Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - sequel to Fallen Order

Infinitum

Scholar
I like how they make the main character look like every soybeard gamer boy except in slightly better shape
they know their audience that's for sure

fetchimage
So let's improve it! Just spitballing here, might be too "out there" for some folks but hear me out:

Brown haired, mid-thirties white man with a sharpish jawline. Muscular yet lithe build. Rugged good looks, pronounced cheekbones, piercing stare, the works. But slightly understated: see he doesn't really care about them. You can tell from his perpetual frown and three day stubble. This is someone that has seen shit and knows how to get it done. Hairstyle like a slightly grown out crew cut and - get this: slight scar over one eyebrow. Eh? EH?

Last edited:

JDR13

Arcane
The first game was good except for the terrible loot system. Looking forward to slicing up some more storm troopers.

They could've improved the protagonist design and and non-combat animations (still looks like a stick figure animated as a big ape).

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
In other news:

Respawn’s Star Wars First-Person Shooter Will Be Inspired By Jedi Knight Series

From LinkedIn:

In collaboration with Lucasfilm, the Star Wars FPS Team is developing a new AAA FPS in the Star Wars galaxy. Inspired by classic titles like Dark Forces and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2, our story-driven single player game is being developed from the ground up leveraging the power of Unreal Engine 5. We’re combining this inspiration and technology with Respawn’s pedigree for making best-in-class shooters to deliver a brand new experience our players will love.

mkultra

Augur
The level design puts me to sleep instead of making me feel "cool, that would be interesting to explore." it just looks so uninspiring and bland.

it's nice they added dismemberment though.

Star Wars on the whole just isn't something that excites most people anymore I think, Disney made sure of that, made it into generic sci-fi garbage about "the message" and about pissing off fans (since they put angry activists in charge of everything.)

Last edited:
Yeah. They're at the point where if they made a good game my response would be "looks cool, too bad it's Star Wars". The setting no longer attracts me; it puts me off.

Well done, Disney.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
100 motherfucking 55 GB!!!?!?!?111*?? Bloody fools are not using decent compression methods and using game size an anti piracy move.

Or they are just truly incompetent.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Is there a name for that obnoxious sound you hear whenever the guy does anything? You hear it constantly in movies too, it's so fucking retarded what is it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
That thing that goes *whooomp*, it's like this metallic, hollow sound with mechanical rattling added to it, i hear it everywhere, in nu-games, modern action movies (mainly capeshit) etc.

Modron

Arcane
You mean the bass drop? Zoomies go apeshit for that stuff so it's in every single trailer for every single thing ever.

430am

Educated
100 motherfucking 55 GB!!!?!?!?111*?? Bloody fools are not using decent compression methods and using game size an anti piracy move.

Or they are just truly incompetent.

The giant game sizes are because consoles can't or won't use resource decompression during runtime. Yes, it's been this long and consoles still can't handle a simple task like that, so better free up those 150 gigs on your NVMe in honor of console players if you want to play a modern game on PC.

In other news:

Respawn’s Star Wars First-Person Shooter Will Be Inspired By Jedi Knight Series

From LinkedIn:

In collaboration with Lucasfilm, the Star Wars FPS Team is developing a new AAA FPS in the Star Wars galaxy. Inspired by classic titles like Dark Forces and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2, our story-driven single player game is being developed from the ground up leveraging the power of Unreal Engine 5. We’re combining this inspiration and technology with Respawn’s pedigree for making best-in-class shooters to deliver a brand new experience our players will love.

Now THAT is something I would be interested in. Still, the AAA focus is going to fuck this up somehow, I just feel it. I trust respawn to make the gameplay mechanics solid, though. Might check that one out when it releases.

About Survivor:
Only thing I watched so far is the combat demo and the "gameplay trailer". This combat doesn't look exciting at all to me. Whoever they're trying to impress with this demonstration definitely didn't play Jedi Academy, especially the Moviebattles or Movie Duels mod. The whole souls-like concept needs to be laid to rest already, it's shoehorned absolutely everywhere. And then there's also the hilarious case of two hostile guys standing behind your back just patiently waiting their turn while you destroy their friend, I can't take any game that has this seriously. It should be like Gothic where they all just dogpile you if you're unwise to fight multiple people at once (or Dark Souls, the combat system they're ""inspired"" by in the first place).
And in the final gameplay trailer... where's the gameplay? That's never a good sign.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom