Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soys Row 2022

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Didn't IdolNinja die like 4 years ago now? Didn't Volition promise that they'd finish the SR2 remaster in his memory? I wonder what happened to that.
He died exactly 1 year ago, right when the reboot was announced.

They didn't forget about him but they surely forgot about SR2.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
A lot of the cringey zoomer/millenial shit is obscufated with irony. People who like that shit will think they're only playfully making fun of those characters, while those who hate them will think the jokes are a genuine jab at them.

I've watched a bit more of it, and the biggest criticism is how boring it is.

It's not a terrible, it just hovers around 6 and 7 out of 10 for the most part.

I think it looks pretty good myself. Then again I'm and oldfag and still wowed by graphics from 2002.

Isn't 5 = Average? You seem to want to like this game. Just buckle the fuck down and buy it then.
5/10 = Unplayable

6/10 = Between passable and unplayable.

7/10 = Passable

8/10 = Good

9/10 = Great

10/10 = Masterpiece

I want to hate this game actually.

Devastator

Learned
Came across some sponsored gameplay of this game by coincidence on Twitch. Decided to watch about 20 minutes out of curiosity. Supposedly it's in early access still? In any case, I'm at a loss for words on how bad this game seemed. Meh story (but what would you expect), incredibly awful dialog, overall bad movement and gunplay, comical physics, 286 era AI, PS3 era graphics. Zoomers in chat spammed on several occasions stuff like "2022 'game' OMEGALUL" and "This is F2P, right???" It was honestly fun to watch due to being so over the top awful. While I never particularly cared for Saints Row, I was completely surprised how they managed to utterly destroy this IP.

ADL

Prophet
I got this shit for free with my graphics card and I can't muster the enthusiasm to download this and play it.
Ee4MGx6.jpeg

After credits segment
https://files.catbox.moe/4kruxe.webm

Last edited:
Oh, well the game looks and sounds terrible but they clap back at the haterz on teh socials so I'll buy 5 copies whilst shouting "You go girl" and attempting to snap my fingers in a sassy manner.
Companies passive aggressive posting in response to criticism of their shit products is so fucking cringe.

orcinator

Liturgist
Torrent done. Files unpacked.
Waifu from creator demo, screenshotted and copied.
Okay now for the real game.

Oh god there's a press E to automatically shoot barrels feature, and then they have a turret sequence. And of course nobody shuts up.
I'm less than 5 mins into it and I'm ready to puke.

lightbane

Arcane
Can't watch these after credits segment videos people keep posting, my browser refuses to load them no matter which one I use.

I checked a credits video where the game devs are shown, and every one of them is an ugly soyboy, literally. Is that it?

ADL

Prophet
Can't watch these after credits segment videos people keep posting, my browser refuses to load them no matter which one I use.

I checked a credits video where the game devs are shown, and every one of them is an ugly soyboy, literally. Is that it?
Nope. Uploaded it for you. This is what you get for 100%ing the game.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
apparently the game only uses royalty-free music, almost like it was made with the express purpose of catering to zoomer twitch streamers
Having not played the game, I'm sure there's some streamer mode to disable the radio stations, but they're still there:
https://dotesports.com/saints-row/news/all-songs-and-radio-stations-in-saints-row
I'm genuinely shocked at how much nice stuff they got for the metal station, considering they didn't have one in SR4. Heathen and Benediction seems like a bit out there choices for zoomerbait. And you can tell they mostly went for zoomerbait, since there's no classic rock station. Seems a shame its tied into possibly the worst open-world GTA clone ever made.

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Torrent done. Files unpacked.
Waifu from creator demo, screenshotted and copied.
Okay now for the real game.

Why bother even pirating it? I'm pretty sure you can get someone to take a steaming dump on you for free too instead of paying a hooker to do it, doesn't make it a particularly good idea.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Here is one of the few reviews that found the game to be stellar. Its by a black dude (going by the voice at least) who received the game for free. Says its one of the most fun games and isnt woke.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom