Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce: Conquest of Eo - strategy RPG from Fantasy General 2 devs

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Anyone still playing?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I plan to do another run in some future. I have been following their updates and they did some nice balance and bug fixes but I am waiting for some bigger change that will bring me back for another 30+ hour run.
But for anyone that didn't already finish it once, it is now as good time as any to do their first run. It is in a way better state now than at release.

Parabalus

Arcane
Enhancing your tools and forces!

f4ee24d4064fbaa1b7e8a3e23ea9bbc04c4d1bcd.png

Good news, PC players! The free patch 1.3 has been published today, adding new content and features to the game:

Additions
  • Quest overview – allows you to quickly find and navigate to active quests on the world map
  • A new hero: Galtrak, the orc blood mage brings his own kind of magic that may even unlock new spells for your wizard…but they come at a price
  • New world locations: The sullied village

Improvements
  • Strong performance improvements to optimize your experience on lower-end systems and speed up loading times
  • Improved gamepad functionalities and guidance
  • Reworked magic school distribution so they do not spawn in completely unreachable locations anymore where apprentice would get stuck.
  • You can now jump to the next/previous valid target while casting a spell on the world map

Fixes
  • Fixed various character outlines not being displayed correctly
  • Fixed battle being stuck when an units gets routed (morale)
  • Fixed game being stuck on the world map when you freeze an enemy stack
  • Fixed an issue where the tower stayed contested after leaving an enemy influence area.
  • Teleport/Recall spells now wipe a stacks memory, so they do not teleport back again if movement was queued
We may have some news for you on the DLC topic soonish

Last edited:

Beowulf

Arcane
This was a very decent strategy Rpg hybrid. But it had fixed map and due to really long full campaign length it was really easy to discover most of what the game has to offer in 2 playthroughs.
So a DLC would be most welcome.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I still haven't sunk my teeth properly into this game because there's no Spanish option ;d I'll play it in German when I get the itch. As for the DLC, day 1 purchase obv.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
I still haven't sunk my teeth properly into this game because there's no Spanish option ;d I'll play it in German when I get the itch. As for the DLC, day 1 purchase obv.

why not uh in English? just curious

You are clearly fluent enough

Lacrymas

Arcane

why not uh in English? just curious

You are clearly fluent enough
Because I am fluent. I don't remember the last time I played a game in English, lol. I'm borderline fluent in German as well, but I have to keep it up because I'll forget it otherwise. I'm learning Spanish atm, so that's what I play games in.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I did one playthrough and decided to wait for patches and DLC for the next one.
This is a fun game, just not enough content for multiple plays.

Lacrymas

Arcane
If you reverse it, it says "portals break, worlds change, you will face a new threat and we need you to beta test it".

Lacrymas

Arcane
I don't think they are thinking about mass marketing or some such. This is a niche game for fans and fans will always appreciate things like this more than generic PR statements.

Lacrymas

Arcane
This is a good gaem. There's always something happening each turn and you want to resolve that before shutting the game off, but then that asshole, Rohen, tries to overtake your big Allfire node, so obviously you have to take care of that. But what is this, your reputation with Sevenkeeps is almost at max and you'll get a shiny new unit out of it, so let's do that one quest for them. Well, *now* you have to go back to the undead lands to get your grimoire pages because you have a great unit to go against the undead with. Etc. etc. until you just have to force yourself to quit, lol. I'm pretty excited for the DLC.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Alchemists are a bit weak for a T2 unit? Earthshapers can do everything the alchemists can but also have 50% physical resistance and 20% elemental resistance and better stats overall, including health.

Lacrymas

Arcane
**A Demon-Stration of Power: SpellForce: Conquest of Eo gets new DLC**

A new threat rises in the lands of Eo. The upcoming expansion for the turn-based strategy game SpellForce: Conquest of Eo will introduce a new mage class, the Demonologist, with its very own way of playing the game and a unique set of spells.

Trolls pour down the mountains, driven from their ancestral homes, and lay waste to cities and settlements in their way. This new faction will introduce new troops and allow you to try out new tactics on the battlefield.

Also new are sinister Demon lords who boldly establish their domains in plain sight, extracting the very life force of the land for their malevolent objectives.

Will these powerful invaders prove to be allies or adversaries in your quest?

SpellForce: Conquest of Eo - Demon Scourge releases on February 13, 2024. The DLC will be available at an SRP of $ 12.99 / € 12.99 / £ 9.99.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/YBvLQYZjEQc
Assets: https://thqn.net/SFCoE-media

With 25 new units, including a whole new faction of Trolls as well as a variety of powerful demons, our mage will have no shortage of new enemies and allies for your mage. Over 30 new promotions bring a massive amount of variety to your units, helping them to face the over 120 new adventures and missions this DLC contains.

A new Troll hero, whose fate is intertwined with a powerful troll clan, as well as eight new locations await. Demon Lords have established themselves in the world, changing the very essence of the regions they control, and can be powerful allies or terrible enemies.

Your game will never be the same again….
• 2 new enemy factions: Demons and Trolls
• New Mage Type: Demonologist
• New Spell School: Occultism
• 25 new units
• New Boss enemies: Demon Lords
• 120+ new adventures with hours of new quests
• 30+ new unit promotions
• 2 New Win Conditions
• 25+ new tower rooms and expansions

This expansion is beefier than I expected.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
That looks good.

The AoW 4 we need. Probably gonna D1P the expansion just to support the dev. It's criminal that AoW 4 has more sales than this game

ChildInTime

Savant
Guess it's almost time to finally play this.
That looks good.

The AoW 4 we need. Probably gonna D1P the expansion just to support the dev. It's criminal that AoW 4 has more sales than this game
Yeah, I didn't really like the new AoW, it lacking any sort of coherent narrative or campaign and all the races being an rng dice roll fodder is really shit.

Lacrymas

Arcane
This is definitely better than AoW4, just smaller scale, the only things that are really missing are PBEM multiplayer and random map generation to extend replayability, but I don't think every 4X game needs to be infinitely replayable to be good. I would've liked to see a map extension with this expansion too.

Dr1f7

Scholar
whats even the point of these games when homm3 exists

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom