Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Space Wreck finally coming to Early Access on December 5th

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
This thread sure went to interesting places.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Oh, boy, I think a disclaimer is in order: if you were looking for a special non-binary or transgender character mode, you will be disappointed as the N-option - contrary to a popular misconception here - is not about that.

I already touched on what it is (TL;DW incel), but now I realize part of the confusion is imprecise messaging on this sensitive topic. Hence I decided to update the in-game description:

image.png

For the most part, it is mostly about who may or may not want to have sex with you, really.

Note that I also removed the SEX label. "Sex" is more often used in these discussions to refer to strictly biological features and in this case, this selector is not exactly that. While - yes - picking MAN or WOMAN does explicitly specify your biological sex; however choosing N does not: as N you can still be a man or woman (remember the incel?).

P.S.
I must admit, originally I chose SEX because a) it has 3 letters; b) it actually can mean "intercourse" in this case; c) it is always funny to write SEX where everyone can see it.

Oh, boy, I think a disclaimer is in order: if you were looking for a special non-binary or transgender character mode, you will be disappointed as the N-option - contrary to a popular misconception here - is not about that.

I already touched on what it is (TL;DW incel), but now I realize part of the confusion is imprecise messaging on this sensitive topic. Hence I decided to update the in-game description:

image.png

For the most part, it is mostly about who may or may not want to have sex with you, really.

Note that I also removed the SEX label. "Sex" is more often used in these discussions to refer to strictly biological features and in this case, this selector is not exactly that. While - yes - picking MAN or WOMAN does explicitly specify your biological sex; however choosing N does not: as N you can still be a man or woman (remember the incel?).

P.S.
I must admit, originally I chose SEX because a) it has 3 letters; b) it actually can mean "intercourse" in this case; c) it is always funny to write SEX where everyone can see it.
Why not M / F ? Are you trying to appeal to some wider group that you think with this homo crap you will get more sales from? Otherwise why are you messing around? I think just stop playing silly gender games and choose who your customer is. Who are you trying to sell this to?

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I've seen worse ways to incorporate this gender neutral shit into games. I'd prefer it if it weren't there at all, but hey, I'm not the one making it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why not M / F ? Are you trying to appeal to some wider group that you think with this homo crap you will get more sales from? Otherwise why are you messing around? I think just stop playing silly gender games and choose who your customer is. Who are you trying to sell this to?
Consider that he's just a guy who thinks enbies are heckin' cute and valid.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
explain how this is different from a male with low charm
A male with low charm could still very well be identified as male.
The way I understood it, in this case, someone just couldn't tell if the character is M or F, like a very androgynous person - but could still find the character charming.

Again, it would not encourage anyone to become non-binary.
The problem lies in people having problems and proceeding to project the "non-binary-etc-propaganda" unto themselves thinking "well, I guess this was my problem all along! I can finaly belong!". This is dangerous to the individual and really quite sad. Slippery slopes and echo chambers are extra dangerous for people with mental health issues, and anyone would have to admit there has been a notable push in all types of media for this "everything-is-normal-and-good" shit. Not good.
I agree with this, actually.
However, a third gender option is not that - as I said multiple times, it's nothing but the acknowledgement of the existence of a (tiny!) group of people. Really damn harmless.
You are right about there being propaganda and messaging and virtue signaling going on - but simply offering a third choice without making the game or writing about it is not it.
It's not like you get a dropdown list with 20+ selections of all the currently "en vogue" genders :lol:

True, "everything-is-normal-and-good" is harmful. But some things we now know actually are normal (not as in "most do this" but as in "it exists and is fine") and perfectly okay.
You are just lumping something harmless in with all the bullshit and that's not very reflected. Things are not that black & white, they never are.

And in this particular case, it's not even what I wrote above and it seems we've all got it wrong. Instead it is about how others perceive you, ie can or can't tell if you are M or F.
It doesn't even seem to be a gender or sex selection to begin with, which is IMO a fine solution, as it makes it about being relevant to the mechanics and not so much a "dress up doll" thing.

Kamaz Why not change the "N" to "A" for androgynous, as that's what it seems to be anyway?

MasPingon

Arcane
People can identify as an animal, doesn't make them any less insane.
It is irrelevant what you think about other people's choices, how crazy you think it makes them.
There's no reason not to include them when there is clearly enough of a demand to do so, especially amongst your target audience (gamers).
Eat shit, milions of flies can't be wrong. There are many reasons, that's why we have philosophy, institutions(you know, like schools where you take biology lessons) and many people concerned, who don't want our society to be retarded. Utilitarianism is just one current of thought.

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Game feels very generic, like underrail in first year of development or worse. Give it circa 8 years and it might be good.
Increase the panning speed, because no one is gonna play this shit with slow ass panning.

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Game feels very generic, like underrail in first year of development or worse. Give it circa 8 years and it might be good.
Increase the panning speed, because no one is gonna play this shit with slow ass panning.

You can change that in the settings.

The settings dont do shit it change from "i want to poke my eyes" slow to - "i will sip my tea" slow.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
However, a third gender option is not that - as I said multiple times, it's nothing but the acknowledgement of the existence of a (tiny!) group of people. Really damn harmless.
You are right about there being propaganda and messaging and virtue signaling going on - but simply offering a third choice without making the game or writing about it is not it.
Don't pretend this instance is in any way solitary or not linked to the times; and yes, this is "virtue" signaling plain and simple. Not that I actually give a fuck, good game is a good game as long as it doesn't .

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer

You can change that in the settings.

The settings dont do shit it change from "i want to poke my eyes" slow to - "i will sip my tea" slow.
I increased maximum scrolling speed some 2x.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
"Fallout successor" that takes 5 hours for a playthrough, with one playthrough showing 60% of the content. If more than $9.99 on release it's a ripoff.

True.

Looks like just cash grab.
yeah, the game the guy has been working on since at least 2018 is definitely a quick cash grab. fucking dumb faggot go kill yourself.
$10? oh no! think of how many burgers you could buy and shove up your fat fucking ass for that money. how big of a fucking kike do you have to be to whine about a game being $10? the whole steam sale bullshit and everything else has completely fucked up people's expectations of what a games price should be.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
5 hours of QUALITY content that is replayable and offers multiple choices, approaches, endings, and even mutually exclusive paths through the game is worth much much much more than 50 hours of bland copypasta.

Short games are what we NEED to push through the issue of useless boring bloat that plagues every genre nowadays. Filler is shit. Good content is king.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
5 hours of QUALITY content that is replayable and offers multiple choices, approaches, endings, and even mutually exclusive paths through the game is worth much much much more than 50 hours of bland copypasta.

Short games are what we NEED to push through the issue of useless boring bloat that plagues every genre nowadays. Filler is shit. Good content is king.

You did notice "Neutral" gender, do you?
Get woke, get broke.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
"Fallout successor" that takes 5 hours for a playthrough, with one playthrough showing 60% of the content. If more than $9.99 on release it's a ripoff.

True.

Looks like just cash grab.
yeah, the game the guy has been working on since at least 2018 is definitely a quick cash grab. fucking dumb faggot go kill yourself.
$10? oh no! think of how many burgers you could buy and shove up your fat fucking ass for that money. how big of a fucking kike do you have to be to whine about a game being $10? the whole steam sale bullshit and everything else has completely fucked up people's expectations of what a games price should be.

Not giving my money to LGBTQTW+ activists, for sure.

Delphik

I frankly do not care that this game has an N choice or a Z choice or whatever, if the agenda doesn't ruin the quality of the gameplay or affect the story I couldn't care less.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This is what I recently posted in Gamergate thread :

When starting a game and character creation has "body types" instead of genders or additional genders like "nonbinary" that is a effective canary in the coal mine for the games overall wokeness.

Too bad because the game really looks interesting, but this shit is really off-putting, and I find it sad how many people have started to just accept and ignore this degeneracy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom