Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soys Row 2022

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Remember all those articles about companies (ala Larian or BioWare) being "shocked" that 80% to 90% of their playerbase created a white male character as their avatar - which was just a convenient excuse to virtue signal and promote the liberal anti-white agenda.

Here he is

T6QiswS.jpeg

Late Bloomer

Scholar
The point isn't to sell a product, but to make clownworld seem normalized by having every piece of media represent clownworld. It's a form of gaslighting. Normal people, who are the majority, will end up feeling like they're the minority if all media show a piece of clownworld and start thinking they're the ones who might be wrong thinking. It's brainwashing.

What do you believe to be the end goal?

The point isn't to sell a product, but to make clownworld seem normalized by having every piece of media represent clownworld. It's a form of gaslighting. Normal people, who are the majority, will end up feeling like they're the minority if all media show a piece of clownworld and start thinking they're the ones who might be wrong thinking. It's brainwashing.

Their idea of their end goal? Happiness, sunshine, rainbows, and luxury space communism. The problem with people into the super woke stuff is that they abandoned logic and the idea of cause and effect long ago, as the products of evil white hetero males.

The idea is basically, be pro woke shit, be against anyone who isn't, and good intentions will cause really great things to magically happen. Also you might have to throw some people in the gulag for re-education but it's all for the greater good comrade.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Their idea of their end goal? Happiness, sunshine, rainbows, and luxury space communism.
No, that's not the end goal of the ideology, that's the belief promoted to the 'useful idiots'.

The true end goal is control. For a century, maybe a little more, a certain tribe has been hard at work at destroying any sense of community in the world, except for their own. One of the subgoals that contribute to heigthened control is to destroy the nuclear family unit and the cultural assets it preserved from one generation to the other.
Heavily normalizing degenerate behaviors is one of the many tools that has been used to ruin any sense of family building. Turning women into wage slaves was another contributor. A third is propaganda through public education and turning the sons against the fathers.
When there is no more sense of community, when people don't care about each other, when there is nothing but the individual left in the world, there is nothing to rebel against the government left.
You can see how the monsters created by these mental ills are the most fixated on the "me, me, me, me!". Is there a creature in the world more obsessed with the "me me me" than the tranny? Every day, the creatura thinks about nothing but itself, talks about nothing but itself, consumes infinitely in the hope of making itself a better attention whore but nothing can ever fill that bottomless black hole because you... can't turn a man into a woman.

Western societies as a whole have grown sick, dangerously sick. The family transmission doesn't work anymore, the local populations do not reproduce anymore - naturalized immigrants mask the numbers. The marriage and divorce rates speak for themselves and the first big hit was in the 70s during the height of the "sexual liberation" era. ("By 1971, more than 75% of Americans thought that premarital sex was acceptable, a threefold increase from the 1950s, and the number of unmarried Americans aged twenty to twenty-four more than doubled from 1960 to 1976. Americans were becoming less and less interested in getting married and settling down and as well less interested in monogamous relationships. In 1971, 35% of the country said they thought marriage was obsolete")

Marriage rates in the US over the last century​

For the US we have data on marriage rates going back to the start of the 20th century. This lets us see when the decline started, and trace the influence of social and economic changes during the process.

• In 1920, shortly after the First World War, there were 12 marriages annually for every 1,000 people in the US. Marriages in the US then were almost twice as common as today.
  • In the 1930s, during the Great Depression, the rate fell sharply. In the 1930s marriages became again more common and in 1946 – the year after the Second World War ended – marriages reached a peak of 16.4 marriages per 1,000 people.
  • Marriage rates fell again in the 1950s and then bounced back in the 1960s.
  • The long decline started in the 1970s. Since 1972, marriage rates in the US have fallen by almost 50%, and are currently at the lowest point in recorded history.
Divorce rates increased sharply at the same rate for a while, then fell since the late 90s as marriage rates themselves decline because the only people left marrying are more likely to still hold some traditional values.

Another subgoal is the replacement of the slaves that refuse to be slaves by importing populations that are more malleable as slaves. White people got too used to better working environments and rights. Must import people from africa, india and other shitholes in every white country to counterbalance that.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
How the mighty hath fallen, but then I saw how it was going given how lackluster Saints Row 4 was and how downright shitty Gat Out of Hell was after that. No way is this the same company that gave us Red Faction Guerilla and Freespace. You know, all I really wanted was the Saints Row 2 remaster. Poor Idolninja worked on that thing until his dying day.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
last saints i’ve played was 2.. watched some of this, and man..

somewhat a tangent, but more and more i think about how astonishing it is how little effort has been put into AI the last 20 years, in favor of taxing your PC with polygons and particle effect bukkake loads etc; i understand the processing load for an open world game would be quite large, but they can’t even create an artifice of it?

modern releases like cp2077 took it way too far making things “cinematic”, programming in every interaction and leaving little room for any wacky “immersive sim”-ness, but at least that was something

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
somewhat a tangent, but more and more i think about how astonishing it is how little effort has been put into AI the last 20 years, in favor of taxing your PC with polygons and particle effect bukkake loads etc; i understand the processing load for an open world game would be quite large, but they can’t even create an artifice of it?

modern releases like cp2077 took it way too far making things “cinematic”, programming in every interaction and leaving little room for any wacky “immersive sim”-ness, but at least that was something
To be fair, if I were looking for any kind of open world game with sophisticated military simulation AI, Saints Row would be the absolute last franchise I would expect to find it.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
To be fair, if I were looking for any kind of open world game with sophisticated military simulation AI, Saints Row would be the absolute last franchise I would expect to find it.

while I get what you’re trying to say, millions of dollars was probably spent and hundreds of people worked on this, for years.. you think they would have even one person to address the blatant brain-dead doom-level ai shit in this game

This game's dialogues sound like they were written by a chat bot that was fed nothing but Reddit posts.

If that was true it would produce odd things that were funny, and it would slowly descend into all different kinds of racism. This game on the other hand is too unfunny and unamusing to be a chat bot.

Last edited:

I'm only surprised it seems to a step backwards from what they've already done. Pure sure this is running on the same engine as Agents of Mayhem from five years ago, but enemy encounters and shooting seem worse. World density seem worse. Just kind of seems like they managed to turn out a worse open world third person open shooter built on the back of their last open world third person shooter.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This game's dialogues sound like they were written by a chat bot that was fed nothing but Reddit posts.

If that was true it would produce odd things that were funny, and it would slowly descend into all different kinds of racism. This game on the other hand is too unfunny and unamusing to be a chat bot.

Can you imagine how based a game would be with Tay as an NPC? :lol:

orcinator

Liturgist

Can you imagine how based a game would be with Tay as an NPC? :lol:

Magia-Record-Featured-Pic.jpg

It also has Hitler (Magical Girl)

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
A lot of the cringey zoomer/millenial shit is obscufated with irony. People who like that shit will think they're only playfully making fun of those characters, while those who hate them will think the jokes are a genuine jab at them.

I've watched a bit more of it, and the biggest criticism is how boring it is.

It's not a terrible, it just hovers around 6 and 7 out of 10 for the most part.

I think it looks pretty good myself. Then again I'm and oldfag and still wowed by graphics from 2002.

Isn't 5 = Average? You seem to want to like this game. Just buckle the fuck down and buy it then.
5/10 = Unplayable

6/10 = Between passable and unplayable.

7/10 = Passable

8/10 = Good

9/10 = Great

10/10 = Masterpiece

I want to hate this game actually.
1-6 = We weren't paid
7 = We weren't paid enough
8-9 =
1661413759248.png

10 = Thanks for sucking my dick

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This HAS to be a joke right
Most likely. From what I saw everything political in this game is packed in humor and irony which serves as a shield.
I very much doubt they'd have the balls to be THAT blunt.

Then you see the dev team...

5PQ7piw.png

vO0Doj6.png

9PkV5Vr.png

qmJKlR4.png

...and suddenly it doesn't feel that unlikely anymore.

Bro you need to correct your links, you posted pics of Reddit moderators instead of developers.

orcinator

Liturgist
Untermench: Complaining about things people assumed from the trailer
Ubermensh: Complaining about how the game makes it very hard to get knocked down by an oncoming car and how motorcycles under the player's control gain the mass of a tank.

Plowing through traffic on a dirtbike was kinda funny for like 10 minutes though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom