Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Wreck - post-apocalyptic space RPG inspired by Fallout

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Can't hear you from moans of my Polish gf. She's quite the Enjoyer of thiccc Balkan horsecock. Sweet and smart girl too, unlike her Brother above who wears underwear in colors of Ukraine and larps as Polish Asmongold on Codex

:cool: :hug::outrage:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Can't hear you from moans of my Polish gf. She's quite the Enjoyer of thiccc Balkan horsecock. Sweet and smart girl too, unlike her Brother above who wears underwear in colors of Ukraine and larps as Polish Asmongold on Codex

Imagine anyone believing you have a girlfriend, a Polish one at that.

While in reality:
MXLzrA.gif

0wca

Learned
Ok just finished 2nd level. Some bugs I found:
  • If the captain is drugged but his key was taken away prior (but was put back in his inventory) he says he can't open the door to his room. It creates this weird thing where he's stuck in his room but the game thinks he's in the infirmary. Quest still works tho (drugging his water bottle).
  • The story for the ship quest is bugged like the story for the first ship on level 1. It doesn't clear from my log either as complete or failed even though I got 3 pieces of information (yes including the one from the bow terminal).
  • Food Bank raid quest doesn't complete even though I broke in and stole the food/water and brought it to the green safe for the Homecoming quest. I broke in through the vent, so that's probably why it won't complete.
  • Patrick ambushed me at shuttle and I realized that if I give him the keys to the shuttle I can't continue the game because the other shuttle was taken by the Homecoming crew. Ended up shooting him with the insta-kill gun and the other two guys didn't give a shit (lol). Also feels kind of weird how he managed to escape since I was the only one who had the keycard to his cell not him and I didn't let him go.
  • One of the vents to the maintenance room on level 2 (or was it the food bank?) is named a goo container or something and actually contains algae (doesn't work as a vent).
  • First two bugged quests from level 1 still in my log on level 3.

Oh yeah, also companions seem pretty bugged in combat. It comes to their turn and they often just skip it even if they have an easy shot on the target.

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

While in reality:
MXLzrA.gif
Will post pics soon in Pics Thread, don't worry. I see you wanna see, without saying you wanna see. Got it. ;) Challenge accepted
:thumbsup:

Serus

Arcane
Patron

While in reality:
MXLzrA.gif
Will post pics soon in Pics Thread, don't worry. I see you wanna see, without saying you wanna see. Got it. ;) Challenge accepted
:thumbsup:
Loss of time. I don't expect many people, even on the Codex, would want to see photos of your hand. On the other hand, maybe someone will want to, it is the Codex after all so be our guest.

How this thread came to this, I'm not sure. Ah sorry, i remembered, the same reason as above - Codex. Can we go back to Space Wreck?

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
With that being said, I played the demo five years ago, and it ran just fine in my computer. Now I get ridiculous loading times and my fans are spinning with every ounce of juice they’ve got to keep my computer from bursting in flames. What the fuck? This might take the cake for worst optimization I’ve seen in any game ever, and it’s fucking 2D!

Interesting. In the next update, I am reducing the memory footprint a bit... but I am not sure what causes this. ^

On a side note, would appreciate a color configuration for the UI that wasn’t blindingly bright. Can we just get light gray text on black background?

The LCD colour scheme was not to your liking? IMO it's pretty bland.

The only thing I did was give the guy guarding our ships cargo sleeping pills.

Well, this is awkward. What I suspect happened is that game decided that the guard was sort of dead. I will have to double check.

Was your arrest explicitly stated in text or just the movie with cops in spaceport?

Üstad

Arcane
It's AoD the way it should have been.

Disagree with this. Age of Decadence would never have challenges and solutions revolving around immersive sim-style physics mechanics. Completely different world design approach.

What you do in AoD is very rarely based on "coincidental" physical features of the spaces you're exploring. You're not a scrappy adventurer like that, it's all about being a power player who makes decisions at a higher level.
I remember a bunch of quests in the Boatmen path where I really noticed how restrictive the text adventure approach is compared to the imsim approach.

Don't remember the names, but you're supposed to break into a woman's manor to whack her. There are several options for getting in and finding your way to her room, including using a rope to climb up a balcony.
This scene in particular would have worked so much better if you could explore the manor's grounds on your own and figure out the approach yourself, instead of simply picking from a list.
It's kill Lorenza quest, I enjoyed killing her and whacking her female guards.

Togukawa

Savant
Patron
It's a pretty nice game, but this is now the fifth time the game played the "combat alert" sound a few thousand times in a second and became completely unresponsive.
It seems to happen only when I have an ally with me.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
It's a pretty nice game, but this is now the fifth time the game played the "combat alert" sound a few thousand times in a second and became completely unresponsive.
It seems to happen only when I have an ally with me.

I am sorry, this sounds really suboptimal. I haven't noticed this issue, just did a quick test run with a companion. Would you mind sharing your save game with me?

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Space Wreck Saves\<Steam ID number>

Togukawa

Savant
Patron
It was during moon training, and instead of redoing it I continued playing past it. If I get to a point where it happens again I'll send a save close to that.

By the way,
I'm on the big asteroid ship now, and instead of entering the elevator I took some stairs somewhere, and now I'm walking around in space suit and with weapon. If I talk to the Chief she acts as if I took the elevator and proceeds to disarm me. If I don't talk to her I can just keep going. I hacked the elevator and went to level 3, talking to the captain in my spacesuit etc. Once in a while someone comes up and I need to Speech check them that I talked to the Chief. But I guess something is going to break fatally down the line.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
It was during moon training, and instead of redoing it I continued playing past it. If I get to a point where it happens again I'll send a save close to that.

Fair enough, thanks for reporting.

By the way,
I'm on the big asteroid ship now, and instead of entering the elevator I took some stairs somewhere, and now I'm walking around in space suit and with weapon. If I talk to the Chief she acts as if I took the elevator and proceeds to disarm me. If I don't talk to her I can just keep going. I hacked the elevator and went to level 3, talking to the captain in my spacesuit etc. Once in a while someone comes up and I need to Speech check them that I talked to the Chief. But I guess something is going to break fatally down the line.

It is intentional that you can get inside by bypassing the elevator. I added these suspicion checks for such occasions but in general, kurbadeers get visited by traders and the whole "no-spacesuit" thing is more or less Chief's initiative in your specific case. There's a bit of an optional subplot that touches on that. Most people assume that if you are here, Chief should've vetted you already. Though...Chief should've tried to stop you on sight, not just if you engaged her.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
The only thing I did was give the guy guarding our ships cargo sleeping pills.

Well, this is awkward. What I suspect happened is that game decided that the guard was sort of dead. I will have to double check.

Was your arrest explicitly stated in text or just the movie with cops in spaceport?

Turns out, you did actually murder that guard and the police were right to arrest you. Sort of.
The pills were supposed to knock him out but they killed him.
Bug.

Thanks for finding this!

0wca

Learned
Finished the game. Was a fun experience, you can definitely tell it was a labor of love from the creator and it does a lot of things right.

The good:
  • Re-playability with 6 main story endings and lots of C&C and reactivity.
  • Basic but effective RPG system. You can't be good at everything.
  • Combat is very basic but has a lot of hidden moves that unlock for certain builds.
  • Simple XP progression with positive/negative perks and adding points to skills.
  • Large and varied levels.
  • LOTS of different ways to solve problems. Much praise on that one.
  • Good atmosphere for the different wrecks.
  • Actually pretty interesting NPCs that have some interesting stories and dialogue.
  • A story that's not centered on the player as this 'awesome guy who's going to save the world' and doesn't throw a ton of backstory at you.
  • No really bad woke shit as far as I can tell.

The meh
  • VERY short game (I know this was advertised). Was hoping for at least a 4th or 5th wreck to explore.
  • While the game has good atmosphere, it could benefit from more particle effects and moving parts (blinking lights, smoke, floating debris, etc.)
  • Could probably give a bit more of an XP increase for quests and such. I had maxed out Work stat and it felt kind of normal gain even though it was 200%.
  • Inventory management can be kind of a pain even though the game clearly states that you can't take everything with you.
  • Some janky movements and broken pathfinding in some cases.

The bad
  • Needs a bit more patches to iron out some quest breaks (some don't complete in the log even though they can't be completed anymore).
  • Companion AI is wonky at times and sometimes breaks completely (won't shoot enemy in clear LOS and skip turn instead).

Overall a fun experience, if very short.

Here's some ideas for an expansion/dlc/patch:
  • Add more wrecks. 1 or 2 should extend the playtime significantly and it will still count as a 'short game'.
  • More ending slides. It seems the game only tells you about the few significant areas but not other NPCs. Wish there was a slide for Bob as well as Patrick (I saved Bob and killed Patrick, yet the game didn't say anything about it).
  • Add a bit more armor/weapon variety. There's a decent amount of variety for other items.
  • Bug fixes. Fix the broken quests and janky movements as well as wonky companion AI. Also try to speed up loading screens a bit.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
half of my robot army got stuck somewhere. Any way to spawn them at my location? They were carrying items for me.

Speaking of, accessing drones inventory is annoying, it would be so much better if they just expanded your carry weight.

Besides deterministic pill i cant find ratchet anywhere. Seems like tools cant be crafted either

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
I had Ingrid with me, then I entered VR. Upon closing VR she was gone. Where did she go?
I have bad news. Let me know if you need to rescue her - send me your save file and I'll save her.

1.3.21 version on BETA branch "latest" has the fix. I'll push it to general after some minor testing.

I think the same fate befell your robots, lukaszek. Let me know if you need them back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom