always me? No, but maybe I'm so evil the pervometer shattered. Leave the filters off searches and this shit eventually pops up. Clicking it fucks your future searches up though.

Why Bubsy? I liked Bobcats as a kid so seeing the games appealed more to me than hedgehogs. Pity the gameplay was fucking annoying.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Jesus Christ, they've unveiled their new main title and it is going to be an open world game. Take a look at this shitty trailer:

And I thought 3D Sonic couldn't get any worse.

Looks like Sonic running around in huge empty Xenoblade landscapes. Yuck. I'm sure it will be filled with Ubisoft-tier trash repetitive side missions and collectibles too.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I was decently excited about Frontiers at first because its open world premise forces it to be an actual 3D game rather than the 2D shit masquerading as 3D in the boost games, but a pretty legitimate-looking leak indicates that it will still feature boost-style gameplay in certain levels.

Gastrick

Cipher
I was decently excited about Frontiers at first because its open world premise forces it to be an actual 3D game rather than the 2D shit masquerading as 3D in the boost games, but a pretty legitimate-looking leak indicates that it will still feature boost-style gameplay in certain levels.
Where did you see those leaks? Was it this? https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/485968964/#485968964

I'm optimistic about it and would love to see a new full 3D and open sonic game be released.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
You're only saying that because /a/ shot you down and told you that you had to watch 50 more furry animes before you could post there.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
I've never posted on 4chan. It's just a shit website. Anonymous posting with disposable threads where everyone says the same shit over and over, it's the exact opposite of what a forum should be. And depending on the board, it's like gazing into the abyss, more so than any Prosperland thread. Being able to see who says what changes everything. It makes all the little ‘haha ur game sux fuk u feg’ comments that much more meaningful (or meaningless).

Ezekiel

Arcane
Sonic 2 trailer......

Like the look of it.

Tails sounds like Tails. Sonic doesn't sound or speak anything like Sonic. Have the filmmakers even looked at an echidna? The toon and video game version of Knuckles have hair better resembling the needles than the fury hairs in this CG design.

Echidna-1-650x425.jpg

Knuckles_the_Echidna.png

85112090-2525113081141550-5226290987016144565-n.jpg

WTF are all these hairs? Still bland, the hyper detail of the CG designs. I thought that first movie was bad.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I dunno why I enjoyed Sonic 2 on gamegear so much. I find it odd that the first boss is often the bitch that turns me into blue goo more than any other.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom