Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squad-Level Tactical Games

Severian Silk

Added!

felicity

Scholar
Assnuggets said:
[edit2]
And yet another: Vantage Master Online. This one is a MMORPG by Nihon Falcom.
It's neither an MMO, nor an RPG. It's not even online. The "online" part in the title's name merely references to its head-to-head function through TCP/IP and LAN. The game has an (quite strong) AI which you can play against.

Severian Silk

Yes, that has been demonstrated already. On another note, I removed the Geneforge/Avernum series since I think after having played them they're rather light on tactics. You only control four characters, and battles rarely involve more than half a dozen opponents at most. I find I end up using the same buffs and attacks over and over again. I think BG2's combat encounters required more thought and planning on my part, despite the action-y elements.

Severian Silk

Updated the link to Stellar Forces, and added Atlantica Online to the MMOs section.

The Myth series is already listed.

Severian Silk

Added:

PSG RebelSquad [in development]
UFOLoader [fan patch]
OpenXcom [open source, very faithful]
JA2: Reloaded [in development, 3D real-time remake of JA2]

Orgasm

Barely Literate
How about sorting alphabetically and adding the year of release?

Severian Silk

I'll try doing that. Thanks.

Also, added X-Commandos and Isochron.

[edit]
Should be alphabetized now, and I've added release dates for most of them.

Steve16384

Novice
Can I be a pedant and ask you to move Stellar Forces from the X-Com clones list and put it under "Other turn-based games - scifi". It's not really like X-Com at all (apart from being a Squad-Level Tactical Game of course) and more like Laser Squad.

Thanks. :)

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
You could also change Xenonauts from "very early development" to "currently in Alpha, release in late 2012 or 2013"

Team Assault to "released"

Severian Silk

NO!!! THIS LIST IS MY PROPERTY!!

On the other hand, OK, whatever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom