Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ryzer

Arcane
These NPCs faces and expressions are kinda :prosper:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
dingding.gif

Delterius

Arcane
Looks like they played Cyberpunk and liked it.
it looks like they played outer worlds and thought 'wait a second we have a budget'

Yeah, whenever you're talking to NPCs or fighting beasts on land it's very much "NASA-punk Outer Worlds" but of course this game has so much more.
i don't know if i underestimated the cognitive harm of my outer worlds disappointment, but the conversation animations feel like they shared tech or animators. perhaps even directing. maybe i've been conditioned to see outer worlds under every bush, or maybe it's convergent evolution for game design. but yeah, all in all, this trailer is so jam packed with features that i don't know wether they wanted to fuck with obsidian or blow the star citizen bubble.

Caim

Arcane
So far I've not seen any sapient aliens, so either we're in a Battletech situation where we're the only sapients in the galaxy... or we're going to have yet another tale of how everyone keeps getting vored for some reason or another. Dead Space and Mass Effect did it, so why not Starfield?

thesecret1

Arcane
Boarding ships sounds pretty cool, as does ship customization. On the other hand, procedural everything is cancer, as is the bulletsponge combat. I also expect outpost building to be incredibly tedious.

Readher

Savant
Looks great, basically several games in one when it comes to the amount of systems. Plus, it'll have the unrivaled modding, just like all Bethesda games. The rest of the industry can keep making shitty scripted moviegames in the meantime.

frajaq

Erudite
the ship and outpost customization, it actually just works

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom