Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Wreck - post-apocalyptic space RPG inspired by Fallout

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Is there any way to mod in custom sountrack in game?
I think this fits my current character better.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This thing feels like it's being held together by duct tape and a piece of string. Clunkier than Russian shovelware.

But I'm having a blast exploring all the different ways to fuck around :salute:

Protip: remove all tags in dialogs and just go with the flow.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Went for what I guess is the shortest route through the game and got an ending.

I ended up jailed for a crime, but I don't even know what I did... other than kill the woman who took my engineer hostage.

Well, and I didn't solve any of the problems on the ship (elevator, locked food storage, etc) so the company I captained for was sued into oblivion lmao.

Time for a playthrough where I don't fuck everything up :lol:

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer

I ended up jailed for a crime, but I don't even know what I did... other than kill the woman who took my engineer hostage.

Well, and I didn't solve any of the problems on the ship (elevator, locked food storage, etc) so the company I captained for was sued into oblivion lmao.

How much time did the short run take? How much % did it unlock? Curious of real-world data.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron

How much time did the short run take? How much % did it unlock? Curious of real-world data.

Can't give an accurate percentage because I had some aborted playthroughs before it where I attempted other things, and the percentage in the main menu tracks everything you've seen.

Well, just checked and... the data got wiped again for some reason! I played through the game, unlocked several nodes, but the star map is empty again and tells me I have 0% unlocked. I don't know why it keeps happening, but it does. Gonna backup the file now, just to make sure.

Anyway, the shortest path took me maybe an hour after I already experimented with other approaches and had a rough idea on what to do.
Female character, high diplomacy and stealth.
Seduce Santa into lesbian sex, follow her to her room.
Sneak out while she sleeps, steal fuel for the shuttle and a chip for your ship.
Wake her up, go back out, return to shuttle, return to ship.
Punch out the millionaire and take the elevator keycard. Go through the cargo bay, float over to the other side, replace the damaged fuel chip.
Go back up to the bridge, be informed about pirates. Go to pirates.
Now here is where things got really bugged out to hell. I refused to hand over my weapons and fought the pirates. Kicked them all into space lmao, except for one whom I looted for his keys.
But then, when I went down the hatch while stealthed, nobody attacked me unless I tried talking to them! So I could just march past all the pirates without them reacting to my presence.
Managed to grab hairpins from lockers right next to pirates without them reacting. Opened the doors to engine room and torpedo room. Sabotaged the engine and weapons.
Returned to my shuttle and got back to my ship.
I think the final content amount I saw was less than 10% but I can't tell for sure because my progress is wiped again.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Well, just checked and... the data got wiped again for some reason! I played through the game, unlocked several nodes, but the star map is empty again and tells me I have 0% unlocked. I don't know why it keeps happening, but it does. Gonna backup the file now, just to make sure.

That is really interesting why it keeps happening. FYI: that data should be in `planet-spacewreck-meta.sw` file, along with basic settings, in-between-games stuff, your actual save games in `planet-spacewreck-save.sw`.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Yeah, the meta file seems to have changed just as I launched the game as its most recent change was today, while the latest actual save was yesterday.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer

There's an interesting (unlike neverending discussions about N) issue raised in the article - save system.

We have an almost single-slot system where your progress is constantly saved but it overwrites your previous save. Hence, you have to live with the consequences of your decisions but - as she argues - it limits "experimentation for curiosity's sake".

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1063540/view/3646257819396827261
Hotfix 1.2.10 - Steam Overlay support & fix for hostage situation
We enabled Steam Overlay by default. Also, there are some minor bug fixes.
A quick fix to address a potential bug when interacting with the hostage taker over the intercom.

Additionally, some minor fixes got pulled along:

• Fix animation sometimes not playing on hits.
  • Fix no sound when the shot misses.
  • Game stuck if the enemy & player is on the same tile and one of them attempts to kick the other into the void.

Steam-Overlay-Example.jpg

Additionally, additionally, thanks to help from players (shoutout to Rix and UN0W3N!), we have
Steam Overlay
properly enabled. Now you can easily make screenshots (F12) and use all of the other features as you wish.

Share the wildest space adventure screenshot with us!

Note
: because it is known that for some setups this rendering mode can cause issues, we have added an additional launch option - Launch in safe mode where support for the overlay is disabled in the application (as it was before). Use that, if you encounter any problems.

Ekr-nuz-mums-20221214-093151.png

MORE ABOUT THIS GAME

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1063540/view/6332655088365047406
Patch 1.2.13 - Fix bad respawn location & more
It's that time of the ... week(?) again - a fresh patch!

Ekr-nuz-mums-20221217-094210.png

This time game will try to relocate you to a safe position if, for whatever reason, you've been spawned off the map. If you had this issue before, worth loading that savegame - perhaps you'll be back where you need to!

• fix potential respawn issues
  • pirates will check for companions as well
  • fix Claudia's joke line
  • fix a few typos
  • make sure there's a vacuum in the BULTA engine compartment
  • fix the retreat option in the Hostage crisis
  • fix kiosk on Promenade
  • fix cutting through decks with Cutter saw

As usual, if anything - let us know in message boards or on discord!

Thank you for your support, reports, feedback, and kind reviews!

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Does this matter. Is your character name ever even referenced in the game? I guess it could be funny if you set your name at the beginning only to never have it brought up once in the game. Could also put in 100 different elaborate backgrounds which are also then never referenced or have any effect on the game since people simply like seeing lots of options in the character creator (like those old RPGs that have dozens of skills available at character creation and only a handful ever see use in the game).

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Does this matter. Is your character name ever even referenced in the game? I guess it could be funny if you set your name at the beginning only to never have it brought up once in the game. Could also put in 100 different elaborate backgrounds which are also then never referenced or have any effect on the game since people simply like seeing lots of options in the character creator (like those old RPGs that have dozens of skills available at character creation and only a handful ever see use in the game).

As I said, there was an outrage on NMA boards and it was easy to add name editing. Besides, some other people have complained about it before.

Space Wreck is intentionally lean - we reduced number of skills and attributes because in many games there are tons of skills that are not used at all in the game. Say, "outdoorsman" in Fallout and "small guns" or "speech" - do they seem of equal value? Not to me, hence we have very small number of skills but each of them, every rank in them do matter.

And this is the reason why we did not have character name editing in the first place: nobody cares about your name in the world. You are not a hero, there are no friends of acquaintances who know you, you are not a celebrity, you are just ...somebody. A random "captain" at best.

But, as I said, since it came up and it was easy to implement - why not. Especially if it helps some players to role-play / connect with their character better.

Last edited:

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Bought the game, will play later. How complete is it rn?

Thanks for buying it!

The game has 100% of the planned content - that means all the branching and non-linearity intended is there already. However, there are still bugs and required improvements. We keep updating it quite frequently for now (see the update history on Steam).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom