Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just wish that they would've dropped the settlement building bullshit. It's just tedious busywork. Alas.
I'm guessing the main quest will force you to build one chair just to introduce you to the system, and after that you won't have to touch it.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

There is a lot of butthurtery from the star citizen community over starfield.
Yep you hit the nail right on the head. Me being the giant Star Citizen fanboy that I am is just hating out of jealousy. Has nothing to do with Bethesda being retarded hacks who can't figure out how wheels and modes of transportation work in the year 2023. I'm pretty sure cavemen invented wheels like a few million years ago.
I am not sure how you felt attacked i was not even aware you were a star citizen fan. Beside i favour have no land veihicles if the alternative is to have a vehicle ala mass effect that added nothing to the game and was working in every gravity because sci fi magic.

Modron

Arcane
I think SDG was being sarcastic, he did make it pretty clear why he wasn't excited by Starfield in his second sentence and none of it had to do with Star Citizen. Another big clue might be found in that SDG doesn't own proper pc nor play pc games.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I think SDG was being sarcastic, he did make it pretty clear why he wasn't excited by Starfield in his second sentence and none of it had to do with Star Citizen. Another big clue might be found in that SDG doesn't own proper pc nor play pc games.
Right he has a steamdeck and a ps wich also explains why he is not interested since starfield wont be at launch in ps. You can say what you want about bethesda and yet their games are often played decades after the release because of how moddable they are.

Last edited by a moderator:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I figured the fact that I've never acknowledged Star Citizen's existence once in my entire life would have made that obvious. Mebs is "special".

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I figured the fact that I've never acknowledged Star Citizen's existence once in my entire life would have made that obvious. Mebs is "special".
Dude this thread is about Starfield not you. :)

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You're the moron who brought up Star Citizen and blamed that for this game getting shit on. I'm just saying you're being ignorant. People are shitting on the game because Bethesda is retarded. Has nothing to do with Star Citizen fans or any other space sim's fans.

You seriously have to walk everywhere? Like on foot? Wow. And this was supposed to be the game that redeemed M$ for Redfall's complete and utter failure. Xbox will never change.
There's a jetpack skill, I guess you'll use that to move faster and for longer distances you're expected to use the ship.

It's still funny because this time nobody would question a mount or vehicle that acts like a Skyrim horse.

QiyLAOw.jpg

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I looked at minimum requirements, and they are crazy.
Basically they were writen by person who has no clue about PC hardware.

CPU: i7-6800K.
Yea... it looks sensible. Right? It's 6xxx series, 6 core... That stuff with Skylake era... But it's actually Broadwell CPU, and it's FUCKING server CPU, namely HIGH END server CPU with quad channel memory controller which is completely unusable for gaming. I know that because I had it's one generation older cousin, and I switched to dual channel DDR4 CPU that didn't eat 90 watts, and was more stable. Also I can run linpack with only 72 watts instead of 130 W which I'd need for 4 GHz fixed speed.

So yea, that's not a minimal CPU, that CPU is more expensive and tough than the CPU in recommended settings. I actually doubt someone who could afford the minimum CPU listed is still using that CPU for gaming.

So that was idiocy number 1.

Idiocy n. 2 is they are trying to force 6-core requirement at us as minimum requirement.

Idiocy n. 3 is GTX 1070 Ti as minimum requirement. Who could afford that? Not me. Also NVidia plans RTX 4050 and RTX 4060 as new mainstream. And frankly I expect RTX 4060 would be slower than GTX 1070 Ti.

Idiocy n. 4 SSD is requirement.
Like what? Why would a game developer list SSD as REQUIREMENT. There is basically only one reason why list SSD as requirement. If game can't load ahead and chache data, then game needs low latency access to data. But, frankly Bethesda had programmers that were better than random person from India/China who bought theirs engineering title.

I actually expect when someone would remove DRM, the game would run on 4-core flawlessly, and at 20 percent higher speed.

Drakortha

Liturgist
They know what they are doing.

They want you to buy more shit.

Retarded PC gamers can shell out $2000 for a needlessly high end rig. Retarded console gamers can buy a new overpriced Shitbox. It's win-win for M$oft and Beth$oft.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
It's the fucking same engine that Beth has been using for the past 20 years, with extra bits bolted onto it to make it do better stuff. And you're surprised it requires beefy hardware?

Less requirements would involve an engine that isn't mainly duct tape and Todd Howard's hopes and dreams

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

You're the moron who brought up Star Citizen and blamed that for this game getting shit on. I'm just saying you're being ignorant. People are shitting on the game because Bethesda is retarded. Has nothing to do with Star Citizen fans or any other space sim's fans.

Who is the moron now? Is not me that brought that out lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiste

Augur

CPU: i7-6800K.
Yea... it looks sensible. Right? It's 6xxx series, 6 core... That stuff with Skylake era... But it's actually Broadwell CPU, and it's FUCKING server CPU, namely HIGH END server CPU with quad channel memory controller which is completely unusable for gaming. I know that because I had it's one generation older cousin, and I switched to dual channel DDR4 CPU that didn't eat 90 watts, and was more stable. Also I can run linpack with only 72 watts instead of 130 W which I'd need for 4 GHz fixed speed.

So yea, that's not a minimal CPU, that CPU is more expensive and tough than the CPU in recommended settings. I actually doubt someone who could afford the minimum CPU listed is still using that CPU for gaming.

So that was idiocy number 1.

Idiocy n. 2 is they are trying to force 6-core requirement at us as minimum requirement.

Idiocy n. 3 is GTX 1070 Ti as minimum requirement. Who could afford that? Not me. Also NVidia plans RTX 4050 and RTX 4060 as new mainstream. And frankly I expect RTX 4060 would be slower than GTX 1070 Ti.

Idiocy n. 4 SSD is requirement.
Like what? Why would a game developer list SSD as REQUIREMENT. There is basically only one reason why list SSD as requirement. If game can't load ahead and chache data, then game needs low latency access to data. But, frankly Bethesda had programmers that were better than random person from India/China who bought theirs engineering title.

I actually expect when someone would remove DRM, the game would run on 4-core flawlessly, and at 20 percent higher speed.

Can I list the idiocy in this posting?

1. The i7-6800K was not a "fucking HIGH END server CPU". It came paired with the X99 Chipset and was marketed as Intel's HEDT-Platform. Yes, it's an idiotic minimum requirement because barely anyone is familiar with that CPU but it's not a "server CPU".

2. So? 6-core desktop CPUs have been on the market for more than a fucking decade now, since 2010. Speculating that you won't really need 6 cores for Starfield is, at this point, just speculation. Will it run on 4 cores? Probably. Will it be decently playable? Who knows.

3. The RTX 4060 will not be slower than the GTX 1070 Ti. It will be slightly faster than the 3060, which, in turn, was slightly faster than the 1070 Ti. It will do this at a massively inflated price, but it will be faster.

4. In current year I consider an SSD a minimum requirement for doing anything on a PC without wanting to fucking kill myself.

Minimum requirements are not the requirements to merely get the game to run. They're the requirements for a semi-decent gameplay experience at low settings.

Last edited:

Kiste

Augur
You will land your ship. You will walk/jetpack 2 minutes to that random POI that Bethesda have placed in a landmass of procedurally generated nothingness. On the way there you can harvest crafting materials using some stupid magic laser beam like in some $15 survival game shovelware crap.

Who cares if there's land vehicles and shit? Wouldn't make it better.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
No land vehicles and no flying your ship around planets. Ship flying is only in space.
Oof.

Yeah, I wondered how they were gonna pull off seamless atmospheric entry in a Netimmerse game.

Makes you wonder about how big these 100 "planets" will actually be, and if spaceflight is going to be little more than an advanced minigame for the usual Oblivion gameplay.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Anyone thinks that only having jetpack is a slow method to travel, didn't play ELEX 2 yet.
Not entirely about the vehicle, though I wouldn't have minded a Mass Effect MAKO knockoff.

If you can't fly around a planet, there's probably a reason for it. And that reason is probably that they don't want you to go to certain parts of the map and/or that it's not a spherical planet at all, but just another Oblivion map.

Kiste

Augur
Uh oh... that facial hair

IT's sTiLL BeTA!!1

No, seriously. That looks like shit.

It probably does not matter, though. If the popularity of all those body swap waifu mods for Bethesda games is anything to go by, then most players will play with the female "body type" anyway.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
You will land your ship. You will walk/jetpack 2 minutes to that random POI that Bethesda have placed in a landmass of procedurally generated nothingness. On the way there you can harvest crafting materials using some stupid magic laser beam like in some $15 survival game shovelware crap.

Who cares if there's land vehicles and shit? Wouldn't make it better.
Step 1:
~
TCL
Enter

Step 2:
Do the deed

Step 3:
Do step 1 back to the ship.

Step 4:
Step 1 again before entering the ship and leaving.

Also QoL tip:
~
player.modav carryweight 999999999999
Enter

You're welcome.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Uh oh... that facial hair

IT's sTiLL BeTA!!1

No, seriously. That looks like shit.

It probably does not matter, though. If the popularity of all those body swap waifu mods for Bethesda games is anything to go by, then most players will play with the female "body type" anyway.
What makes you think the female body type won't support facial hair?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom