Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squad-Level Tactical Games

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
Actually i'm working on a different list cause i like strategy 4x not squad based. Also that thread's starter is gone. That is a lot of games so 3 or 4 lists would be better.

Lykurgos

Novice
Under // OTHER TURN-BASED GAMES // FANTASY I'd like to recommend inclusion of:

Guardians of Graxia (turn-based, combination of card based army deck and tile based battlefield, has a SP campaign)

The scale is definitely the same as squad-based games, even if each non-hero unit may in abstract sense represent more than one character.

GaemzDood

Educated

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
Under // OTHER TURN-BASED GAMES // FANTASY I'd like to recommend inclusion of:

Guardians of Graxia (turn-based, combination of card based army deck and tile based battlefield, has a SP campaign)

The scale is definitely the same as squad-based games, even if each non-hero unit may in abstract sense represent more than one character.
Under // OTHER TURN-BASED GAMES // FANTASY i demand the inclusion of Master of Magic where in tactical mode you move up to 8 units and maybe even Master of Orion 2 where in tactical mode player moves about 4 ships they designed.

Modron

Arcane
There seems to be a decided lack of Realms of Arkania on this list :fight:.

Modron

Arcane
The Realms of Arkania trilogy was an adaptation of Das Schwarze Auge (the Dark Eye) pen and paper ruleset which has been more recently used in the Drakensang games. You generated a team of up to 6 people with a variety of classes. Movement was typical to a blobber first person 4 cardinal directions but when combat broke out the view shifted to an isometric view of the area in which units acted independently in turn-based combat. See http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/realms-of-arkania-das-schwarze-auge-series.

This series of cRPGs has held up real well and I consider it a must play; my only real complaint being that perhaps your characters inventory should be a little larger.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Oh gawd it was sooo boring, becoming total popamole at the end. But fallouty skills and questing had me intrigued for a while.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Thank you for reminding me Shadow Watch, was searcing for something to replay on my business trip.
Had some fun playing that one back then but I was young and naive :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom