Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Wreck - post-apocalyptic space RPG inspired by Fallout

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Finally bought this (just to support the team, I like the idea and direction they are trying to do with this). I'm still in the I'm just still trying to understand how shit works and fucking around phase. :D

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I started playing Space Wreck and greatly admire this effort from a small but obviously very creative team.

My character is pathetically weak, but charming and focused female space captain so I avoid combat entirely and talk/hack/tinker my way through challenges, or squeeze through ventilation system if all else fails.

Btw, Kamaz I think I found a bug: when Peterson (on the big wreck with busted engines) asked me to take junk out of Gardener's room and place it in the red barell (junk bin) in Peterson's room, I found I cannot interact with the barrell. Peterson acts like I'm trying to rob it and tells me not to touch it. I tried throwing junk at the red container, but no effect. Placing it on the floor just irritates Pererson who tells me not to litter.

Anyway, I really enjoy the different ways to solve quests. When I beat SW with my current captain I'll replay it again with a blaster wielding commando, solving every challenge with pure violence.

Last edited:

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Btw, @Kamaz I think I found a bug: when Peterson (on the big wreck with busted engines) asked me to take junk out of Gardener's room and place it in the red barell (junk bin) in Peterson's room, I found I cannot interact with the barrell. Peterson acts like I'm trying to rob it and tells me not to touch it. I tried throwing junk at the red container, but no effect. Placing it on the floor just irritates Pererson who tells me not to litter.
Wtf, people complain about this but I cannot reproduce it myself to fix it. Aaargh!

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Btw, @Kamaz I think I found a bug: when Peterson (on the big wreck with busted engines) asked me to take junk out of Gardener's room and place it in the red barell (junk bin) in Peterson's room, I found I cannot interact with the barrell. Peterson acts like I'm trying to rob it and tells me not to touch it. I tried throwing junk at the red container, but no effect. Placing it on the floor just irritates Pererson who tells me not to litter.
Wtf, people complain about this but I cannot reproduce it myself to fix it. Aaargh!
Come to think of it, there might be a 2nd bug - I think I didn't get any xp for solving Natasha's quest with stolen jewelry (at least it was not communicated to me in the usual way, with the xp bar filling up).

She gave me some of her shrooms, as a reward but I didn't need them anymore, stole some from her private stash earlier.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ok, finished my 1st playthrough with my weakling seducer-hacker-negotiator. Got good results for the scavengers on the space station, I think the best results for the crew of the big ship, and managed to fool and avoid the pirates. Also, it was a pacifist run - I did not engage in any combat. Killed only 1 person (one of the pirates, first incapacitated with a spray of sleeping drugs, but later decided to finish off, just to be sure he'll not wake up for the final confrontation. Perhaps even that wasn't needed). Still, I only got to know 23% of the story. Going to replay soon!

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Ok, finished my 1st playthrough with my weakling seducer-hacker-negotiator. Got good results for the scavengers on the space station, I think the best results for the crew of the big ship, and managed to fool and avoid the pirates. Also, it was a pacifist run - I did not engage in any combat. Killed only 1 person (one of the pirates, first incapacitated with a spray of sleeping drugs, but later decided to finish off, just to be sure he'll not wake up for the final confrontation. Perhaps even that wasn't needed). Still, I only got to know 23% of the story. Going to replay soon!

what the fuck is wrong with you?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Also, it was a pacifist run - I did not engage in any combat. Killed only 1 person (one of the pirates, first incapacitated with a spray of sleeping drugs, but later decided to finish off, just to be sure he'll not wake up for the final confrontation.

Cool

Now you can move onto adventure games

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Also, it was a pacifist run - I did not engage in any combat. Killed only 1 person (one of the pirates, first incapacitated with a spray of sleeping drugs, but later decided to finish off, just to be sure he'll not wake up for the final confrontation.

Cool

Now you can move onto adventure games
Nah, I'll finish my Cyberpunk campaign and come back to Space Wreck to do a commando playthrough.

There is an achievement for completing the game with 1 Charm and 1 Speech. And I want it!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kamaz

is Santa only allow you to
sneak inside the SPIRIDITIS if you fix the auto-med for her? i didnt pick tinker this time so i just helped her find enough nomen. then a dialogue appeared said it's enough, now she won't go back to the dance floor area (she's in reception) and just stood there forever

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Kamaz

sneak inside the SPIRIDITIS if you fix the auto-med for her? i didnt pick tinker this time so i just helped her find enough nomen. then a dialogue appeared said it's enough, now she won't go back to the dance floor area (she's in reception) and just stood there forever

It's probably because of your character build
- sexually she prefers good-looking women and most likely you don't fit either of the criteria And without sex you cannot use her to get inside (no pun intended) SPRIDITIS.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Kamaz

It's probably because of your character build
- sexually she prefers good-looking women and most likely you don't fit either of the criteria And without sex you cannot use her to get inside (no pun intended) SPRIDITIS.
But i am playing 5 charm and 4 speech female this time. It seems that she cannoy use the elevator down so she is stuck

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Kamaz

now i cannot talk to this guy? a bug?

ernest from your ship
20231028190750_1.jpg

edit: he seemed just to be a fodder NPC, it's just hte "this person does not want talk to you" prompt didnt appear

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
But i am playing 5 charm and 4 speech female this time. It seems that she cannoy use the elevator down so she is stuck

Ah, then maybe
you had your chance to bond (and have sex) while exploring the station together. (Adventure, romance, excitement!) But since that's over now, she is back to her routine. That's the formal reason, if I recall correctly.

Kamaz

now i cannot talk to this guy? a bug?

ernest from your ship
View attachment 42720

edit: he seemed just to be a fodder NPC, it's just hte "this person does not want talk to you" prompt didnt appear

Mmm, yeah. He is one of the first NPCs I added to the game 6-7 years ago. It might be that the game considers him "noteworthy" but does not have an attached dialog anymore.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Literally rpg codex:

Want RPG with tons of options!

Kamaz release one. Players tried different options

Rpg codex: waaaaaah there's non combat option! Developer literally pussy, players literally pussy! Eaaaaaawaaah
That wasn't a dig at the dev for including options, it was a dig at Lord_Potato for being a cringepole.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
That wasn't a dig at the dev for including options, it was a dig at Lord_Potato for being a cringepole.
Space Wreck does many things right, but its combat is not very advanced. You mostly fight alone or with AI controlled allies that aren't much of an aid (unless you have charm 4+ and can directly command them in battle, but with such stat distribution it's better to avoid fighting at all), have limited amount of attacks/decisions to make and it requires a minimum of tactics. That's certainly not the meat of the game, that's why it's entirely optional.

Also, the stat and skill system is much more stingy than in Fallout. Unlike F1&2 you cannot create a smoothtalking, lockpicking sharpshooter. You have to choose and specialize. Levelups are few and you only get 1 skill point or 2 perks (1 positive&1 negative) each time you advance.

For all these reasons diplomatic/hacking/tinkering/stealth playthroughs are much more interesting than a pure combat one. You have to think and search for alternative solutions, work around enemies instead of directly facing them. It also allows you to get acquainted with the lore of the game, because attribute and skill points that would otherwise be spent on combat-related talents can be invested into focus, charm, speech and computer sciences, used to extract the secrets of Space Wreck.

This isn't a combatfag game, that's probably why luj1 is acting so weird around it.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom