Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squad-Level Tactical Games

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
What game can I play that has the following requirements:

• AI
  • Randomised or buttload of scenarios
  • 5-30 minutes per game
  • No unlocks/purchases/progression
  • No/few dice rolls
  • Party composition
  • Runs on 800x600 window

Emulators and mods welcome.

http://www.sparkchess.com/
No party composition. There's chess 2, but it's barren and the AI sucks.

vean

Scholar
There's no point in keeping all those dead links or games that haven't been released and no news in 5 years in here. At least move them to a different category.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Nahlakh is not a Rogue like. It should be in the CRPG section.
Also, Disciples of Steel is missing from the CRPG section.

Visperas

Augur
Is there an alternative to Xenonauts these days? I've already played Xcom and JA. The line of sight and hide/spot thing of SS turns me off. Anyone played the X-Division mod for Xenonauts?

Lilly

Barely Literate
Ogre Tactics and Final Fantasy Tactics are some of my favorites types of game play but I don't see that very often. Can someone recommend something that's similar and worth playing? Thanks!

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Ogre Tactics and Final Fantasy Tactics are some of my favorites types of game play but I don't see that very often. Can someone recommend something that's similar and worth playing? Thanks!
Telepath Tactics, Disgaea, Warsong/Langrisser.

Severian Silk

This thread is for PC games only. Please discuss your JRPG games elsewhere.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How is Chaos Reborn if you're only interested in the single player portion of the game?

kurtle

The Dragonloft
Developer

You should try out Hellenica if you're into small squad tactics, it's coming out soon.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

You should try out Hellenica if you're into small squad tactics, it's coming out soon.

"fight alongside the technologically augmented king of Sparta against rebels committed to tradition"

why would I fight against rebels committed to tradition? What happened to the dual monarchy?

is there C&C in this game or am I railroaded into a steam-punk fantasy world where some liberal arts idiot saves the world?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
is there C&C in this game or am I railroaded into a steam-punk fantasy world where some liberal arts idiot saves the world?
He turns into a bear, so it's okay.

I purchased it to show my support for the Hellenic theme. I pray for a world where all games have a strong Classical theme.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom