Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Spoony plays Final Fantasy XIII

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's easy to see, FFXIII-2 was released in december in jp, and when ME3 got released in march, suddenly a ME costume appeared for the biggest console selling game at the time... they were desperatly trying to gain some market, to generate awareness on their games. Look at how pitiful this is, ME3 sold only 8k copies at release week in Japan...

We don't get this feeling here, but the east completly ignores some of our most "famous" games... my friend there is a "gamer" and works at Square and had never heard of Skyrim or even Steam before I showed her. But while I get BioWare and Ubisoft trying to use FF popularity to enter the market, I have no idea what Square gains from it... besides, it's pretty dumb to try to promote your game by SELLING costumes of a charater no one cares about...
Well, they do not pit the costumes in their on line store for free, so it's easy money?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
One has to wonder how much money the paid costume DLC of a unpopular character in full armor (read: no fan-service) will make... who knows, SE been know to be a corporate bitch, always doing agreements that bite them in the ass, like annoucing FF-Versus at E3 2006, just to help Sony look good...

Sul

Savant
We don't get this feeling here, but the east completly ignores some of our most "famous" games... my friend there is a "gamer" and works at Square and had never heard of Skyrim or even Steam before I showed her
Only for now. Games like Assassin's Creed, Portal, Deus Ex: HR and Call of Duty managed to gain quite a bit of popularity in Japan, and Skyrim is not only in the top of the most favorited games by developers but it also has a modding community focused on animu and rape mods that can do wonders with the game that us baka gaijins can't even phantom.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
About those costumes, I remember they promoted Ultima IX with special Avatar & Raven characters in The Sims :'(

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Only for now. Games like Assassin's Creed, Portal, Deus Ex: HR and Call of Duty managed to gain quite a bit of popularity in Japan, and Skyrim is not only in the top of the most favorited games by developers but it also has a modding community focused on animu and rape mods that can do wonders with the game that us baka gaijins can't even phantom.
It's just DECLINE of jap journalists, I still can't believe they gave Skyrim 40/40 on Famitsu... still, the audience is not impressed, it sold only ~200k copies in Japan, so fuck them.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
They lost to "Winning Post 7 2012", a fucking horse race bet similator... I wish I could see BioWare's face looking at those charts. :lol:

RK47

Patron
If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX

Must google this. But I'm work. :(

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Must google this. But I'm work. :(

You play as a high school student named Kouhei. The game is split into two worlds, the "sealed room world" and the real world.

In the real world, Kouhei is a student who has the hots for three girls at his school. There's Kasumi Akishino, a shy girl who's in Kouhei's class. There's Tsubasa Itou, the most popular girl at school, who's said to have turned down over 100 boys. And there's Kokoro Tougo, Kouhei's childhood friend and two years his junior. Although Kouhei considers Kokoro to be like a little sister, he's recently started taking interest in her.

The sealed room world is a place that exists in Kouhei's dreams. He for some reason appears as a fairy in these dreams. As you might have guessed, the girls in the dream world are the same as the girls in the real world.
The girls find themselves locked away in the sealed room, and you must help them find key fragments in order to open the lock. This involves giving textual hints to the girl. For example, you can write the word "vacuum cleaner" to make the girl pick up a vacuum cleaner and use it to aid in escaping. If the girl wants to grab a carton of milk from up on a shelf out of her reach, you can enter "chair" and she'll climb up on a chair.

Because you're a fairy, you can fly around the room using the slide pad. You can use this to easily scan the environment, or you can get in for some closeups of the girls. You can control the view via the gyro sensor and use buttons to zoom in and out.
The real and dream worlds are linked up. The girls may reveal some information to you as a fairy, including their feelings for Kouhei, which you can use to help with your attempts at getting close to the girls in the real world.
Yup, better than ME3. :lol:

RK47

Patron
MV5BMjAxMDU4ODAwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTM0MzE1Nw@@._V1._SX640_SY425_.jpg

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Can we get Crooked Bee to interview some of these Japanese developers on how they approach their games? :D It's a wonder why we don't have more Japanese gamers on this site with tastes such as theirs. I'd sooner play If I Were in a Sealed Room with a Girl I'd Probably XXX than ME3.

RK47

Patron
They'd probably put Crooked Bee in a room and do XXX with her.

728x90_3.gif

Sul

Savant
Trailer for Lightning Returns is out.

Well, that was underwhelming.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
DAT retarded costume...

Anyway, I wonder how they will keep the combat interesting with just one character... perhaps pokemon again? Anyway, I'm really interested in this one, Square-Enix doing a open-world FF is most amusing.

RK47

Patron
Her chest size shrank or something? Either that or the doujin art is exaggerating again.

Machocruz

Arcane
DAT retarded costume...

Anyway, I wonder how they will keep the combat interesting with just one character... perhaps pokemon again? Anyway, I'm really interested in this one, Square-Enix doing a open-world FF is most amusing.

Didn't they do this with FFXII and it was awesome? Or do I not understand what makes a game 'open world?'

Well, whatever. More of that plz.

I also don't understand why they can't see that Nomura's designs are ridiculous and unpleasant.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
DAT retarded costume...

Didn't they do this with FFXII and it was awesome? Or do I not understand what makes a game 'open world?'
Yes, FF XII was like a old FF, where you go exploring the world and eventually gets a ariship or something, but this one will go even further, being open world game with multiple endings wheree you control the flux of time.

And Nomura did very well on Lightning's original design, one of the best recent charaters.... the problem are those retarded XXXTREME new outfits they keep using....

Sul

Savant
DAT retarded costume...

the problem are those retarded XXXTREME new outfits they keep using....
Agreed. The outfit she is using in the trailer is the perfect exemple, it's like they put together random pieces of different armors from different games from different settings and called it a day. I know she is supposed to be some kind of interdimensional time traveller (or something close to it) but that black front-only armor plus spiked pauldrons and cream clothes is beyond retarded.

Giauz Ragnacock

Scholar
DAT retarded costume...

Agreed. The outfit she is using in the trailer is the perfect exemple, it's like they put together random pieces of different armors from different games from different settings and called it a day. I know she is supposed to be some kind of interdimensional time traveller (or something close to it) but that black front-only armor plus spiked pauldrons and cream clothes is beyond retarded.

I disagree. It is in no way pizza-cutter sword guy-bad. If I were to judge by Morrowind armor appearance, I would say it looks tame. Gamedev gonna gamedev...

Sul

Savant
DAT retarded costume...

I disagree. It is in no way pizza-cutter sword guy-bad. If I were to judge by Morrowind armor appearance, I would say it looks tame. Gamedev gonna gamedev...
Of course there's worse stuff, but that doesn't change the fact that her armor looks retarded.
And I disagree about her armor looking tame by Morrowind standards, while by no means pratical it was consistent with the setting. You had stuff like chitin, bonemold and glass, everything propely explained on the lore and represented visually in the game. Chitin was crearly insectoid carapaces from different sizes and shapes put together, you could see the cracks on the bonemold armor caused by the smashed bone that was glued together by some kind of resin and later dried, glass were just shards put on strategic spots to deflect blows on an armor made of metal. Lighting's armor is just an one-piece swimsuit made of god knows what that covers only the front torso plus some retarded paldrons and cream-colored cloth.
I'm not saying that she need to use some XV century plate armor (I'm all for chainmail bikinis in high-fantasy settings), it's just seems like, as I said before, the devs pointed their fingers while blindfolded at some character designs from other games, selected random pieces of armor from these characters and then made the new design without giving it much tough.

Giauz Ragnacock

Scholar
...(I'm all for chainmail bikinis in high-fantasy settings), it's just seems like, as I said before, the devs pointed their fingers while blindfolded at some character designs from other games, selected random pieces of armor from these characters and then made the new design without giving it much tough.

Bah! I'll take something the artists had fun with (in games that have traditionally been more meta-fantasy than being simulation) over not giving a crap. Though, I suppose RPG design "morals" are relelative to each individual.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom