Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Lol what is even gaming now?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The NeverKnowsBest video is necessary because it debunks this bullshit before it spreads any further. Forget whatever you think of Emil's/Bethesda's writing/game quality for a second, this is purely an effort to debunk a load of nonsense started by a deranged redditor who was probably a child at the time.
I'm not sure what he is debunking. Now, I have not watched the entire thing (i know, I know) , but his arguments seem weak and seems to be emotionally based. It's not that Emil is some new random hire, that was made to be a sacrificial lamb.

ind33d

Learned
The writing in a game like Starfield should be completely irrelevant. If the game still had all the simulationist systems from development (like, uh, fucking FUEL) nobody would give a shit about the asinine dialogue. Death Stranding is fun because the conflict is you versus the hazards in the environment. Space should be Starfield's villain, not the Crimson Fleet. Flying to a planet is supposed to require route planning and medicine and inventory management. There 100% was supposed to be a survival/hardcore mode

Last edited:

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Chink pokemon clone dominates Starfield like a bitch. Barely any marketing. Barely any hype and now it's one of the most played game on Steam and Game pass. How do you feel now Todd? How does it feel to spend your entire career building up to Starfield and lose to a game where you can take a butcher's cleaver to Pikachu's face and cook up his guts to feed to your slave labour force.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Lmao this NKB video has sparked some proper drama

Oh woops didn't notice it had already been posted
I'm reminded of this video

These are rando gamer opinions, not PhD theses (and tbh most PhDs are garbage so there's no standards anymore). Simping for the developer of a hundred-bazillion dollar product shat out by Indian code farms is the gayest thing ever.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Chink pokemon clone dominates Starfield like a bitch.
shut the fuck up retard
You seem angry Vic. Does it sting that Todd's master piece got utterly ground into the dirt by a fucking BOTW clone with pokemon added to it? A ching chong game for FREE on game pass broken concurrent player records for any paid for game ever? With not even 1% of the marketing Starfield got. None of the hype. None of the years of trailers and Todd lying in interviews. Does it sting when your pet game is barely played and a crappy pokemon knock off took the exact same release as Starfield and became one of the best selling games ever?

How's the new lighting system working out in the face of utter defeat?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You are making shit up hence why you should shut up, or can you prove that your pokemon game is more successful than starfield?
Starfield's all time peak players:
  • 330,723all-time peak 4 months ago
Palworld's
  • 1,291,967all-time peak 11 hours ago

Butter

Arcane
Patron
starfield_vs_palworld.png

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
How's the new lighting system working out in the face of utter defeat?
what defeat? You are making shit up hence why you should shut up, or can you prove that your pokemon game is more successful than starfield? I don't think so.
Care to comment on the 2 pictures above? I'd like your opinion on Starfield getting trashed by an early access survival game.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
a lot of butthurt bethesda fanboys itt

Countdown to using Gamepass as a crutch in 3...2...1
get some brain supplements as a crutch furry faggot and go larp an argonian maid in ESO

Care to comment on the 2 pictures above? I'd like your opinion on Starfield getting trashed by an early access survival game.
okay, so a lot of kiddies are playing that game, didn't know that. Looks like it might make more money than starfield, just shows how retarded people are.

Vic

Savant
Starfield is the 11th most modded game in HISTORY already before the creation kit even released.

It's GOTY and will be absolute glorious in 2 years time with all updates DLCs and mods.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
also what's the point comparing this to some Pokemon game? Starfield is a game for mature chad players not Fortnite playing zoomers. Only a retard like Halfling Rodeo would bring this comparison even up.
They're both open world adventure games with crafting and companion recruitment. They're comparable. Both even use a lot of fast travel.
It's GOTY and will be absolute glorious in 2 years time with all updates DLCs and mods.
This is the biggest cope in history man and even you know it. Starfield will be abandoned by bethesda as soon as the mod kits out and then they will repackage it like skyrim for another decade hoping for desperate sales from fanboys.

Why don't you come play Palworld with us adults? It's fun! It has themes of slavery, pet kidnapping and a black market economy the player can choose to take part in or prevent.. So like Starfield promised and didn't deliver on.

Silverfish

Arbiter
go larp an argonian maid in ESO

ESO is fairly short on trolling content and someone walking up to other players and asking if they want their codpieces polished would actually be pretty funny.

Starfield will be abandoned by bethesda as soon as the mod kits out and then they will repackage it like skyrim for another decade hoping for desperate sales from fanboys.

I disagree. Why repackage Starfield when Skyrim: Tournament Edition would probably move more copies?

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
I disagree. Why repackage Starfield when Skyrim: Tournament Edition would probably move more copies?
Why not leap frog them? Skyrim one year, Starfailed the next and then both as a triple pack of "Bethesda's greatest hits" with Fallout 76 before doing a new skyrim edition?

Vic

Savant
This is the biggest cope in history man and even you know it.
I know that my favorite games aren't the most popular games. It's fairly common on the codex to like more obscure, cult classic, hidden gem type games. I can see this happening with Starfield, but I was hoping that by now the hype died down and the clowns are gone but I guess not.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
This is the biggest cope in history man and even you know it.
I know that my favorite games aren't the most popular games. It's fairly common on the codex to like more obscure, cult classic, hidden gem type games. I can see this happening with Starfield, but I was hoping that by now the hype died down and the clowns are gone but I guess not.
How is Starfailed obscure? A cult classic or a hidden gem? How can you say it's going to become one when it's fallout 4 with more fast travel, so people will say Fallout 4 is the cult classic and Starfailed added junk and ruined it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom