Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spider-Man (PS4)

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
habsburg-jaw-of-charles-ii.jpg

This is the ideal female face. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.​

t. Roguey

ADL

Prophet
Released on PC and it looks like one of the best ports ever. Nixxes was a fantastic buy for Sony and they've surpassed their own work on Square Enix games.

This game needs to be used as a reference for everyone else putting out PC games going forward because it does everything right on a technical level. It is absolutely fucking absurd that a Sony exclusive is a better PC port than everything in recent memory.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
Probably would have bought it if not for Sony's data gathering and selling policies; same EULA as Days Gone isn't it?

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Very good port. 5600X + 3080 can run the game on max settings 1440p + RT high + ITGI, framerate in the open world varies around 60 - 90 with a few dips to 55 that I frankly didn't really notice. Not sure if it's only on my end, but DLSS in this game results in strong artifact in reflective surfaces. So far ITGI looks quite good and fps boost seems only around 1-3fps lower than DLSS so it's the better choice for now. This is also the first game I've played that offers custom light sources in photo mode, something that usually only exists in Unreal Engine's camera mods. Game also doesn't like alt tabbing, pretty much crashed 9/10 times, aside from that it's super stable, great frametime and keyboard & mouse work surprisingly great just like Days Gone.

Can't speak too much about gameplay since I'm still at the beginning, but first impression is good. I like the combat way more than Arkham games already because spidey doesn't slingshot himself to enemies unnaturally, it has proper aerial combat (DMC nerds gonna love this), and there are more than enough starting moves (fitting considering Peter's been spidey for a while), although I can tell that stealth gameplay and enemies variety will be shallow. The sling kick is my favorite move in Dying Light 2 and it's nice to see it being one of the first skills unlocked here :eek:

Codex Year of the Donut
Yes, I too am exhausted by seeing things I disagree with. Welcome to adulthood.
What are those things you disagree with that are put in every single TV show, news article, movie, and video game? Are you forced to see it anytime you walk down the street in your city? Are you forced to subsidize medical research and care for those things too?
Propaganda is exhausting. And yes, it is the definition of propaganda.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I never followed this game when it came out, even though everyone was talking about it (in pleb circles, that is). I hear that it has worse web-slinging than Spiderman 2, so what's even the point? And that's not taking into account games that already surpassed Spiderman 2 in terms of controls, like Web of Shadows, or even arguably Ultimate Spiderman. What's this shit got to offer besides woke Mary Jane sneaking segments?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I completed this on PS4 and I don't recall ever seeing a pride flag. Something you have to go out of your way to look for.

What's this shit got to offer besides woke Mary Jane sneaking segments?
Graphics and a serious (too serious imo) cape film-quality story.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Finished this shit today. It was mediocre as fck and mostly boring. Hated all the characters and the ones I didn't hate were so bland that I could barely rile up any feeling. Combat felt like a chore, just very tedious, it constantly requires gadget change but gadgets are swapped through a slow ass clunky wheel thingy. Swinging requires no thought, you'll master the mechanics in like 10 min and then spend the rest of the hours being bored. I don't understand people anymore. There's so much tedious filler crap in the open world as well.. First Horizon Boredom Dawn, now this. I don't think playstation can make good games..

racofer

Thread Incliner
There's so much tedious filler crap in the open world as well.. First Horizon Boredom Dawn, now this.
It's the Ubisoft formula. Every fucking game now is an OPEN-WARLD collect-a-thon snoozefest devoid of any substance and filled to the brim with Content® and lots of Things to Do®.

Just look at this segment of the map in Spider-Man. This is all the side-content there is in this game:
AswNYn1.jpg

The exact same thing in HZD:
ftCgXIE.jpg

Look at this innovative game, it's called Far Cry 5:
BlWGXTW.png

One might argue the same about The Witcher 3, which is not so far off, but unlike the previous examples, every point on this map is related to some quest or activity that ties with the main game:
U5B2bNR.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
My nephew who has the game says you need to take a picture of a large pride mural to unlock one of the suits.
ESU Suit
Suit Power Unlock: None
Unlock Requirements: Locate all 50 Secret Photo Ops

Pointless crap for 100%ers who have nothing better to do than go around taking pictures of everything (or looking up a guide and tediously taking 50 pictures without the use of a quest compass)

toughasnails

I completed this on PS4 and I don't recall ever seeing a pride flag. Something you have to go out of your way to look for.

Given how fast you move around the city and how fast-paced the combat is, you really have to go out of your way to notice such details in the environment. it's p much some people searching for something to whine about.

Codex Year of the Donut

Given how fast you move around the city and how fast-paced the combat is, you really have to go out of your way to notice such details in the environment. it's p much some people searching for something to whine about.
If it doesn't matter and is so inconsequential then why do people get upset at it being replaced to the point where mod creators get censored and banned?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The funny thing in that mod is that all he did was unlock the Middle-Eqstern checkboxes so that the pride flags were replaced by already existing (in-game) American flags.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom