Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Soul Hackers 2 - SMT spinoff (PS4/5, XBO/S/X, Steam 8/2022)

dacencora

“This looks like PERSONA :argh::argh::argh:
- t. every SMT fan about any new MegaTen game.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
This looks stupdily generic and way too much like TMS BUT at least is a Female Protagonist after so long and it's actually voiced.

I preffer silent protagonist 99% of the time , but honestly after SMTV, i would glad take a voiced protagonist over what they did with SMTV. It's so fucking bad to see your character blank stare at people while they talk their heart out to you or after a important scene..

Also yikes..

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
The state of SMT in the 2020s
FMHoTpFXEAUlRN_

Hee Hoo

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
The PSP version is good, finished it last year. Would give the Saturn one a try, but Saturn emulator is not that great, sadly.

There's a fan translation for the PSP in the works.
If IF... translation is anything to go by, you could start learning Japanese today, finish the SMT game while understanding it and the fan translation would not be released yet.

TheSoul

Scholar
EwuN8BbVgAUdKhb

There is no way anyone would look at this and think soul hackers 2 are related.
IDK what happened to atlus, their art looks more and more like it was made for a light novel. I truly miss Kaneko

deuxhero

Arcane
I wouldn't have minded nearly as much if they called this Digital Devil Saga instead of Soul Hackers. A fixed party that gains new abilities themselves

TheSoul

Scholar
I wouldn't have minded nearly as much if they called this Digital Devil Saga instead of Soul Hackers. A fixed party that gains new abilities themselves

At the end of the day it'd amount to the same thing. Atlus would still be degrading their previous entries and removing most of the ideas, tone, and artstyle in favor of...this. I think they've declined massively since apocalypse and tms and after smt5, I'm not remotely interested in this.

:mob:

Dodo1610

Arcane
Why on earth did they name their first female protagonist in a decade Ringo?
Also, she is cyber Jesus and can bring back the dead.

An agent of the next-generation cyber lifeform Aion. A newborn being, she has a strong curiosity about human society and emotions. She stands on the front lines with Arrow and the other Devil Summoners, and fights to avoid ruin

Soul Hack

One of Aion’s functionalities. It is the ability to intervene in and improve a person’s mind and soul. Ringo uses Soul Hack on those who have just died, and intervenes in their memories at their time of death. It allows the person to be revived by drawing out their regrets for dying, and by their strong desire to live.

Demons aren't used directly they are applied to your weapons
Soul-Hackers-2_2022_02-21-22_031-768x432.jpg

A gadget that assists in summoning demons. Each user’s COMP has a different form and can be modified to resemble their favorite item or decoration. Ringo and company’s COMPs were modified with Aion’s technology, allowing them to directly equip demons to the COMP itself.

Screens like this make it clear that they really want the Persona audience for this game

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/02/soul-hackers-2-announced-for-ps5-xbox-series-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
Yes, they could call it just a new Megami Tensei spin-off. There is no reason at all to call it Soul Hackers 2 when any MegaTen game can sell easily.

deuxhero

Arcane
Why on earth did they name their first female protagonist in a decade Ringo?
Also, she is cyber Jesus and can bring back the dead.

Ringo means apple. They're actually playing off this since one of the staticy pics they showed before the announcement was a literal apple. Prob some 2deep4u shit with Eve and the forbidden fruit.

Nathir

Liturgist
This looks like it has absolutely no relation to Soul Hackers. What even is the point of the name?

Judging by the trailer gameplay and UI wise it looks like a mix between Persona 5 and SMTV. Maybe I will be proven wrong, but it looks like another press turn game with no innovations. Character design is the most generic weeb shit you can imagine. Story seems to be (again) slice of life character interactions with some cringy pseudo intelectual "deep" nonsense sprinkled in as main story. As is the course for all LNs/VNs these days. Main draw will of course be anime girls eating burgers, while showing thighs. Meanwhile redditards will make posts about analyzing x character or how some abstract concept is a metaphor about Jungian psychology. Lol @ the youtube comment going "I love the MC's hair".

In short, fuck Atlus and fuck all weebs and otakus. Bring Kaneko back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom