Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Wreck - post-apocalyptic space RPG inspired by Fallout

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Beat the game, took me 9 hours. 3 short, succinct acts - I really like it. Good job man, especially impressive that this is essentially a one-man job! I'll get around to creating a totally different character now that I know what I need to be doing to get to the next act.
Nice! Thanks for sharing the playtime 'n progress, that's one of the things which is hard to judge in testing. It's a bit more than I was estimating, 3-5 hours but still, I am glad more than few people appreciate the shortness as a design decision.

xuerebx

Erudite
Beat the game, took me 9 hours. 3 short, succinct acts - I really like it. Good job man, especially impressive that this is essentially a one-man job! I'll get around to creating a totally different character now that I know what I need to be doing to get to the next act.
Nice! Thanks for sharing the playtime 'n progress, that's one of the things which is hard to judge in testing. It's a bit more than I was estimating, 3-5 hours but still, I am glad more than few people appreciate the shortness as a design decision.

I was thinking of creating a new thread asking for similarly short games. At this point in my life I don't have too much time for gaming so I really appreciate short (good) games. I'll leave a review on Steam to boost your game a bit.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

xuerebx

Erudite
Ah, so it has been done. I actually had rated your post before but forgot about it. Thanks!

Beans00

Augur
Going to get a bunch of hate for this but after 90 minutes playing this game I legitimately have a migraine. I don't think there's ever been a bigger disconnect in my brain between wanting to like something and finding it completely unenjoyable.

When I read about the premise for this game I was super interested. Fallout/arcanum/ fallout 2 mods/ atom/ underrail ect ect, these are my favorite types of games, so something like this in sci fi sounded super appealing to me.

I feel like everything in this game is designed to be a wet dream for someone with OCD. I basically only explored the upper level of the first map and maybe a few other bits here and there(I didn't get the fuel yet).
Seriously why do hairpins break after one use? Why do screwdrivers and wrenches break after one use? It's just needless autism designed to waste my time. I guess my mistake for only taking 2 physical and not being able to carry dick all.

TDbaOzk.png

Why is there no 'sort by weight' or 'sort by alphabetical order'? From what I can tell the entire game(I'm only assuming this gets worse later on) revolves around rummaging around garbage in your inventory. How has no one else complained about this? Or if they have I just haven't seen any posts. I feel like I spent like a third of my 90 minutes scrolling through garbage in my inventory, putting garbage on a shelf and picking up other garbage I needed from other shelves to complete x task.

I'm only talking about the first area here, although from what people have said this game is pretty short so I don't know what % of the game the first area is. I found myself literally running back and forth between lockers to pick up random garbage because my gimp(again maybe my fault for making a character with 2 physical) of a character can barely carry anything.

Also, and I don't usually like save scumming too much and despite this game doing some deus ex/system shock 2 multiple solutions to every problem. There's still alot of inconvenience and reloading, which I'm not complaining about. So lets say I run up to a robot to try and hack and disable it, I fuck up and it shoots and kills me. No problem but why does it take like 90 seconds to load saved in this commodore 64 looking game?

When I first tried underrail I absolutely hated it. I quit before even making it to depot A. A few days, maybe a week later I restarted it, got through the beginning and ended up really enjoying the game. I'm not sure if I need to restart space wreck with a different character or something but man this game gave me a headache. There's a chance I'll make a post on this topic in the future 'man I was so retarded haha I actually love this game'. First impressions though, are absolutely terrible.

There's probably other stuff I could bitch about, maybe I'll try it again with a different character because my opinion 29 carry capacity is un fucking playable.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
You're not wrong. The game's good but the QoL/UI is abysmal. As in, frustratingly bad.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
also loading times, both transition and waiting for terminals to boot...
as for weight, you dont need any of that, dont even need to carry a weapon but how is new player going to know that?

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
as for weight, you dont need any of that, dont even need to carry a weapon but how is new player going to know that?

image.png

Why do screwdrivers and wrenches break after one use?

Screwdrivers break if you critically fail a tinker skill check. If your tinker is very low (1...2), it is more likely than if you are somewhat handy with power tools (3+). That's a consequence of your chosen character build.

Having said that, yes, some of the items are consumed, that is true.

Why is there no 'sort by weight' or 'sort by alphabetical order'?

Valid critique.

From what I can tell the entire game(I'm only assuming this gets worse later on) revolves around rummaging around garbage in your inventory.

You need only Fuel cell, Fuel regulator and a space suit to complete the game. Maaaaaybe some keycards, not sure. Everything else is trash and optional as the tutorial states.

So lets say I run up to a robot to try and hack and disable it, I fuck up and it shoots and kills me.
That's my fault for not communicating it clearly, but the idea here is that robot killing you is...expected? I sort of treat the gameplay as an ironman/yolo/permadeath sequence where the game load is not part of the gameplay. Would you carelessly run towards a dangerous hostile machine in real life? (I know 'real life' is a terrible argument but in this case we tried to somewhat use that reasoning in level design.) Why not just go the other way?
First impressions though, are absolutely terrible.

That's fair.

Last edited:

Beans00

Augur

So lets say I run up to a robot to try and hack and disable it, I fuck up and it shoots and kills me.
That's my fault for not communicating it clearly, but the idea here is that robot killing you is...expected? I sort of treat the gameplay as an ironman/yolo/permadeath sequence where the game load is not part of the gameplay. Would you carelessly run towards a dangerous hostile machine in real life? (I know 'real life' is a terrible argument but in this case we tried to somewhat use that reasoning in level design.) Why not just go the other way?

To be clear, I'm not bitching about dying(or reloading after a skill check). I'm bitching about your game for some reason taking like 90 seconds to load saves.

xuerebx

Erudite
For the loading speed - mine is slow too for some reason and my rig isn't shabby.

Sorting by weight seems like something which can easily be fixed.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Kamaz

is Santa only allow you to
sneak inside the SPIRIDITIS if you fix the auto-med for her? i didnt pick tinker this time so i just helped her find enough nomen. then a dialogue appeared said it's enough, now she won't go back to the dance floor area (she's in reception) and just stood there forever

It's probably because of your character build
- sexually she prefers good-looking women and most likely you don't fit either of the criteria And without sex you cannot use her to get inside (no pun intended) SPRIDITIS.

="I used the default 'talker' build and did not get that option after fixing the autodoc and getting her norplant. Passed the earlier checks"

I've played through 3 of the main ending branches but can't join the scavs.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
"I used the default 'talker' build and did not get that option after fixing the autodoc and getting her norplant. Passed the earlier checks"

For better or worse, this was intended. Canonically she is super happy you resolved her menstruation problems but, she's shy and insecure, so being forced to expose to you her issues with her bodily functions thing sort of kills the sex mood. Mechanically this is an example where quest has two self-exclusive branches - either you do menstruation thing or sex thing. And also, this is a skill-check failure branch - if you succeed at sex skill-check roll, you cannot do menstruation stuff.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
"I used the default 'talker' build and did not get that option after fixing the autodoc and getting her norplant. Passed the earlier checks"

For better or worse, this was intended. Canonically she is super happy you resolved her menstruation problems but, she's shy and insecure, so being forced to expose to you her issues with her bodily functions thing sort of kills the sex mood. Mechanically this is an example where quest has two self-exclusive branches - either you do menstruation thing or sex thing. And also, this is a skill-check failure branch - if you succeed at sex skill-check roll, you cannot do menstruation stuff.
Now that is a , er, unique questline.
Is joining the scavs a requirement for one of the last two endings?

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Is joining the scavs a requirement for one of the last two endings?

Yes, joining scavengers is one of the endings and also an achievement - Egoist. It is, though, a bit like easter-egg / somewhat exotic one.

I can't get the tech millionaire to talk to me after returning to gather the ransom.

Otherwise: 4/5 endings, except for the scavs, 64% story. gg

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
I can't get the tech millionaire to talk to me after returning to gather the ransom.

Did you piss him off? Did you repair the lift?
Not on this talkie run (by I assume fixing elevator myself or punching him in the face), unless convincing the other passengers that he was wrong is enough.

Joining scavs still a conundrum. I had all 4 of them as followers, scissored one and got the card to disable the bots for another. Won the card game. There is a missing piece of info as to why they are there someone isn't telling me.

="Is there any condition where the crew inside the Spiriditis is not hostile? It isn't difficult to either sedate the captain or asphyxiate both depending on build.."/SPOILER]

Last edited:

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Not on this talkie run (by I assume fixing elevator myself or punching him in the face), unless convincing the other passengers that he was wrong is enough.

Prolly need to check this one. Thanks for bringing this up!

There is a missing piece of info as to why they are there someone isn't telling me.

This is nothing spectacular, just a logical thing I decided to add to the game as it makes sense. So, I can tell you if you want - you need to learn about their plan from Ingrid and then bring it up with Vilnis right before the fuel situation is resolved. And, yes, you need to not be a woman. (Afaik N works too.) Fun fact - this is the only full game ending you can get also in the demo. So you can formally complete the game without even buying it.

"Is there any condition where the crew inside the Spiriditis is not hostile?

In normal circumstances, no, but there's a special occasion when that is possible: if you avoid any of the crew, but keep them alive. Then get yourself a key fob - either from Captain (e.g. by spiking her drink) or hacking and creating a duplicate - then when you try to leave with them alive on board.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Thx. That explains why the default talker build won't work for that.
Aside, unconscious people won't 'talk' to you if you are naked.

Is the roll for taking direct control of NPCs random? They intermittently refuse and accept but I can't figure out the conditions.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Aside, unconscious people won't 'talk' to you if you are naked.

:D Right.

They intermittently refuse and accept but I can't figure out the conditions.

The distance to which you can attempt to COMMAND them (say, from the other side of the map, technically), depends on your speech skill. (How good are you at shouting at people.)

The chance that they will accept your command depends on your CHARM (how good of a leader you are). It is rolled against the CHARM of the follower - the more of a leader your companion is, the less likely they are to accept direct micromanagement.

Possibly it would be beneficial to explain this in a more of a detail upon attempt, otherwise it's a bit of black box.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom