Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Wreck - post-apocalyptic space RPG inspired by Fallout

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jordan Dube said:
I only had one chance to hack computer systems so if I failed I couldn’t complete my main task (I actually didn’t know my main task, the descriptions in Space Wreck are completely vague and unhelpful).
For reference, I played Space Wreck on Early Access launch, when it was still super buggy and filled with typos.

I solved the first area in 4 different ways and only one involved combat.
IIRC none of them involved hacking.

One of them involved lesbian sex. :M

This guy is just retarded.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Kamaz if you convince me that in Space Wreck you can become a space wreck I'll gladly buy it and type out a meaty review (could be also in Polish if you need exposure in ethnic languages)

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's AoD the way it should have been.

Disagree with this. Age of Decadence would never have challenges and solutions revolving around immersive sim-style physics mechanics. Completely different world design approach.

What you do in AoD is very rarely based on "coincidental" physical features of the spaces you're exploring. You're not a scrappy adventurer like that, it's all about being a power player who makes decisions at a higher level.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron

I solved the first area in 4 different ways and only one involved combat.
IIRC none of them involved hacking.

One of them involved lesbian sex. :M
Was your character involved in lesbian sex or just watching?
Involved, of course.

You can seduce a chick and convince her to sneak you onto her ship on the promise you won't leave her bedroom, then sneak out and steal the ship lmao.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
It's AoD the way it should have been.

Disagree with this. Age of Decadence would never have challenges and solutions revolving around immersive sim-style physics mechanics. Completely different world design approach.

What you do in AoD is very rarely based on "coincidental" physical features of the spaces you're exploring. You're not a scrappy adventurer like that, it's all about being a power player who makes decisions at a higher level.
I remember a bunch of quests in the Boatmen path where I really noticed how restrictive the text adventure approach is compared to the imsim approach.

Don't remember the names, but you're supposed to break into a woman's manor to whack her. There are several options for getting in and finding your way to her room, including using a rope to climb up a balcony.
This scene in particular would have worked so much better if you could explore the manor's grounds on your own and figure out the approach yourself, instead of simply picking from a list.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
The text adventure stuff in AoD was much more fitting for diplomatic characters. There's plenty of instances with other builds that the game could have greatly benefited from a more exploratory and interactive approach. It's a huge problem with AoD in general and something that holds it back as an RPG.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Involved, of course.

You can seduce a chick and convince her to sneak you onto her ship on the promise you won't leave her bedroom, then sneak out and steal the ship lmao.

And she is really pissed afterwards in the full-release version.

^ We expanded that a bit in the full version. Similar microchanges are throughout the game in addition to obvious content updates.

Terra

Cipher
For reference, I played Space Wreck on Early Access launch, when it was still super buggy and filled with typos.
Yeah, this aspect was what stood out to me most when I played the demo previously. Even now, I can still see typos and odd turns of phrasing in the steam store screenshots that make it readily apparent a non-native speaker wrote the dialogue. As such, I'm expecting a Tale of Wuxia tier translation as it stands but will wait for some opinions of other Codexers; hopefully the text will have been ironed out, I haven't been following development closely after all. I don't want another game where I'm having to do a double take every other line just to comprehend the intention behind it lol.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
hopefully the text will have been ironed out, I haven't been following development closely after all. I don't want another game where I'm having to do a double take every other line just to comprehend the intention behind it lol.
We did invest certain effort in improving the texts (all 110,000 words of it :/) but I don't think it'll satisfy your requirements.

Thankfully reading is somewhat optional too. Pretty sure You can skip 99% of it.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Yeah, this aspect was what stood out to me most when I played the demo previously. Even now, I can still see typos and odd turns of phrasing in the steam store screenshots that make it readily apparent a non-native speaker wrote the dialogue. As such, I'm expecting a Tale of Wuxia tier translation as it stands but will wait for some opinions of other Codexers; hopefully the text will have been ironed out, I haven't been following development closely after all. I don't want another game where I'm having to do a double take every other line just to comprehend the intention behind it lol.
The translation is slightly wonky, but it's wonky in an Eastern European way, not in an Asian way.
It's much easier to understand a wonky Eastern Euro translation than a wonky Chinese one.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
By the way, I just added a new feature - Web canisters, non-lethal blocking grenades that alter your combat area. Could be useful for crowd control or smth.

ezgif-com-optimize-1.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:yeah:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1063540/view/3711586646043885940

Space Wreck launched!
What would you do stranded in a post-apocalyptic space wasteland?

LAUNCH!

0cfecc83203964a9e712c80ebf2ef44d433c4037.gif

The post-apocalyptic hardcore role-playing adventure Space Wreck is now fully available for You!

Your character, your gameplay
Create a character of your liking - strongman or weakling, talker or an extremely shy introvert, ugly repulsive blob or charming sexy model - and kick them into a space of derelict stations and dilapidated spaceships, searching for the one thing - a fuel chip - that can get you home!

69cedc82f8f7ab3da0bd972f3f029e1be0cfe966.gif

(...You and tens of innocent passengers, actually. If you care about that sort of thing, I mean.)

Intentionally short but surprisingly deep

58dbc4248db42c17ecdfc733620e8cef8d013415.png

The game is as long as a movie - but you dictate the action and whatever you do, branches the plot in its own unique path. And best of all - if you liked it, play it again later, it's made to be replayable from the very first moment til the ...err... every one of the ends.

Your story, your rules

353387d0b2c76efef27e141270ab66de94e12ae9.gif

There are hardly any spoilers for this game, Do you succeed? Yes. And no. Do you meet pirates? Yes...and no. Do you get home? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno, man! I mean, how it ends - it depends on you, not me!

So, jump in and find out what YOUR story is!

And if you like, share it with us! We cannot wait to learn about your adventures!

9027d6565d0c3c07db3895f3a09a619da766e58d.gif

P.S.

A new start
If you've played Space Wreck before - huge props for that, by the way! - you'll have to start a new play-through because the old save files are not compatible with the world changes. The files are still available to you (e.g. for backup) but you won't be able to load them.

You still should be able to try the demo and then continue the same story & character in the full version. Granted, of course, it is the new demo.

PlayerEmers

Educated
By the way, I just added a new feature - Web canisters, non-lethal blocking grenades that alter your combat area. Could be useful for crowd control or smth.

ezgif-com-optimize-1.gif
interesting
does it act as a wall (can't walk or shoot through) when its deployed or is just an area of effect for instant paralyzed status effect?

anyways, congrats for the 1.0 launch :salute:

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Phew. Thanks for keeping up the beat.

Just the moment when I was pressing the launch button, electricity went out.

But it seems it released and published the news alright. Catching up...
does it act as a wall (can't walk or shoot through) when its deployed or is just an area of effect for instant paralyzed status effect?

It acts as a wall, yes. There's another grenade - Shock grenade - that causes just the paralyze effect.
anyways, congrats for the 1.0 launch :salute:
Thank you!

1696962197336.png

Frak yeah, baby!

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer

:love:

Are you going to expand the game or only do bugfixes? Need to know when it would be an optimal time to play.

There are no further expansions planned at this time.

Having said that, I occasionally add a feature or tweak something, cannot help it. But the active phase of Space Wreck development should be winding down.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom