Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, which settlements have any evidence of war destruction whatsoever? And even if places like New Atlantis didn't get affected, there would still be poverty and economic destruction present. There would still be PEOPLE injured or maimed from fighting. There should be depressed homeless veterans in the streets.
Well, the infamous "tranny" character was a xenobiologist in the colony war but then xeno stuff and mechs were outlawed after the war, so a lot of people lost their jobs. There are abandonded mech graveyards which indicate to that.
There are also those war veterans from Ranger's quest.

Also didn't this war happen like few decades back? With future tech thing can be rebuilt fast.

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
If you have the Kid Stuff trait, your parents indicate that they're in relatively old age, even though they're both like 60. So one theory is that medical technology, despite the incredible cosmetic surgery clinics, is not much more advanced than it is right now.
I don't think that's true. I took that trait and your dad specifically tells you that mom keeps going to the clinic and looking younger all the time, which he does not mind.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I don't think that's true. I took that trait and your dad specifically tells you that mom keeps going to the clinic and looking younger all the time, which he does not mind.
me too but my mom looks like in her mid 50s, and yeah "dad" said the same about her doing what I assume are only cosmetic touchups, I don't think that tech can reverse aging or she would look younger. It may only work for the player that way.

Lemming42

Arcane
Interesting, I must have missed that. I think I got the impression of them being considered old from dad going on about his retirement and how he's gonna slide into an endless string of poker games from now on.

The clinics were really cool, one of the few things that felt genuinely utopian (which they seemed to be going for at times). I kept half-expecting it to come up in gameplay at some point. Like for the Crimson Fleet quest, it'd make sense if you had to get a new body and new face before infiltrating them, since you're already known to them.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
For those complaining about the UI this wombyn was the creative force behind it

ss6-jpg.37245

:-D
It says programmer not designer, but wouldn't surprise me if even the devs titles were bugged in Bethesda.

Gargaune

Arcane
Oh, fuck yes, registrator2000 has started fixing Todd's latest game!

Starfield Hotkeys

Hotkey any console command or in-game Papyrus function to any key. A port of FO4 Hotkeys to Starfield.

This means that you can have a one-button press to:
  • Use consumables / equipment
  • Enter Photo Mode
  • Hide/show HUD, toggle flycam, freeze time, play animations
  • Wait anywhere
  • Activate other mods
You can also create macros for your favorite console commands or for scripts provided by other mods.

After hotkeys are set up, you can use the 'hotkey' and 'macro' console commands to set and unset new hotkeys/macros.

Now I don't care about the hotkeys, don't even have the game yet, but for those of you unaware, this dude did some major incline on Fallout 4 - MCM, XDI, QuickTrade and much more.

Now, @Todd, when's the fucking CK coming?!

Moink

Cipher

ss6-jpg.37245

There's 14 credits for UI stuff and she's just listed as a basic programmer, likely just shoved her into the video because woman dev:

2iD52g4.png
Q4nvBt4.png

:mlady: Of course, the real question is how do you have this many people on one thing and still end up with what we got.

Lemming42

Arcane
You could only get a UI that bad from having that many people working on it. Any one of those people alone would probably have come up with something useable, but 10+ people all having to collaborate on it, and also probably being pressured in stupid directions by management, leads to the clusterfuck in the game.

What's really amazing is that they made the Fo3/FNV Pip Boy interface, previously a real low point, look really good and functional by comparison.

Vic

Savant
Of course, the real question is how do you have this many people on one thing and still end up with what we got.

"too many cooks spoil the broth"
It may not be so easy to design a UI that works for both PC and console, to which the question is why don't they design 2 UIs one for PC that looks like SkyUI etc. and another optimized for consoles.

GaelicVigil

Liturgist

ss6-jpg.37245

There's 14 credits for UI stuff and she's just listed as a basic programmer, likely just shoved her into the video because woman dev:

2iD52g4.png
Q4nvBt4.png

:mlady: Of course, the real question is how do you have this many people on one thing and still end up with what we got.

I've been a full-time professional software engineer (dotnet & LAMP) and database programmer (MSSQL) for the past 17 years and I have never once seen a real female programmer in any job I've had. Not one. I once knew a girl who was very good with photoshop and graphic art. I've known a couple girls who could look at database logs, but I've never seen a girl who could write code.

I can tell just looking at the pink-haired chick in the photo that she's a typcial diversity hire who probably made high-level "design" decisions, but never looked at any code. In other words, she was in charge of making the PowerPoint slides once a week for her management meetings while the white/asian guys sat quietly in the basement working 70 hours a week writing the actual code.

Vic

Savant
I've been a full-time professional software engineer (dotnet & LAMP) and database programmer (MSSQL) for the past 17 years and I have never once seen a real female programmer in any job I've had. Not one. I once knew a girl who was very good with photoshop and graphic art. I've known a couple girls who could look at database logs, but I've never seen a girl who could write code.

I can tell just looking at the pink-haired chick in the photo that she's a typcial diversity hire who probably made high-level "design" decisions, but never looked at any code. In other words, she was in charge of making the PowerPoint slides once a week for her management meetings for the white/asian guys in the basement working 70 hours a week writing the actual code.
this is her linkedin

https://www.linkedin.com/in/danachristo/

Java, C++ and C#, apparently :lol:

GaelicVigil

Liturgist

I can tell just looking at the pink-haired chick in the photo that she's a typcial diversity hire who probably made high-level "design" decisions, but never looked at any code. In other words, she was in charge of making the PowerPoint slides once a week for her management meetings for the white/asian guys in the basement working 70 hours a week writing the actual code.
this is her linkedin

https://www.linkedin.com/in/danachristo/

Java, C++ and C#, apparently :lol:

Yeah, you need to read between the lines to see how she's making it all up. This one here is a dead give-away:
"Lead a lab of 24 students and assist with in lab Java activities."

That means she was the middle-management office Karen.

RapineDel

Augur
Today's culture fears conflict and that heavily extends to game studios where you only have to see a photo of team's like Bethesda's to know what sort of beliefs they have.

When a team of people are working on a feature like UI, there will be good ideas & bad ideas. These days no one is going to speak up about the bad ideas, it's going to be people patting themselves on the back, "empowering" each other and you end up with UI that feels about as intuitive as your Motherboard's BIOS screen.

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
TES Arena has two women listed as programmers. Given the size of the company at the time, I don't imagine they were making PowerPoint presentations.

AR-misc-Development_Team.jpg

Jennifer Pratt and Foroozan Soltani, in the top middle there. Pratt was also Ria Silmane in the dream bridge cutscenes.

It's all bullshit. I worked in the same room with a girl for 7 years who put the same shit on her resume. She was very well-known around the companies in my town because she flirted with all the men from the other companies. She spent a lot of time at conventions and other meet-and-greets for other software companies. Every computer nerd wanted to hire her because she paid attention to them. The truth was that she was a very average photoshop designer. She never looked at code, ever.

Here's another classic phony female coder who allegedly wrote all the code for the Apollo NASA program. Pure nonsense.
D_o3OKOWkAA-085.jpg

The truth is that western men are so cucked for gynocentrism that they put these do-nothing women on pedestals. It simply is not true on the ground. I am on the ground every day. The people doing 99% of the work at EVERY software company are Asian and White males, usually in their 40s. They are hidden away in the back cubicles, paid big bucks, while they strut out the cute girls as the face of the company to take all the credit and to fill their DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) quotas.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ok, which settlements have any evidence of war destruction whatsoever? And even if places like New Atlantis didn't get affected, there would still be poverty and economic destruction present. There would still be PEOPLE injured or maimed from fighting. There should be depressed homeless veterans in the streets.
Well, the infamous "tranny" character was a xenobiologist in the colony war but then xeno stuff and mechs were outlawed after the war, so a lot of people lost their jobs. There are abandonded mech graveyards which indicate to that.
There are also those war veterans from Ranger's quest.

Also didn't this war happen like few decades back? With future tech thing can be rebuilt fast.
The war (Colony war) ended 20 years before the game events. Also this was the 2nd war, there was another war 100 years before that (called Narion war). Both are mentioned in the game which may be confusing.
Also Sarah herself is a war veteran, and she was already a high ranking officer. Which sets her realistic age at 50+.

racofer

Thread Incliner
instead build a "story engine."
WOAH calm down there buddy. Easy!

Tech is at least 20 years away from anything resembling that. People are already reluctant to upgrade their old 13900k's and 4090's to next-gen parts to fully enjoy Starfield, let alone upgrade to enjoy advanced stuff like you suggested.

Lemming42

Arcane
The truth is that western men are so cucked for gynocentrism that they put these do-nothing women on pedestals. It simply is not true on the ground. I am on the ground every day. The people doing 99% of the work at EVERY software company are Asian and White males, usually in their 40s. They are hidden away in the back cubicles, paid big bucks, while they strut out the cute girls as the face of the company to take all the credit and to fill their DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) quotas.
Haha, christ. Yeah, I'm sure Bethesda back in 1994 hired two total unknowns who you've never heard of, who never did press appearances, and who only one known photograph exists of, simply to win PR points for their mid-selling game. Ted Peterson and Julian LeFay have been captured by gynocentrism!!! Not even going to touch the "Margaret Hamilton was a phony" stuff, I've never even heard that one before and doubt I will again.

Anyway, for god's sake, let's get back to talking about Starfield rather than your experiences of being in basements with large groups of Asian men for hours at a time.

----

I'm still not seeing the modding potential for this game beyond basic stuff like "de-fuck Bethesda's shit UI" and "tweak combat values up and down a little bit". The game doesn't have the basic groundwork to support all Skyrim's life sim mods like becoming a farmer or whatever the fuck, NPC beautification mods are a waste of time since there's relatively few NPCs other than "Citizen", etc. The only real big innovation modders could include would be vehicles, which I imagine will be coming in about two weeks despite Todd saying they're impossible or w/e.

Naraya

Arcane

I can tell just looking at the pink-haired chick in the photo that she's a typcial diversity hire who probably made high-level "design" decisions, but never looked at any code. In other words, she was in charge of making the PowerPoint slides once a week for her management meetings while the white/asian guys sat quietly in the basement working 70 hours a week writing the actual code.
I'm working right now with two girls. One is a senior Python backend eng and the other one is a frontend developer. They both do a damn fine job and are a pleasure to work with but neither of them has dangerhair or weighs over 60 kgs.

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Interesting, I must have missed that. I think I got the impression of them being considered old from dad going on about his retirement and how he's gonna slide into an endless string of poker games from now on.

The clinics were really cool, one of the few things that felt genuinely utopian (which they seemed to be going for at times). I kept half-expecting it to come up in gameplay at some point. Like for the Crimson Fleet quest, it'd make sense if you had to get a new body and new face before infiltrating them, since you're already known to them.
Oh yeah, that would be really awesome if you actually had to change your face Altered Carbon style. Really a wasted opportunity.
I think your parents are kind of broke as shit, so I don't know if they can really afford those clinics. They basically outright tell you that you're paying their rent, and they really would move somewhere cheaper, but really like living in that city.

Lemming42

Arcane
I think your parents are kind of broke as shit, so I don't know if they can really afford those clinics. They basically outright tell you that you're paying their rent, and they really would move somewhere cheaper, but really like living in that city.
It's always hard to tell if there's meant to be a class element to this setting - healthcare and gene clinic services cost money, but there's never any plot points about people who can't afford treatment... except for The Well, where people apparently live because they've been "forgotten" or something, even though literally anyone can just walk into the surface part of the city and walk into the better clinic.

I can't even tell if the cost of these clinics is meant to be restrictive. It's like 500 credits or whatever for a complete combined face/sex/race change, which is joke money that anyone in the setting could make doing pretty much anything.

But then the whole Crimson Fleet questline keeps saying that people are being forced into piracy by circumstance, so apparently there's crushing poverty that we just don't really see any examples of.

GaelicVigil

Liturgist
Haha, christ. Yeah, I'm sure Bethesda back in 1994 hired two total unknowns who you've never heard of, who never did press appearances, and who only one known photograph exists of, simply to win PR points for their mid-selling game. Ted Peterson and Julian LeFay have been captured by gynocentrism!!! Not even going to touch the "Margaret Hamilton was a phony" stuff, I've never even heard that one before and doubt I will again.

Anyway, for god's sake, let's get back to talking about Starfield rather than your experiences of being in basements with large groups of Asian men for hours at a time.

----

I'm still not seeing the modding potential for this game beyond basic stuff like "de-fuck Bethesda's shit UI" and "tweak combat values up and down a little bit". The game doesn't have the basic groundwork to support all Skyrim's life sim mods like becoming a farmer or whatever the fuck, NPC beautification mods are a waste of time since there's relatively few NPCs other than "Citizen", etc. The only real big innovation modders could include would be vehicles, which I imagine will be coming in about two weeks despite Todd saying they're impossible or w/e.
Margaret Hamilton only wrote a small piece of code at the very end of the lifecycle she was on. There were literally hundreds of brilliant programmers who helped write the Apollo software. That photo is a PR stunt. That little girl didn't do a fraction of it.

No, that wasn’t code that she wrote nor that she was overseeing the writing of, she wrote a piece of code related to aborting the mission called ‘Forget It’ early in her career at Draper labs (The abort code is what is referred to when it is stated she ‘hand wrote’ code that ‘saved the lunar landing’ - all code was written by programmers then input by ‘key-punch girls’). Towards the end of Apollo development she was put in charge of COLOSSUS (command module) and then LUMINARY (Lunar Module) - long after the landing code had been written - these modules were likely either frozen (bug fix only) or close to freeze when she was assigned responsibility for them. There were 350 programmers involved in the Apollo code at Draper labs and 1600 person-years of work.
She says herself she was a beginner that few had enough confidence in to do much of anything:
Then, because I was still a beginner, I was assigned responsibility for what was thought to be the least important software to be developed for the next mission. I was the most of the beginners; I mean, I was the first junior person, on this next unmanned mission. And it was developed for what would happen only if the mission aborted. So nobody really paid much attention to what I was doing, because it was "never going to happen." And I called, I still remember the name of the program was called "Forget it." I don't know that many people really had a chance to even see what was in there since I was pretty much left to my own devices, but when the mission was actually aborting, then I became the expert of the "entire mission" because control in the software had gone to "Forget it". So I had to come in for the emergency. I was called in, and I was the one who had all the answers to all of the questions in "Forget it."
[…]
We began to grow, and eventually Dan put me in charge of the command module software. He had the courage to put me over that whole area, and I got very interested in management of software; again, integrating all of the glue. And when Dan left, Fred then even had more courage and gave me the responsibility for the LM too, in addition to the command module flight software and now I was in charge of all of the on board flight software. Again, I became even more interested in management of software techniques and how we could automate what was at that time manual.
https://www.quora.com/Did-Margaret-Hamilton-write-the-NASA-landing-code-by-hand

Again, if you pay attention, she says she was a middle-manager. That was her responibility. Office Karen. Like most female IT employees I've met.
My gosh the number of gynocentric cucked retards who believe the feminist propaganda on this forum is staggering

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom