Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sonic the Hedgehog Appreciation Thread

Ezekiel

Arcane

This was one of my shows as a kid.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
The age of chili dogs. Thinking about that... sonic was probably very gassy. He blurs by fast farting no one sees him and they blame each other. Still... chili dogs. And thd later toons never mentioned them. I noticed SONICS fast food has chilidogs. Why wasn't Sonic ever advertised there?

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
A mystery solved.... Sonic eats at SONIC.

Not the video I was looking for but.. w/e.

This needs animation. Everytime I hear parts of this song I think Sonic

Continuing the Sodor nightmare..

Last edited:

Gastrick

Cipher
Poster

CU1hFubWUAEO0n8.jpg

Falksi

Arcane

Falksi

Arcane
Lots of love coming in for the film from the SEGA locals. Thought this was a cool little pic...

mP0XU7t.jpg

And this made me chuckle too...

NUNze1P.jpg

I think he'll be much better off going as Shadow to the next one.

Louis_Cypher

Arcane
I saw the film. It was decent, but actually slightly lower in my opinion than the first. I was hoping they would expand on the Sonic setting more, which they did, but there was still no trip to Mobius, no Floating Island, no Emerald Hill Zone, no Robotropolis. Once again one of the better game adaptations however. There was a 15 minute segment where they forgot it was a Sonic movie, and spent tons of time on some boring human characters. The rest was pretty good.

9huHQMT.png

One of Robotnik's vehicles resembled the robot he piloted in Sonic 2's final mission, which was good.

B4N5mR4.png

EUqcagh.png

cC13jV6.png

Robotnik's most famous super weapon has to be the Death Egg. It is the 'Death Star' of the Sonic setting. They should show it on film, in all it's majesty. I'm hoping the Death Egg turns up in the next one, and hopefully they set at least partially on Sonic's homeworld, Mobius. Take the humans along for a bit of comic relief/outsider perspective.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Sonic Origins finally has a release date (June 23rd) and a new trailer:

Very excited for it. Hopefully it won't be shit.

Ezekiel

Arcane

When I watched that trailer yesterday, my first thought was, "Why don't they always draw and design Sonic more like a kid-friendly little toon?" The tall, long-haired version of him really is awful. Imagine trying to make Mickey Mouse look cool. Every 3D Sonic is stuck with this shitty design, while the 2D ones went back with their focus on nostalgia.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Man, all of the special stages are ass. If I were remaking the classic Sonic games I'd just replace them with extra hard bonus levels played in the normal 2D style rather than some gay minigame.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Mania has decent special stages but Sonic Robo Blast 2 has my favorite. It is just Nights Into Dreams but with Sonic.
Yeah, SRB2's are pretty great, especially if you're playing with a joystick. I love Nights a lot, so having that as your special stage will trounce all others by default. But even in SRB2 I end up getting sick of the special stages on replays. Yeah, Nights is great and loads of fun, but if I'm launching Sonic then I wanna play Sonic, not Nights.

Although, you can have a new appreciation of SRB2's special stages if you know all the community drama behind the guy who made them. Rob, I think his name was. All of the underaged Twitter artists who are in that game's forums really hate that guy. He told speedrunners to go fuck themselves and intentionally patched out their exploits which makes him pretty based in my eyes. They ended up banning him and a bunch of other guys from the dev team and now it's full of a bunch of likely trannies. That seems to be the fate of most open-source games, unfortunately, so 2.2 is likely the last decent version of SRB2 we'll ever be getting.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Mania has decent special stages but Sonic Robo Blast 2 has my favorite. It is just Nights Into Dreams but with Sonic.
Yeah, SRB2's are pretty great, especially if you're playing with a joystick. I love Nights a lot, so having that as your special stage will trounce all others by default. But even in SRB2 I end up getting sick of the special stages on replays. Yeah, Nights is great and loads of fun, but if I'm launching Sonic then I wanna play Sonic, not Nights.

Although, you can have a new appreciation of SRB2's special stages if you know all the community drama behind the guy who made them. Rob, I think his name was. All of the underaged Twitter artists who are in that game's forums really hate that guy. He told speedrunners to go fuck themselves and intentionally patched out their exploits which makes him pretty based in my eyes. They ended up banning him and a bunch of other guys from the dev team and now it's full of a bunch of likely trannies. That seems to be the fate of most open-source games, unfortunately, so 2.2 is likely the last decent version of SRB2 we'll ever be getting.
anyone butthurt about speedrunners is retarded. 0/10.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

Well it is out and it is shit. Keyboard controls are terrible and you cannot properly rebind them as arrow keys cannot be used (I prefer playing old games like Sonic with the keyboard over a controller as analogue sticks don't work very well in them). You only get widescreen in anniversary mode which also removes lifes and continues which makes the games way too easy and invalidates part of the gameplay. If you go to classic mode, you get the old gameplay, but are stuck with 4:3 which renders the whole remaster rather pointless. Also, they didn't include the original music for Carnical Night, Ice Cap and Launch Base zone in Sonic 3. Instead, they used the music of the Sonic 3 prototype for these zones and it shows. To top it off, you get an atrocious menu design which makes getting into and quitting the game needlessly hard. This remake is worth 10€ at most and SEGA should be ashamed for pricing it at 40€.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom