Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce: Conquest of Eo - strategy RPG from Fantasy General 2 devs

ArchAngel

Arcane
Gift costs 9 mana, and gives you rep with a town at a cost of 1 gold = 1 rep.

Magic coffer costs 9 mana, and gives you current rep gold (max rep is 200), and lowers rep by 10.

No cooldown on any of them.

:littlemissfun:
So you found an endless money generating machine and it comes from Dwarven magic, very fitting :D
:keepmyjewgold:

And cooldown is how much mana you can spend per turn.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Last night i kind off beat the game by getting in to the club,and it was meh ending. Now i just reloaded and will go for 100 percent exploration and shit. Also killed all the mages.

Parabalus

Arcane
Finished the game as well, week 18, surprised me since I didn't notice you just need 3/6 goals. Good pacing by the devs, doesn't let it outgrow its welcome.

Game is great, very cool with how the story is told and you get bits and pieces.

Very swingy combat, with high dmg to hp pool, and lots of hard counters. Tons of broken shit to find and use, very fun, but the game can still throw curve balls.

Hopefully they will support the game like they did for FG2, this one is even better.

Skorpion

Educated
You guys look like you are having fun? Can I join?
Join us in our fun!
Going for my 2nd attempt after being smashed in my first attempt. Note to self: try not to tick of circle mages too early!
This time I decided to rush my tower to the huge allfire node and see what happens. Its not a smart move but its one I was curious to try and we will see how it works out later this evening when I have more time to play. As soon as my tower could move I just scooched it over to the mega node and am now trying to hold it with summons and t1 gobbos, what could go wrong!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is more of a king's bounty but with turns,which is sad. It would have been better game if they did go the KB rout. Not a bad game,but not as good as AoW 1&2. 3 is mediocre and generic muh science shit.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Now you have to play as a Necro since no one else in the thread is doing it.

Started as necro at advenced difficulty. :D Crafting undead is kinda neat, also got some raise dead spells and sacrificing goblin scum for HP regen and raising zombies, all in the name of greater good:smug:. Only problem is undead don't regen normally but after some level ups I got magical regen that effects them.
Seems like a mash up AoW, MoM and Kings Bounty right now.

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
How does it rate compared to AoW3?
Different game, this is more like if HoMM was more RPG like. Also no siege battles.
A lot of mechanics, particularity related to how combat plays and feels (and combat is the core of both games), are lifted straight from AoW3. But none of the declined ones and Eo has a better art direction. On a strategic/adventure level they have different focus.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Started as necro at advenced difficulty. :D Crafting undead is kinda neat, also got some raise dead spells and sacrificing goblin scum for HP regen and raising zombies, all in the name of greater good:smug:. Only problem is undead don't regen normally but after some level ups I got magical regen that effects them.
Early game vampire acolytes are your friends as they cannot die if you win the battle. Later you might get some new grimoire pages and heal spell might reveal itself, it works even on Undead on strategic map.

And another unrelated tip I just figured out recently, primordial forests that can be harvested and have the little allfire sign on it give you +1(or +2) allfire if they are within your domain, you do not need wisps to merge with it. Also do not harvest them. I wish I knew this early as I had spell that creates more, I would have done that and earned a lot of extra mana over time.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah using the aid spell, it saved my ass a lot at first turns. Now I can shit undead from basic goblin units, paired from crafting skeleton archers and magi they become pretty useful suicide stacks.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath

Early game vampire acolytes are your friends as they cannot die if you win the battle. Later you might get some new grimoire pages and heal spell might reveal itself, it works even on Undead on strategic map.

And another unrelated tip I just figured out recently, primordial forests that can be harvested and have the little allfire sign on it give you +1(or +2) allfire if they are within your domain, you do not need wisps to merge with it. Also do not harvest them. I wish I knew this early as I had spell that creates more, I would have done that and earned a lot of extra mana over time.
Primordial forests are also a spell from the nature school and they give Allfire too.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Primordial forests are also a spell from the nature school and they give Allfire too.
Yes, that is the spell I was talking about. There is also a version for water if one wishes to take their Tower and go hide over water :D

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Speaking of water, something I discovered - if you need adamantite and you don't want to grind reputation with the dwarves to buy it, you can find some uncorrupted nodes in the very South-East corner around the medusa archipelago.

There's also some of it around the Fireforge in the South, and to the East of the Fireforge all the way to the SE corner.

Also some in the N-E corner around the dwarven mine.

The golems you summon from adamantite ores can clear entire encounters by themselves too.

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Speaking of water, something I discovered - if you need adamantite and you don't want to grind reputation with the dwarves to buy it, you can find some uncorrupted nodes in the very South-East corner around the medusa archipelago.

There's also some of it around the Fireforge in the South, and to the East of the Fireforge all the way to the SE corner.

Also some in the N-E corner around the dwarven mine.

The golems you summon from adamantite ores can clear entire encounters by themselves too.
I also found some in N-W around demons. I got one I needed from some random quest.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I finally zerged one of the circle mages and took out his capital. Now all his holdings became Circle Magi factions and I still need to take them all out..
I moved my Tower near his main one so to give my auras to my armies (+20% death res, and for them -50% white res and -50% elemental res). I also made the building for one extra unit in stack and upgrade for that building that gives all my troops +2 range (OP LOL). Then I softened enemy army with a few stacks of free jelly creature and firebugs (one does white and other elemental damage) and finished them off with my undead killing hero/stack.
Now I need to take my tower further north to take out Dark Elf magi that also uses only undead units (because elf and dark elf units are not in base game, well except for Elf Rangers) before he moves from Cold War into full war and spawns even more free stacks of units.

Also apparently you can craft a Bag of Eagle Spirit flasks that gives you unlimited amount of those, I need to find out the recipe for it. Google does not help.

Parabalus

Arcane
I started up an impossible run and you start facing enemy 7 stacks immediately - fun guaranteed :bounce:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I started up an impossible run and you start facing enemy 7 stacks immediately - fun guaranteed :bounce:
Strategy parts are not well done or balanced but I hear on higher difficulty AI is better in tactical. I hope in future they let make tactical tougher without making strategic parts more stupid and boring as well.

Parabalus

Arcane
I finally zerged one of the circle mages and took out his capital. Now all his holdings became Circle Magi factions and I still need to take them all out..
I moved my Tower near his main one so to give my auras to my armies (+20% death res, and for them -50% white res and -50% elemental res). I also made the building for one extra unit in stack and upgrade for that building that gives all my troops +2 range (OP LOL). Then I softened enemy army with a few stacks of free jelly creature and firebugs (one does white and other elemental damage) and finished them off with my undead killing hero/stack.
Now I need to take my tower further north to take out Dark Elf magi that also uses only undead units (because elf and dark elf units are not in base game, well except for Elf Rangers) before he moves from Cold War into full war and spawns even more free stacks of units.

Also apparently there is a Bag of Eagle Spirit flasks that gives you unlimited amount of those, I need to find out the recipe for it. Google does not help.

Funny part is you don't even have to kill a single Circle mage to win, at least I only killed one.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Also apparently there is a Bag of Eagle Spirit flasks that gives you unlimited amount of those, I need to find out the recipe for it. Google does not help.

Funny part is you don't even have to kill a single Circle mage to win, at least I only killed one.
I know but I was hoping once I do take him out he stops spamming so many new stacks. Also the Cold War ones are as irritating as they still attack your units and try to take your mines so I want to get rid of that one as well. Last two so far are above Cold War status and I ignore them and avoid them just like they avoid me.

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom