Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soys Row 2022

Fargus

Arcane
Volition devs are not learning animals

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
https://www.gamesradar.com/saints-row-review-2022/
Don't get me wrong - developer Volition has made obvious and commendable adjustments to the Saints Row formula to help contemporize it and ensure we don't play a game with the same ideologies as one made during the pre-TikTok, pre-COVID, pre-Brexit, pre-Trump era. The new Saints are young, diverse, and openly queer.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

toughasnails

qh1uZbM.png
This HAS to be a joke right
Most likely. From what I saw everything political in this game is packed in humor and irony which serves as a shield.
I very much doubt they'd have the balls to be THAT blunt.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I can't find the strength to watch a playthrough. Let alone pollute my SSD space with this crap.
Out of all the reviews I saw, literally only 1 had average to somewhat positive things to say about it: namely the woke stuff about the characters. That's it. I think it was gamespot review but I'm not sure and I'm not looking for it again.

Silentstorm

Learned
Leftists always double down and will always blame right-wing CHUDS for the failure of the game.
...Here's the thing, i know people from both sides and my leftists friends did not care about what they saw as well, and most left-wing gamers too, not because it wasn't pozzed enough or some crap like that, no, it's because the game just looked bad, soulless and without any charm, it's worth noting that only some rare sites like Destructoid give good reviews and even a lot of game journalists at best give it a 5/10 and if you read the reviews it kinda feels like the score should be lower, Youtube reviewers just loathe the game and it isn't selling well.

Volition can complain and blame whoever they want, but from what i can see and people i talk to, this is a game where both left and right gamers looked at a game and decided it sucks and lost interest in it only coming to threads to mock it...even the people who the game was marketed to thought the game was lame and sales seem to be reflecting that.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
A lot of the cringey zoomer/millenial shit is obscufated with irony. People who like that shit will think they're only playfully making fun of those characters, while those who hate them will think the jokes are a genuine jab at them.

I've watched a bit more of it, and the biggest criticism is how boring it is.

It's not a terrible, it just hovers around 6 and 7 out of 10 for the most part.

I think it visually looks pretty good myself. Then again I'm and oldfag and still wowed by graphics from 2002.

Last edited:

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Didn't IdolNinja die like 4 years ago now? Didn't Volition promise that they'd finish the SR2 remaster in his memory? I wonder what happened to that.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Shit game made by cucked milenials desperately wanting to be loved by Zoomers. Old Saints Row and GTAs were never desperate to be loved by anyone. They just kicked ass, told you to eat dick and people loved them

Gastrick

Cipher

This guy takes journos too seriously, thinking that their opinion has any value at all compared to audience score, even if they randomly got it right this time. They're quite openly corrupt, are biased towards their woke agenda, and are even worse popamolers than your average gamer.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
A lot of the cringey zoomer/millenial shit is obscufated with irony. People who like that shit will think they're only playfully making fun of those characters, while those who hate them will think the jokes are a genuine jab at them.

I think it looks pretty good myself. Then again I'm and oldfag and still wowed by graphics from 2002.

Isn't 5 = Average? You seem to want to like this game. Just buckle the fuck down and buy it then.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

This guy takes journos too seriously, thinking that their opinion has any value at all compared to audience score, even if they randomly got it right this time. They're quite openly corrupt, are biased towards their woke agenda, and are even worse popamolers than your average gamer.

He just gives his takes. It's the content that matters. I care less about the delivery.

I think it looks pretty good myself. Then again I'm and oldfag and still wowed by graphics from 2002.

Isn't 5 = Average? You seem to want to like this game. Just buckle the fuck down and buy it then.

With the exposure on ratings blown wide open that all reviews start at 5 when it comes to access media. They give a 1 star game a 5 out of 10 just to keep access with the game company/publisher. Thus, when you see a 5-7 the game is respectively 1, 2, and 3 stars.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers, developers

Developers make games. Based devs make based and fun games. Cringe, fat, tranny, beta male, pig women, far left devs make shit games

People will never learn this incredibly simple lesson :-D. Always check Devs' twitter. If they don't have one, get excited for good game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom